Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

P. 24: "Taiga" Intamin launch coaster announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Linnanmäki Discussion Thread

Postby D-86 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:43 pm

SharkTums wrote:Wait a minute...awesome Intamin launched coaster AND it replaces the horrid water boarding death splash coaster!?!?! SUPER WIN! :br :b :br

Don't you DARE to say that from my Vonkaputous! She was a btch yes but gosh I loved it? But still not missing it anymore after Taiga showed up :airtimer:

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:36 am

Linnanmäki has sent us their official press release announcing Taiga, their new Intamin launch coaster!

Something exciting has been brewing at Linnanmäki Amusement Park during the past winter. The amusement park has been posting teasers in the social media implying that “Taiga is in the air”.

It is finally time to announce that a spectacular roller coaster is arriving at Linnanmäki in 2019!

“We are very excited to finally announce that Linnanmäki is making its greatest ride project ever in co-operation with ride manufacturer Intamin. This most unique high-profile launch coaster can be described as a coaster enthusiasts’ dream”, explains Pia Adlivankin, Managing Director of Linnanmäki with great excitement.

This new ride will have a top hat height at 52 meters, Finland’s longest track length of 1104 meters and a furious maximum speed of 106 km per hour. In addition, this new coaster will have two launches and four inversions.

Intamin is a European coaster manufacturer with the largest number of launch coasters in operation all over the world.

”It was an easy choice to select Intamin as our ride provider, since they had the most creative layout suggestion for our challenging terrain. We are truly satisfied with our biggest ride acquisition ever” Anssi Tamminen, Technical Director of Linnanmäki comments on the project.

Linnanmäki expects this ride to be one of the most exciting rides in Europe.

”This coaster will impress everyone. The final layout design phase was a true collaborative effort with Linnanmäki, and we were able to come up with a roller coaster which will set new standards not only in Finland but in the whole Northern Europe and even beyond”, Intamin’s Executive Vice President Sascha Czibulka proudly explains.

This fierce new roller coaster, Taiga, will be launched during the 2019 season.
8e474c47-29e4-4e17-9780-a3c289072d2d-w_960.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby D-86 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:53 pm

All Intamin track experts! Is there a option to park to choose those LSM track models? Like between this original intamin track and the new what have been for example on LSM Soaring With Dragon coaster on china? As I have been thinking this coaster much lately (Finally we got something big and noteable! ) I've tried to think that what would this looked with the other track style? Less supports and maybe clearer outline view maybe? Of course, this also mind blowing and super to have :airtimer:

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:58 pm

Intamin will use whichever track style is necessary to engineer the coaster.

To speculate, I would assume that whomever made the NoLimits simulation knew the difference between the three-rail grid track style and the modern single spine style, and laid out the supports based on that style, but you never know. I would be willing to bet that the NoLimits sim is at least "somewhat" accurate (therefore using the grid style) based on how they seem to have laid out the supports / footers to take that one pathway into consideration. Fun speculation, of course. We'll find out!
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby D-86 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:00 am

More info comes from the summer 2018 press meeting:

Average speed: 63km/h
Biggest drop: 32 meters
Rider height minimum: 140cm tall
Express pass line also will be available.

And FINALLY! VIDEO https://youtu.be/Ukj0IRX9Jkg

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Anac0nda » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:17 am

A new teaser including POV shots was published!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Rill'o'beily » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:29 am

The news article says it'll be the fastest coaster in northern europe which is just really bad fact checking considering wildfire is plenty faster

Also:
- New VR film for Linnunrata
- New restaurants including a sweet & savory waffle place
- Temporary Vekkula replacement until 2021

Postby Anac0nda » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:32 pm

Here's a couple of shots from Taiga construction, taken today at season start:

I Love Donkeys!

Postby D-86 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:34 pm

Nice shots! There's a little photo gap area in the start of Tulireki queue point :airtimer:

Postby Anac0nda » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:09 pm

A very minor update: most of the soil has been removed to reveal the rock beneath, and some formwork has been erected:
Taiga1.jpg
Taiga2.jpg
Taiga3.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!