TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

It’s like Charlie Bucket style hope only you’re never getting a golden ticket and the chocolate factory is actually a 40 year old used Troika anyway.

No, the chocolate factory is an hour and a half away, duh.

Did anyone seriously expect that after tearing down Stinger, what, a few months ago, that they'd have something in its place for the 2018 season? They could start site work / clearing right at the very end of the year and still be able to open a small / mid-sized attraction by Memorial Day 2019.

It’s like Charlie Bucket style hope only you’re never getting a golden ticket and the chocolate factory is actually a 40 year old used Troika anyway.

No, the chocolate factory is an hour and a half away, duh.

Did anyone seriously expect that after tearing down Stinger, what, a few months ago, that they'd have something in its place for the 2018 season? They could start site work / clearing right at the very end of the year and still be able to open a small / mid-sized attraction by Memorial Day 2019.

They left the electrical building for Stinger standing. Unless they gutted it already and it's just a shell I honestly doubt anything's gonna get done with the plot for 2019.

• 2 weeks later...

From Screamscape:

The latest rumors suggest that Dorney Park has filed permits to build a new coaster... and from the look of an image that leaked, it will be a new wooden coaster that will take up the old Stinger site and the area behind it, but not venture into the space currently occupied by Dinosaurs Alive. Based on the kind of layout I'm hearing about, this sounds very much like a GCI Twister style coaster, much like the very popular Gold Striker at California's Great America.

I'm not convinced this is a GCI layout or even a wooden coaster from that image, but maybe they know something I don't? The curves in the layout look really unfluid and strange to me.

I dont want to to sound like an ass when I say this, but I probably have better resources than anyone of those people, and from what i have been told...

it will be something that can be built within a short period of time, and fit right in the stinger plot of land.

The latest rumors suggest that Dorney Park has filed permits to build a new coaster..

seh6p.gif

Give us news that deny this information.

No, you give us news that confirms this information. It's impossible to prove that something is not.

^^ Ummm, that's pretty much the opposite of how it's supposed to work, Alex Jones. Find the evidence to SUPPORT the rumors, then you'll have more buy-in. It doesn't work the other way around.

Let's keep the discussion civil and not get into sources and credibility. Time will tell if these rumors are true... We don't need anyone to try to fight over credit for even partially confirming or denying the rumor.

Just a couple comments/thoughts based on this leak:

- will the Zypher be impacted by this addition? My guess is no.

- Do they keep the haunt attraction down there? The park invested a nice chunk of change in a queue lie and overhaul in recent years.

- Do the Flying Eagles find a new home? While they are represented in the overhead it could be simply because its an overlay of an existing aerial shot.

- Is the train coming straight out of the station along the road?

- Is there possibly a helix in the bottom right that is not in the picture? The turn into the station looks rather tight. If so, how does this interact with Possessed?

Just a couple comments/thoughts based on this leak:

- will the Zypher be impacted by this addition? My guess is no.

- Do they keep the haunt attraction down there? The park invested a nice chunk of change in a queue lie and overhaul in recent years.

- Do the Flying Eagles find a new home? While they are represented in the overhead it could be simply because its an overlay of an existing aerial shot.

- Is the train coming straight out of the station along the road?

- Is there possibly a helix in the bottom right that is not in the picture? The turn into the station looks rather tight. If so, how does this interact with Possessed?

Not gonna be a wood coaster.

God please let it be that. For one, the park could use it. Also the bitching and crying about it will be epic.

And it would bring them back to three inverts after having lost Stinger. Is there any park with more inverts?

Even though I want something more thrilling, the park does need another under 48" coaster. All someone under 48" can ride is Wild Mouse and the kiddie coaster where Hershey has SDL, Comet, Laff Trakk, Trailblazer and Cocoa Cruiser for anyone 42" (Trailblazer and Cocoa Cruiser for 36") and Great Adventure has The Dark Knight, Skull Mountain, Runaway Mine Train, Harley Quinn Crazy Train and Road Runner Railway for someone 44".

God please let it be that. For one, the park could use it. Also the bitching and crying about it will be epic.

And it would bring them back to three inverts after having lost Stinger. Is there any park with more inverts?

Dorney Park: Invert Capital of the World.

Kings Island has 4.

Even though I want something more thrilling, the park does need another under 48" coaster.

At this point, a family coaster would definitely do, so I do agree.

By the looks of the "leaked layout", if it were to be a wooden coaster, I'd imagine it to be something like Wooden Warrior. It also looks like it could be a mine train coaster, too. Throwing in ideas here...

New Bitmap Image.bmp

It also looks like it could be a mine train coaster, too. Throwing in ideas here...

Wasn't Thunderation the last mine train in 1993? I can't think of a newer one than that. And yes, I know about Seven Dwarves, it's not the same thing. Pretty sure the mine train died with Arrow.