TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

https://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/jurassic-world/

Jurassic_World_2800x1197.thumb.jpg.7e1fe2450f0d2db54e117100549092be.jpg

In 2019, face Indominus rex when she makes her world premiere in the new, high-tech Jurassic World. Journey to where living dinosaurs roam the earth in the part expedition, part heart-pounding water ride based on the blockbuster film franchise.

On this river-raft adventure, get doused as a colossal Mosasaursus dives for its great white shark snack. But the real danger lies ahead when the brutal Indominus rex escapes its enclosure. Be prepared when a 50-foot Tyrannosaurs rex comes to your rescue… right before your final plunge down a treacherous 84-foot waterfall.

And plan to experience the original Jurassic Park®- The Ride one final time before it becomes extinct on Sept. 3, 2018!

https://www.nbcumv.com/news/countdown-extinction-%E2%80%9Cjurassic-park%E2%80%94-ride%E2%80%9D-universal-studios-hollywood-starts-now?network=33127

The countdown to the extinction of “Jurassic Park—The Ride” begins as Universal Studios Hollywood excavates the site in preparation for the 2019 arrival of “Jurassic World Ride,” inspired by Universal Pictures’ blockbuster film franchise.

“Jurassic Park—The Ride” will officially become extinct on September 3, 2018.

In 1996, Universal Studios Hollywood redefined theme park thrill rides with the unprecedented introduction of “Jurassic Park—The Ride,” based on three-time Academy Award®winner Spielberg’s epic film. Hailed as a technological achievement of triumph and wizardry, the ride featured newly debuted principles of hydraulic physics, mechanics and space-age robotics. Working in partnership with scientists, palaeontologists and aerospace engineers, Universal Creative—the team that develops Universal theme park rides—brought to life one of the most compelling rides ever created. Life-sized and lifelike animatronic dinosaurs, some towering over five-stories high, freely roamed the earth at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Twenty-two years later—and after sending millions of guests back to the Jurassic era for menacing face-to-face encounters with such predators as Stegosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Dilophosaurus, Velociraptors and the Tyrannosaurus rex—“Jurassic Park—The Ride” will become extinct in preparation for a new, next-generation experience that’s even more immersive and technologically advanced. The new ride will pay homage to Jurassic Park and will reimagine this landmark film franchise for theme park guests. The Jurassic Cove restaurant and Jurassic Outfitters retail store also will close with the attraction and reopen with the new experience in 2019.

“The one thing that the history of evolution has taught us is that life finds a way” was famously uttered by Jurassic Park’s Dr. Ian Malcom. In the spirit of this pledge, Universal Studios Hollywood is rallying guests and fans to visit The Entertainment Capital of L.A. as it celebrates this epic ride and prepares for the arrival of the “Jurassic World Ride.”

Plus, in honor of the blockbuster action-adventure that brought dinosaurs out of extinction a quarter century ago, Universal Studios Hollywood in partnership with Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment will host the Jurassic Park 25th Anniversary Celebration on Friday, May 11; Saturday, May 12 and Sunday, May 13. To learn more and to purchase tickets to this highly coveted event, please visit http://www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com/JP25.

Edited by robbalvey

Hopefully, this means that they'll finally fix the animatronics. It's sad seeing them in their current state compared to how they were when the ride first opened.

I have it on good authority, that all the dinos are being replaced by screens, and they are adding water sprays through the ride. As well, they will add 3D glasses and a

virtual queue, with additional screens. Plus, a new Kong screen, for synergy. Since the Kong attraction(s) feature Dinosaurs.

EDIT: To be clear, this is a joke...

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11

I'm honestly conflicted by this. On one hand, it's cool to see the ride getting some love, apparently it was needed. On the other hand, if they remove most of the animatronics in favor of screens I will sue.

In 1996, Universal Studios Hollywood redefined theme park thrill rides with the unprecedented introduction of “Jurassic Park—The Ride,” based on three-time Academy Award®winner Spielberg’s epic film

Edited by robbalvey

I have it on good authority, that all the dinos are being replaced by screens, and they are adding water sprays through the ride. As well, they will add 3D glasses and a

virtual queue, with additional screens. Plus, a new Kong screen, for synergy. Since the Kong attraction(s) feature Dinosaurs.

Are you serious? Pretty soon we will be able to stay at home and just watch everything from our TV and a spray bottle for effect!

I'm honestly conflicted by this. On one hand, it's cool to see the ride getting some love, apparently it was needed. On the other hand, if they remove most of the animatronics in favor of screens I will sue.

In 1996, Universal Studios Hollywood redefined theme park thrill rides with the unprecedented introduction of “Jurassic Park—The Ride,” based on three-time Academy Award®winner I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool and pretend I'm being cool Spielberg’s epic film

^I like how that filter adds onto itself as it gets quoted more

The best consequences are unintended consequences.

no VR headsets? waste!

So they may have been "inspired" by POTC in Shanghai? While I like the fact they are upgrading the rides (make Mummy next!), was kind of hoping for some news on Nintendo World. Would be nice to have a completely new experience in the park.

Any one else a little concerned about how the Jurassic World IP is going to hold up? Jurassic World was a popular film and I know that a sequel is coming out soon but Jurassic World is culturally irrelevant now despite coming out less than 3 years ago and there isn't a ton of hype for the new movie.

I get that Universal is trying to be more modern with this move, but I feel like Jurassic Park was a timeless classic that might never be forgotten while Jurassic World is a franchise that is going to come and go.

In other words, I'm willing to bet that in 15 years the original Jurassic Park is going to be much more well known and relevant than the Jurassic World films will be.

Therefore, I think that this move is definitely going to hurt them in the long haul.

Jurassic World is a sequel/reboot to Jurassic Park, not it’s own franchise. I think it will be fine over the long haul. My only concern is like everyone else, replacing all of the practical effects that make Jurassic Park the ride great and replacing it with screens and CGI effects. Personally I don’t see how they’re going to have the two Dino’s at the end battle without it being screen effects. We will see what happens, but I’m really hoping they go all out and make it entirely practical effects!

i'm not sure if Megatron is your source, but he whispered that to me the other day when i went to talk to him.

Any one else a little concerned about how the Jurassic World IP is going to hold up? Jurassic World was a popular film and I know that a sequel is coming out soon but Jurassic World is culturally irrelevant now...

...I feel like Jurassic Park was a timeless classic that might never be forgotten while Jurassic World is a franchise that is going to come and go.

This is the same franchise. They could call the next one "Jurassic Land" or "Jurassic Walmart" and people would know exactly what franchise these movies are a part of. I don't know by what measure you believe that Jurassic World is already culturally irrelevant, but all evidence is working against whatever you got. The last movie did well, its sequel is ready to roll, old JP characters are returning, Chris Pratt = $ right now, there will be new updates to the ride, etc. If anything, the series has been thoroughly reinvigorated, even if the original movie is still the fan favorite.

It sounds like you just enjoy the first movie the best (as I and a lot of people do), but if you're a fan, be glad that the movies and park attraction are getting TLC. It's not hard to imagine these sequels not happening and USH eventually ripping out the attraction and replacing it with some other concept altogether (hey, Jaws).

I think being immersed in a dino world on a ride will remain popular long term, no matter which movie it's themed after. Every kid learns about dinosaurs in school growing up, and goes to museums to see the fossils and bones. I'd be more concerned about how much interest people will still be showing in Harry Potter in 15 years, than people losing interest in dinosaurs.

It's not hard to imagine these sequels not happening and USH eventually ripping out the attraction and replacing it with some other concept altogether (hey, Jaws).

i still want my Back to the Future, and E.T. the ride back! lol oh, and animatronic King Kong. but that wasn't exactly their decision.

I think being immersed in a dino world on a ride will remain popular long term, no matter which movie it's themed after. Every kid learns about dinosaurs in school growing up, and goes to museums to see the fossils and bones. I'd be more concerned about how much interest people will still be showing in Harry Potter in 15 years, than people losing interest in dinosaurs.

Harry Potter is here to stay. It's the modern equivalent of Star Wars. An entire generation grew up with it.

Harry Potter is here to stay. It's the modern equivalent of Star Wars. An entire generation grew up with it.

That was more of a "there's a better chance of people losing interest in Harry Potter than dinosaurs" comment, I wasn't insinuating that interest in HP is waning. That said, I don't know if I'd consider HP that iconic. I'd put it more on par with Lord of the Rings. Many people have seen it, but there are still a whole lot that haven't.

The Harry Potter movies are the 3rd highest grossing franchise in history behind only Marvel's current cinematic universe and Star Wars. That doesn't even include how many kids read the book. If you are arguing that designing a land based on the assumption that all guests have seen the movies/read the books makes it less enjoyable for someone who is not familiar with the lore, I don't think you'll find anyone on here who disagrees. But the brand itself is a very powerful brand that is not going away in our lifetime.

I haven't seen any of the latest Star Wars movies and it has been probably 20 years since I've seen the original trilogy. I have not read the Harry Potter books and I have only seen one of the movies. Doesn't mean they are not iconic franchises that will forever be part of pop culture history.

I can't understand people who say HP may not have staying power, either. When I first visited HP in Orlando (before USH had theirs), I had neither read the books nor seen the movies. I had no idea what I was looking at. But I was still able to totaly enjoy myself. Great theming is great theming.

I've since now seen all the movies, but still haven't read the books. They're on my to do list one day, really. But that series has tapped into the same "hero's quest" storyline that Star Wars has. It's a Universal story, no pun intended.