TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Vekoma acquired by Sansei Technologies

Unless someone posting on a forum is a primary source and can back it up, I'm so, so not interested in buying into what they're selling. Everyone remembers the good stuff that is happening and no one remembers the bad. Stuff from "reliable people" I know wound up never happening repeatedly, so when it comes to randos on a Disney forum...

And let's be honest here, everything that guy posted was the most obvious common sense crap to take a stab at. I mean, yes, it's probably very likely that Vekoma will be doing the Guardians ride system, but things change at a moments notice ALL THE TIME in this business. Yes, you can easily connect the dots and I don't need some bullshit Disney fansite to come and tell me they are "industry insiders" when they are going to end up being a bunch of Disney geeks with a common sense crystal ball.

Because I can tell you with great certainty (and having worked for Disney for many years) that if you actually know something, YOU DO NOT RISK YOUR JOB TO TELL ANYONE outside of your non-disclosure agreement.

And anyone that tells you otherwise is either lying, doesn't know, or about to get fired.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I can tell you with great certainty (and having worked for Disney for many years) that if you actually know something, YOU DO NOT RISK YOUR JOB TO TELL ANYONE outside of your non-disclosure agreement.

This and nothing but this...otherwise it's all......

Capture.JPG.05aa777dcc13e5a0ba512a9aa0ec1ccf.JPG

Seriously - what happened to patience and simply being excited for the OFFICIAL announcement? You're not cooler in anyone's eyes if you THINK that you know insider secrets in the amusement industry.

I don't think this will affect Vekoma and their products in any way. I would like to compare this to the shipyard industry: Sansei in this case probably is the same as Fincantieri is to the shipyard industry. Fincantieri own many shipyards around the world. Many years ago Fincantieri bought Brattvaag shipyard in Ålesund, Norway. It is now called Vard Brattvåg (Vard is a company in the Fincantieri group). This did not affect the way this shipyard is run and it continued as normal, I guess it's the same with Vekoma here

Seriously - what happened to patience and simply being excited for the OFFICIAL announcement? You're not cooler in anyone's eyes if you THINK that you know insider secrets in the amusement industry.

Let's just wait and see what happens. I cannot predict the future nor can anyone else. I just hope that a lot of great things will be made following Vekoma's new ownership.

Interesting . . . . Vekoma, S&S and the remnants of Arrow . . . all part of the same company now.

Wondering if Sansei will refine such past models like SLC's or old school Arrow Loopers?

Having grown up around Ninja at SFStL, I don't hold much hope for that.

Interesting news, though, not sure what impact it will have, but it has to have some sort of impact.

Wondering if Sansei will refine such past models like SLC's or old school Arrow Loopers?

One could argue that the Suspended Looping Coaster isn't a "past" model because the standard 687 m layout is still being built new, and that the Firestorm / Space Warp / Bermuda Blitz are the "new school" Arrow multi-loopers.

Interesting . . . . Vekoma, S&S and the remnants of Arrow . . . all part of the same company now.

All that means is they will be selling a lot of parts to keep the business running between coaster sales.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a couple of artist impressions showing the train and layout. I love the theming - not sure if this is just conceptual or what will actually appear on Fantawild's versions. I hope they can update their restraints so they're more like Intamin's new lapbars rather than vest restraints. Other than that, I'm loving Vekoma's rebirth at the moment.

30629460_2147555425530700_4799970787614261248_n.jpg.5057bf71c20bb2269caa87282651a842.jpg

30515796_2147555418864034_1518704859681914880_n.jpg.134c05ddcbece4064f85021771a922d5.jpg

Has anyone seen the new “Top Gun” model being designed by Vekoma? It looks great.

It's like Vekoma went to Cedar Point... Rode Maverick... and said... "We can do this!" And this awesome coaster was born!

Vekoma's product of late looks really promising!

I agree 110%!!! Use to I was pretty... "meh" for any Vekoma attraction that WASN'T going to a Disney park. As of late I'm finding myself actually excited for almost all new Vekoma attractions!