TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some off-ride footage from yesterday's preview event.

It's a great looking coaster, themed exceptionally well and rides pretty solidly.

Not the most thrilling GCI, but over time the ride will sell itself. No gimmicks needed.

for a statue and a lot of wood? no

Well, what is better then? Saying this is lots of wood and statue is unfair. Even the statue itself is actually neat, but the big part of theming here are the effects too. All together, it works perfectly and I think this indeed is the best themed ride Merlin has.

for a statue and a lot of wood? no

Well, what is better then? Saying this is lots of wood and statue is unfair. Even the statue itself is actually neat, but the big part of theming here are the effects too. All together, it works perfectly and I think this indeed is the best themed ride Merlin has.

Yep and if you look at the walkthrough videos on youtube of the queueline the area in general looks great, sure it's a lot of wood if you look at it like that but the fencing is theme specific, the lighting is theme specific and that is one terrific centerpiece.

Most other merlin coasters only have slight theming in the station or generic queues, and this not only has a themed station and queue but also has theming throughout the ride.

bha, the coaster is trivial (all the curves and that's it)

the scenography is small and nothing and the row surrounds us.

if this is good for you, not for me

why then mammoth in Gardaland what is it?

and a coaster that costs little and is noticeable

No idea what you are going on about, but then most would disagree with your signature, too.

Merlin have themed some coasters very well - Saw, Swarm and Inferno at Thorpe Park are good examples of that. Nemesis, is still subjectively one of the best themed inverts out there. But all some way behind the likes of Taron, Shambhala, and Disney and Universal coasters obviously.

What is refreshing about it is that the theme is generally not 'run down' or 'dilapidated', like a lot of Merlin rides, which can sometimes we used as an excuse not to maintain them. The pre show and station on this ride are stunning, with some of the best theming and effects used since Hex.

if you say so . I see a low-budget theme (as usual with merlin)

the nemesis is not made by Merlin, the saw is good. but like all things done with the famous IP, they MUST be good

the swarm is not a theme, hell is not a theme.

because if they were ..... then phantasmagoric, europe park, efteling: they are stupid to spend a lot of money

Wicker Man = Wodan Timbur Coaster

I seriously can't even wrap my mind around this post. . . I can't figure out for the life of me what you are trying to say...

Okay, I'm gonna try to break this post apart one by one.

if you say so . I see a low-budget theme (as usual with merlin)

I mean, if it looks good and the public enjoys it (and I REALLY enjoy it), then I'd say it's a win-win. Visually appealing and not too much of a dip in the financial department.

the nemesis is not made by Merlin, the saw is good. but like all things done with the famous IP, they MUST be good

I can see what you mean here, actually, but the theming elements that Merlin HAS made in the past based on original concepts (ie Smiler) look great.

the swarm is not a theme, hell is not a theme.

..what?

because if they were ..... then phantasmagoric, europe park, efteling: they are stupid to spend a lot of money

What??

Isn't Wodan considered one of the best GCIs? So this is good? This entire post is so confusing. I just don't get it.

The Wicker Man Off-Ride;

On-Ride;

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

It's an awesome wooden coaster, it's exactly what the UK needs to try and get the general public interested in wooden coasters again. I am going to make a bold prediction here, Thorpe Park GCI woodie in 2020, Blackpool Pleasure Beach GCI woodie in 2021.

Isn't Wodan considered one of the best GCIs? So this is good? This entire post is so confusing. I just don't get it.

Thanks for breaking all of that 'stuff' down. Now go and break it all up, and serve it up as kindling to the WM!