TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

La Ronde Discussion Thread

^ The park also has a very strong flat ride collection. Honestly a good chunk of their flats are better than the coasters.

Agreed. I was pretty excited for them going in but ended up skipping every single one of them because the thought of spending another second in that place while I watched them come up with the most inefficient possible way to operate whatever flat ride I happened to be in line for at the time just wasn't going to happen.

Actually wait, I lied. I rode the Breakdance because it was one of the 4 rides that the park chose to operate for the first 2 hours of the day before every other ride in the park opened at exactly the same time exactly 2 hours into the day as part of a "totally not scheduled that way" coincidence.

Wow, I have zero recollection that this park is known for its flat rides, and I only vaguely remember riding one: a pirate ship that, for some reason, I insisted on hitting up. I probably rode at least a couple others, but I guess this memory lapse and/or lack of riding goes to show, uh, something? about La Ronde.

Do you think it would be possible to expand the park ? ?

It's not about the size of the park, it's how you use it.

Brillant

But I do agree that La Ronde doesn't need to be expanded ; there is already a ton of empty space all around the park, especially since they destroyed Le Cobra (which is an especially large plot of land if we take into account the old Tornade's spot nearby) and La Pitoune. Considering that the park never gets anything significant, filling in the holes seems like a much better solution for the next several years than expanding.

• 2 weeks later...

^This puzzled me at first, since it was part of the Carnaval en Folie previously announced, but the Carnaval disappeared completely from their website ; looks like we're only getting a Tilt-a-whirl instead of three rides. Way to go La Ronde I do wonder, though, what made them reconsider installing the two other rides, considering they already had them in storage.

And what did La Ronde do to be the only park in the world (that I can think of off-hand) that has a B&M Invert AND a Vekoma SLC?

To answer the second question, something along the line of : when Six Flags bought La Ronde they had to invest a certain amount of money (90 million $ I believe) at the park in the following ten years. Came 2010, they hadn't yet spent all the money required by the contract, and the old Serial Thriller just happened to be sitting in storage in (relatively) nearby Lake George. Thus the SLC ended at La Ronde.

2010-me was super excited that my home park was getting a new coaster at the time of the announcement... Because I had no idea what a Vekoma SLC was back then

^^ If that's what they do, I'll have to reconsider calling the Great Escape the chain's redheaded stepchild.

To be honest TGE isnt even that bad, sure the rides arent that great but it has alot of charm that the other SF parks have gotten rid of. Really all its missing is another decent coaster to along with the Comet. Also the season passes there are alot cheaper than at SFNE and SFGADV both of which are within day trip driving distance from Albany.

The lack of additions doesn't necessarily mean Great Escape is a bad park. It has the charm you mention plus the Comet is a fantastic wooden coaster.

But I don't necessarily feel the need to return every year since the coaster collection has remained unchanged for as long as I've visited the park. I understand a good bit of that is because of the location and clientele.

• 4 weeks later...
I saw on Screamscape that LaRonde's 2018 additions got reduced to one addition. I wonder what happened.

This was noted almost a month ago. But, it does make you wonder why it was changed. But, a Tilt-A-Whirl is better than nothing at all!

Edited by Johnlloyd

OK, for those who have this place as their local park or people who've been recently: I'm planning on going on a Saturday in June because that's the time I've got to use. I literally don't have another weekend or day and don't even tell me about "if you go on _______" because NO NO NO.

That being said, I need 5 credits here: Goliath, Boomerang, Dragon, Super Manege, Toboggan Nordique. Do I start with Goliath or do I start with Toboggan Nordique and Boomerang since their capacity is the drizzling $#!+$? I am accepting I may not ride La Monstre because this is a retarded theme park. I am accepting that I may not ride Vampire again because this is a retarded theme park. I would like to ride the flat rides that are big, but...you guessed it. This is a retarded theme park. I technically need the Mini Mine Train but....yeah. Oh and I'd like to ride that thing that has cars shaped like train cars and goes around theming, or the monorail, but like, is it so retarded that someone at the park by themseles won't be let on or get yelled at for phototaking from a scenic attraction intended for people to take pictures on?

I need your help, guys. I really don't want to get a QBot here. I really, really don't want to give them my money. It isn't like they'd do anything competent with it anyways. It's not the lack of $15 pizza/fry meals being bought that makes this place so bad.

God, just thinking about that is giving me PTSD.

Toboggan Nordique‘s operations are atrocious. I mean... that’s true for every ride but holy hell. When we went it was one of the 3 coasters that opened with the park and not 2 hours later so I guess that’s a plus. Who knows if that’s always the case though...