TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Adrenaline Alley and West Coaster Racer, I’d say there’s a connection there. I can’t imagine them doing another dueling coaster just off the heels of TC. I have no clue the direction they might go on this one.

My guess is it may simply have a race "theme" rather than literally be a racing/dueling coaster like TC.

I actually like the name "Adrenaline Alley" for the area. Not as enthusiastic about West Coaster Racer, but if it turns out to be a huge kicka$$ coaster of some sort, I won't care what they name it really.

Adrenaline Alley and West Coaster Racer, I’d say there’s a connection there. I can’t imagine them doing another dueling coaster just off the heels of TC. I have no clue the direction they might go on this one.

My guess is it may simply have a race "theme" rather than literally be a racing/dueling coaster like TC.

I actually like the name "Adrenaline Alley" for the area. Not as enthusiastic about West Coaster Racer, but if it turns out to be a huge kicka$$ coaster of some sort, I won't care what they name it really.

This whole area should have a Fast and Furious style theme.

^^ SFMM could take the opportunity to become the first park with two RMC I-Box conversions! Then they would definitely have two of the best coasters on the planet lol! Undeniably a better use of Apocalypse, and I haven't even ridden it lol!

I really hope they hire GCI to do the same treatment they did on Ghostrider to Apocalypse. Retrack the whole thing a theme it to a junkyard/Car shop were the trains are now themed to cars and the story is you are taking the cars out for a test ride and it gets wild. Also Six Flags has now trademarked West Coaster Racer and Maxx Force.

I'm agreeing with the second comment. Let GCI work on it like they did Ghostie at Knotts. Apocalypse used to be a great ride. I was in my top 10 wood. I could easily marathon it, especially at night. That was great!

Right now, the first half is good. After you come out of that last tunnel - it's brutal. I've always said it must be the sun. Inside the first tunnel turn, it's as "smoooth as a baby's butt." That part of the track is never exposed to the sun. I think this ride could easily be restored to it's former glory...

I wish they would. It really has a lot in common with Ghost Rider. Both are great layouts that would be much more fun without being so rough, and both are beat down by the Southern California sun at a year round park.

I think Gold Striker up at CGA is going to need the same treatment pretty soon too, I just rode it the other day and it's starting to approach Apocalypse level roughness, and that thing was so smooth and fun when it opened. I actually did CGA and SCBB in the same day and Gold Striker at CGA was my last ride of that park, and then when I got to SCBB my first ride was Giant Dipper, and the 1924 coaster was much smoother than the 2014 coaster.

Neither was as rough as current Apocalypse or pre-rehab Ghost Rider though.

^^ SFMM could take the opportunity to become the first park with two RMC I-Box conversions!

I would be so down with this. And to add to what Jew said, Magic Mountain simply does not have the resources to maintain a wooden ride like this with all the other coasters in it's arsenal. Knott's is a different story, they have way less coasters, and Ghostrider is an icon. An El Toro style plug and play retrack or RMC conversion like Joker at SFDK would be sweet. The ride has a TON of potential, it's just not lived up to it past it's first couple years, and it HAS to be a headache for the park to maintain.

There is nothing wrong with Apocalypse that some track work and TLC (ala Ghostrider) wouldn't fix.

They JUST paid some 3rd party wooden coaster restoration company a bunch of money to do extensive track work and give it TLC, and shortly after running for a couple months, the ride has basically been stagnant anyway.

For whatever reason to me, the ride has always felt out of place. It does have some cool elements, but even when I rode it for the first time I didn't really get what they were going for. Yeah it was sponsored temporarily by a movie, and it had a soundtrack shortly removed after, not to mention no last row. The whole thing was some presentation that us enthusiasts who know the park knew would never last. So now it's just kind of...there.

People are always so quick to tear down coasters. Imagine if Knotts had just torn down Ghostrider when it was at it's worse for nearly a decade. We wouldn't have the great ride we have today.

I'm not quick to tear down coasters at all, but Ghostrider is in a whole 'nother ballpark. That ride had been great for almost 2 decades before it had to be gutted and redone. It's an icon of the park. It's a GREAT coaster. Terminator/Apocalypse not so much. I'm not sure many guests would even know if the ride was gone.

That whole corner of the park needs a lot of work, and while I'm not really a big fan of how Six Flags "re-does" its areas, it is nice to know they're atleast going to give it a shot. I'm praying for a Mack or Intamin. A Time Traveler type ride would be OK, but at this point I'm not sure it'd bring me back to the park, and I'm not sure it fits with what the park needs.

Man, I miss Deja Vu!

Cyclone Bay seems to be now officially closed for their new 2019 project. I have a feeling this area of the park is gonna become Adrenaline Alley as Six Flags trademarked the name a few months ago. Photo is from Oh Whoops on Instagram

Pretty huge section blocked off, whatever is coming looks to be gigantic

^^ SFMM could take the opportunity to become the first park with two RMC I-Box conversions! Then they would definitely have two of the best coasters on the planet lol! Undeniably a better use of Apocalypse, and I haven't even ridden it lol!

I really hope they hire GCI to do the same treatment they did on Ghostrider to Apocalypse. Retrack the whole thing a theme it to a junkyard/Car shop were the trains are now themed to cars and the story is you are taking the cars out for a test ride and it gets wild. Also Six Flags has now trademarked West Coaster Racer and Maxx Force.

I'm agreeing with the second comment. Let GCI work on it like they did Ghostie at Knotts. Apocalypse used to be a great ride. I was in my top 10 wood. I could easily marathon it, especially at night. That was great!

Right now, the first half is good. After you come out of that last tunnel - it's brutal. I've always said it must be the sun. Inside the first tunnel turn, it's as "smoooth as a baby's butt." That part of the track is never exposed to the sun. I think this ride could easily be restored to it's former glory...

Goldstriker is already rough. GhostRider is already rougher again (better than it's CCI days, but nowhere close to how it ran when it opened). Hiring GCI isn't going to solve the long term problems.

Just a guess, but I think West Coast Racers is going to be a rename of the Cyclone 500 go Karts to match the new theme. The new coaster sounds more like Maxx Force.

I'm not quick to tear down coasters at all, but Ghostrider is in a whole 'nother ballpark. That ride had been great for almost 2 decades before it had to be gutted and redone. It's an icon of the park. It's a GREAT coaster. Terminator/Apocalypse not so much. I'm not sure many guests would even know if the ride was gone.

That whole corner of the park needs a lot of work, and while I'm not really a big fan of how Six Flags "re-does" its areas, it is nice to know they're atleast going to give it a shot. I'm praying for a Mack or Intamin. A Time Traveler type ride would be OK, but at this point I'm not sure it'd bring me back to the park, and I'm not sure it fits with what the park needs.

Man, I miss Deja Vu!

I don't think it's a spinner, but something MUCH bigger that will redefine that area of the park. As for Apocalypse, I personally don't think it's that bad at all. But I wouldn't cry if they RMC it. I was just saying that tearing down the ride would be a waste. A conversion of some sort still gets some use out of it.

Just a guess, but I think West Coast Racers is going to be a rename of the Cyclone 500 go Karts to match the new theme. The new coaster sounds more like Maxx Force.

I was thinking that West Coast Racers does not sound like the name of a major coaster. I mean it'd almost be refreshing to have such a simple, non-ridiculous name at a Six Flags park, but still.

I swear if Maxx Force becomes a thing, I will insist on spelling it Max Force, to combat the Six Flags silliness a little.

I made that walk about 4 or 5 times to and from that Hilton when I was there in 2013. It's definitely doable, but be prepared to be a bit gassed.

Yeah I agree. It's doable, just not fun. Many times I have stayed at the HGI with plans to walk to the park, but then as I got ready to do it I decided I really didn't want to. Plus it makes it that much harder to rest in your room in the middle of the day and come back.

The original poster is from Switzerland and probably finds talk of this hike up the hill comical.

I feel like Deja Vu would be in better shape if it was still at Magic Mountain, it's just so rough as Goliath at New England, came off that ride in the 2nd row with an awful headache and was bummed that I had to wait a little bit till the pain went away to ride more rides, you can't ride it anywhere except the first row.

The new rumor from screamscape sounds pretty convincing this will be a Mack coaster and an expensive one!! Is SFMM finally getting their first huge coaster investment since 2006?!!

Terminator was a pretty good investment too and I'd imagine TC was not cheap either. I know the whole Full Throttle project was close to 20 million too I believe.

Six Flags Magic Mountain has sent us a press release announcing their Fourth of July festivities for this year!

In honor of the July 4th holiday, Six Flags Magic Mountain, the undisputed “Thrill Capital of the World,” will be transformed into a five-day celebration with patriotic festivities from June 30 - July 4. Capped off nightly at 9:15 p.m. with a dazzling fireworks and laser extravaganza set to flag-waving music, the Coca-Cola July 4th Fest will feature the new All-American Food Festival, offering a variety of specialty foods and beverage items only available during the Food Festival.

“This year, we are launching our biggest July 4th Fest ever with five days of family thrills, patriotic-themed entertainment and activities, a new food festival and spectacular fireworks,” said Park President, Neal Thurman. “We are proud to present this expanded event to celebrate our country’s Independence Day, to display our American pride, and bring families and friends together to enjoy fun, food and fireworks.”

Six Flags Magic Mountain is going BIG for this year’s event with park-wide activities each day including:

• Five days of Early Ride Times on some of the park’s world-class coasters, including Full Throttle, Goliath, Twisted Colossus, X2 and Tatsu*;
  • The new All-American Food Festival featuring exclusive event favorites with a thrilling twist, such as sweet pulled pork fries, pepper jack mac and cheese, peanut butter and jelly donuts, hard cider wings and much more;
  • Entertainment in areas throughout the park with live music, deejays, games and other activities;
  • Show-stopping fireworks and laser show choreographed to patriotic music (viewed from the Main gate Plaza area and the Full Throttle Zone); and
  • An exclusive first-ever Coca-Cola After Party featuring a deejay, dancers and special entertainment, including Dueling Pianos in the Full Throttle Sports Bar, plus after hours Exclusive Ride Time on some of the park’s most popular rides**.

*To participate in the Early Ride Time, guests must bring a can of any Coca-Cola® product or purchase a limited edition 2018 July 4th Patriotic Cup along with paid admission ticket. Early entrance for Members and Pass Holders will be honored on these days.

**The Coca-Cola After Party is included with the purchase of the 2018 July 4th Patriotic Cup, the All-American Food Festival punch card, Diamond or Diamond Elite members.

For more information on July 4th Fest and all the activities, please visit https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/special-events/july-4th-fest

So I'm at the park today. Brought my swim trunks and sandals so I can check out hurricane harbor for the first time. Never been to a water park to be honest. Any recommendations for my first slide?

Try the drop slides. The 2 that have the doors fall from underneath you. Always the best!

So I'm at the park today. Brought my swim trunks and sandals so I can check out hurricane harbor for the first time. Never been to a water park to be honest. Any recommendations for my first slide?

The park isn’t crowded at all today. Both sides of Superman are open!!

The park isn’t crowded at all today. Both sides of Superman are open!!

WOW! I guess I will make a trip tomorrow. My luck I will get there, it will be crowded and kids all over the place!