The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: stlman37 and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby scooterdoug » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:07 pm

cosmic hearse wrote:Anyone know how long the line has been for Life Force Crusher-X? Lol

New article from The Onion set at Magic Mountain.

You left out the best part:
Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 7.59.24 PM.png
This made me laugh so freakin' hard...
Aikido: Why fight when you can flow?

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Shut It Down » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:42 pm

The new rumor from screamscape sounds pretty convincing this will be a Mack coaster and an expensive one!! Is SFMM finally getting their first huge coaster investment since 2006?!!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby DropDeadFuzzy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:00 pm

Shut It Down wrote:The new rumor from screamscape sounds pretty convincing this will be a Mack coaster and an expensive one!! Is SFMM finally getting their first huge coaster investment since 2006?!!

Terminator was a pretty good investment too and I'd imagine TC was not cheap either. I know the whole YOLOcoaster project was close to 20 million too I believe.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Coastin' thru life » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:17 pm

Soooo, another hypercoaster? Think Mack will make a giga for the mountain?

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:14 am

Six Flags Magic Mountain has sent us a press release announcing their Fourth of July festivities for this year!

In honor of the July 4th holiday, Six Flags Magic Mountain, the undisputed “Thrill Capital of the World,” will be transformed into a five-day celebration with patriotic festivities from June 30 - July 4. Capped off nightly at 9:15 p.m. with a dazzling fireworks and laser extravaganza set to flag-waving music, the Coca-Cola July 4th Fest will feature the new All-American Food Festival, offering a variety of specialty foods and beverage items only available during the Food Festival.

“This year, we are launching our biggest July 4th Fest ever with five days of family thrills, patriotic-themed entertainment and activities, a new food festival and spectacular fireworks,” said Park President, Neal Thurman. “We are proud to present this expanded event to celebrate our country’s Independence Day, to display our American pride, and bring families and friends together to enjoy fun, food and fireworks.”

Six Flags Magic Mountain is going BIG for this year’s event with park-wide activities each day including:

• Five days of Early Ride Times on some of the park’s world-class coasters, including YOLOcoaster, Goliath, Twisted Colossus, X2 and Tatsu*;
  • The new All-American Food Festival featuring exclusive event favorites with a thrilling twist, such as sweet pulled pork fries, pepper jack mac and cheese, peanut butter and jelly donuts, hard cider wings and much more;
  • Entertainment in areas throughout the park with live music, deejays, games and other activities;
  • Show-stopping fireworks and laser show choreographed to patriotic music (viewed from the Main gate Plaza area and the YOLOcoaster Zone); and
  • An exclusive first-ever Coca-Cola After Party featuring a deejay, dancers and special entertainment, including Dueling Pianos in the YOLOcoaster Sports Bar, plus after hours Exclusive Ride Time on some of the park’s most popular rides**.
*To participate in the Early Ride Time, guests must bring a can of any Coca-Cola® product or purchase a limited edition 2018 July 4th Patriotic Cup along with paid admission ticket. Early entrance for Members and Pass Holders will be honored on these days.

**The Coca-Cola After Party is included with the purchase of the 2018 July 4th Patriotic Cup, the All-American Food Festival punch card, Diamond or Diamond Elite members.

For more information on July 4th Fest and all the activities, please visit https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/special-events/july-4th-fest
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby Twistedtatsu805 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:51 am

Any idea how bad crowds are gonna be today? Its my one day off this week and I need my adrenaline fix!

Postby Twistedtatsu805 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:54 pm

So I'm at the park today. Brought my swim trunks and sandals so I can check out hurricane harbor for the first time. Never been to a water park to be honest. Any recommendations for my first slide?

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Truth Hurts » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:22 pm

Twistedtatsu805 wrote:So I'm at the park today. Brought my swim trunks and sandals so I can check out hurricane harbor for the first time. Never been to a water park to be honest. Any recommendations for my first slide?

Try the drop slides. The 2 that have the doors fall from underneath you. Always the best!

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby SFMMGeek27 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:58 pm

Twistedtatsu805 wrote:So I'm at the park today. Brought my swim trunks and sandals so I can check out hurricane harbor for the first time. Never been to a water park to be honest. Any recommendations for my first slide?

The park isn’t crowded at all today. Both sides of Superman are open!!

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Truth Hurts » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:02 pm

SFMMGeek27 wrote:

The park isn’t crowded at all today. Both sides of Superman are open!!

WOW! I guess I will make a trip tomorrow. My luck I will get there, it will be crowded and kids all over the place!

PreviousNext