TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

Great photos.

Splash Mountain is a masterpiece of an attraction. I know I'm always big on flumes, but the dark ride element alone makes this one of the best rides on Disney property.

I know !!! My dad took me on this ride when I was a kid and I have loved it since. It’s amazing how nice they keep it. I have more from other rides I’m editing up now, but non really have that color pop like this ride. I need to go back and do the same things in the day

Took my first stint with my annual pass yesterday, and things were packed. Space Mountain and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train were often seen with queues as long as 165 minutes. But crowds were manageable.

Very interesting contrast, having gone to Disneyland literally just a week prior. Same horrible wait times but you actually have room to breathe.

Took my first stint with my annual pass yesterday, and things were packed. Space Mountain and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train were often seen with queues as long as 165 minutes. But crowds were manageable.

Very interesting contrast, having gone to Disneyland literally just a week prior. Same horrible wait times but you actually have room to breathe.

I agree 100% being able to breathe. Trying to navigate Disneyland feels like the 7th circle of hell, particularly the time I went Memorial Day weekend. Having said that, I do find that the max wait times in California tend to be less than what you find at Disney World. The worst wait I've seen there is Radiator Springs Racers at 90 minutes.

It may also take that long to navigate the park if a parade is going on though.

• 1 month later...

The new Pirates of the Caribbean auction scene has officially debuted!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/03/pirates-of-the-caribbean-at-walt-disney-world-resort-reopens-march-19-with-new-auction-scene/

bnhsgetr.thumb.jpg.f163478127650b01e9dc2ce8114d2183.jpg

When Pirates of the Caribbean reopens at Magic Kingdom Park March 19, guests will be introduced to the new version of the attraction’s auction scene we first announced last summer.

Just as Walt Disney embraced and encouraged Disney Parks to “keep moving forward” since the opening of Disneyland Park in 1955, Walt Disney Imagineering has introduced many new characters at Pirates of the Caribbean attraction over the years.

The pirate auctioneer now oversees a sale of the townspeople’s most prized possessions and goods. In this scene, the familiar redhead figure has switched sides to become a pirate named Redd, who’s just pillaged the town’s rum supply and has something to say about it.

As we previously shared, the auction scene in the attraction at Disneyland Paris received a similar revision last year. Disneyland park will also receive similar updates to its Pirates of the Caribbean attraction later this spring, with work beginning April 23.

Edited by jedimaster1227

• 2 weeks later...

Add me to the list of people who are completely okay with the new scene. Rode Pirates of the Caribbean today and it fits right in.

• 2 months later...

I will be attending a conference in Orlando next month. Noticed that Magic Kingdom After Hours is offered the Saturday before my conference (July 21). So the park will be open to everyone that pays $119 (plus passholders) from 10:00pm - 1:00am. Has anyone attended Magic Kingdom After Hours this summer? Is it worth it? How are the crowds in comparison to a summer weekday?

For $120 (or $90 for me personally with my annual pass), I'd rather deal with the daily crowds. Maybe I'd drop the cash if I were flying into Florida, AND stuck somewhere during the day (like a conference) AND only had the opportunity to go to the park for one evening during my entire trip.

Download the MyDisneyExperience app and periodically check wait times over the next few days. You'll get a pretty good idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

Last night TPR was invited out to take part in the "After Hours" event at Magic Kingdom! What is this event you ask? It's a little bit like "Extra Magic Hours" but better, more exclusive, and includes more stuff! It is also open to EVERYONE, not just people staying on property at a Walt Disney World resort. Here's some information:

- The event is $119 ($89 for Passholders) for tickets purchased online in advance. (Check the website though in case prices may change) The event happens on select dates so once again, check the website.

- You get “exclusive park time” three hours after the park closes, but you are allowed to enter three hours before the park closes so you can see fireworks, have more time to play, etc.

- All major attractions and many minor attractions are open along some character greetings You also get unlimited drinks, treats (Mickey Mouse bars, ice cream sandwiches, etc), and popcorn all night long!)

Here is the website for more info: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/disney-after-hours/

You can also Google "Magic Kingdom After Hours" and it should come right up! Now onto some photos & video!

Watch this 60 second video first and it should give you a really good idea what the event is like!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

001.thumb.JPG.888a0618ea88d913a50aa8bd88e93a6b.JPG

We arrived to the event a couple of hours before the park closed to get in a few bonus rides and take a few more photos. You can enter the park three hours BEFORE the park closes. So with the "exclusive park time" after closing you get a total of 6 hours of park time.

002.thumb.JPG.11f3fed3ffaafcc539f120ba80e649d3.JPG

Let's start out on Big Thunder Mountain!

003.thumb.JPG.d55dc71e3f77c317088061cb9f176704.JPG

This is always a favorite of mine! HANDS UP!!!

004.thumb.JPG.b914a136ce652741ec46c6e362f5da71.JPG

Getting into the park early means you also have time to catch the fireworks before the park closes, and if you haven't seen the new Happily Ever After show, you NEED to see it!

008.thumb.JPG.495317e27061060097126cc71de43016.JPG

Once the event starts it's all the Coca-Cola, Mickey Mouse bars, and Space Mountain you can handle! This sounds like a dream to me!

009.thumb.JPG.7f13ac3166e78b66ffeee6333907a00c.JPG

Even compared to resort Extra Magic Hours, attraction wait times are ridiculously short!

010.thumb.JPG.f9841755d9ac52c70ea8764cddbb2b95.JPG

Thunder & Splash Mountain were both 5 minutes.

011.thumb.jpg.73bd071887f2fbac3f86932ae80c3433.jpg

Areas like this corridor of Fantasyland that you're used to seeing PACKED with people are totally empty!

012.thumb.jpg.97794dbb4483c3e4e2f68e8f5486d2da.jpg

I love walking through the park when it feels like you're almost the only one there!

013.thumb.jpg.c0031c0a4dfaecf44335b4b7d44e64f2.jpg

This event is also a photographer's heaven! (Jack Crouse was with me and he got these awesome area shots!)

014.thumb.jpg.be090ef3eb4529353a8f33b01a8df52c.jpg

It's not often you see Space Mountain void of anyone at all around it!

015.thumb.JPG.018d8764553a8179aadb84151a0cf0c0.JPG

Not only are the attractions open, but you can also meet several characters with no wait at all as well!

016.thumb.JPG.08603979590d016dcf8e1811323db382.JPG

Rapunzel was teaching me how to smolder because apparently I'm terrible at it! (She's not wrong!)

017.thumb.jpg.f7715c15dab55a68ec620700af8a1f5a.jpg

If you want to be on a ride and have a boat all to yourself for some awesome family pics, this is the event where you can do that!

018.thumb.JPG.115f28c660bd4909ed72d7dfeb488570.JPG

Did we mention that you can keep getting as much popcorn and soda as you want all night long?

019.thumb.JPG.fa8e5e8a581f7a46beb56b7f9d6cbf8f.JPG

Haunted Mansion may have been cleverly posted at 13 minutes, but there was no wait at all!

020.thumb.JPG.9da3387da0dddc18a9bd129747298f10.JPG

Even attractions like Country Bear Jamboree were open! And when CBJ is open, you know it's a GREAT event!

021.thumb.JPG.0f769e320f350ceeb72e06f491b6e185.JPG

What about Peter Pan?

022.thumb.JPG.ec432153e53212ea5c7143beb88306c7.JPG

Yep, it's a total walk-on! When was the last time you saw that???

023.thumb.JPG.9dc03a15ea41bef96a27de4cfa66eef0.JPG

And Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, you ask?

024.thumb.JPG.7af68290c3c96443966f5bffa98f0044.JPG

Also posted at 5 minutes!

025.thumb.JPG.e2b91491f2e769e0a68b96ee277c5fca.JPG

Attractions like Tomorrowland Speedway also with no wait!

026.thumb.JPG.c9864770958b261a34e425d9845e1d70.JPG

You can ride Space Mountain as much as you'd like...

027.thumb.JPEG.1635ec8f57b49647c099e3f4556d190a.JPEG

And keep trying for that perfect on-ride photo to share with friends!

028.thumb.JPG.f8b4b9d4080f2b85f158018f0fffc2f2.JPG

We highly recommend this event. You can do SO MUCH in the three hours of "Exclusive Park Time" that you really can get more done in those hours than you can in most of your day at the park, especially on a summer Saturday which yesterday was!

100.thumb.JPG.25882d243db58d3c7fb56a9f133fe566.JPG

Goodnight Magic Kingdom! Thank you again to Walt Disney World for inviting us out to this event!

Now, POST YOUR COMMENTS!!!! After all, we took the time to write this report, the least you can do is post something nice about it!

MiniRocket.jpg.22395f4aab4ec96de496cc047f71d2f1.jpg

1707884430_RealBroken_huge.jpg.2041abc067374eae02f15aecfe5b6a43.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

that really looks incredible, and love the fact that you can enter 3 hours before, so in total you get 6 hours, tho not all is gonna have the exclusivity and the shorter lines.

two quick questions that popped up

- surprised they didn't do this as an "add on" to the daily ticket? one can just purchase this alone and get 6 hours in the park for $119? that itself seems to be a pretty solid deal.

-- totally just a curious question. . how do staff members shoo those lingerers out for the exclusive event? (I see y'all have lanyards, so they can tell who's participating). do the ride operators just not let folks in the lines without the badge?

- surprised they didn't do this as an "add on" to the daily ticket? one can just purchase this alone and get 6 hours in the park for $119? that itself seems to be a pretty solid deal.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but they don't sell it as an "add-on" because you don't need a daily ticket to go to this. You just need to buy this ticket. It's just like Mickey's Not-So-Scary or Very Merry Christmas Party. All of those being "hard ticket" events.

-- totally just a curious question. . how do staff members shoo those lingerers out for the exclusive event? (I see y'all have lanyards, so they can tell who's participating). do the ride operators just not let folks in the lines without the badge?

You need a lanyard to get on any rides or to get any of the snacks or drinks. I didn't really see anyone who wasn't wearing a lanyard asked to leave the park, but I did witness people without lanyards be turned away from food and attractions.

Okay, with the three-hour early entry and the free snacks, it's definitely worth it to me now. The price is comparable to a daily ticket, yet it appears that you are able to experience more, especially if you stay for the entire 3 + 3 hours. Glad you had fun!

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but they don't sell it as an "add-on" because you don't need a daily ticket to go to this. You just need to buy this ticket. It's just like Mickey's Not-So-Scary or Very Merry Christmas Party. All of those being "hard ticket" events.

yes, that's what I was meaning. I thought they do it like some other places I've been to (thinking Dinosaurs Alive!), where you have to get a park ticket at full price, but then do an "add on" to let you do the "bonus" thing (see the Dino animatronics, or to get the extra hours & perks).

it's GREAT that it's s separate ticketed event (I've never bought tix or been to the other two, so didn't realize they were really stand alone too).

thanks for the response, I understand it better now, and it's absolutely a stellar deal!