TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Is that basically some sort of cobra roll?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Is that basically some sort of cobra roll?

I think its basically a zero-g-roll, into a turn, into a zero-g-roll.

Okay, I have to admit I don't get that. Sorry.

Its a reverse cobra roll. Don't let the haters get you down.

Did everyone make as much noise about "Step under flip"?

Kinda crazy how the track is suspended on that downward roll. It seems they're leaving the structure open until the crane drives out. It's just trippy to see such a long section of track without any ledgers or supporting structure.

It’s not the first time they’ve done that. I can’t recall specifics, but I do remember seeing this technique being used to construct several other RMCs. There have been some that were really glaringly open!

Does it not fascinate anyone else how they manage to construct these rides around and inside the existing structure? I’m still baffled by how they were able to instal Steel Vengeance’s third lap.

... It's just trippy to see such a long section of track without any ledgers or supporting structure.

goliath-rollercoaster-six-flags-gurnee-illinois.jpg?w=720&quality=85

Goliath does have a truss support structure as opposed to TC currently having just the track itself (in that section).

Yes I remember they did this at the bottom of Lightning Rod's main drop.

sucks, but not unexpected, that they are really pushing the benefits for "members" over Season Pass holders.

I'll stick with my prediction that this is the last year they will offer passes, and move to Memberships only

(as you can tell, I prefer a Season Pass)

Okay, I have to admit I don't get that. Sorry.

Its a reverse cobra roll. Don't let the haters get you down.

Did everyone make as much noise about "Step under flip"?

Step *Up Under Flip and we still make fun of the name to this day whenever we're riding it.

Those pictures are amazing, though. I can't wait to ride this over the summer!

sucks, but not unexpected, that they are really pushing the benefits for "members" over Season Pass holders.

I'll stick with my prediction that this is the last year they will offer passes, and move to Memberships only

Do you just prefer paying all at once? Seems that is the only difference other than what they call it. The new perk of getting to skip one line each time was a nice addition.

Do you just prefer paying all at once? Seems that is the only difference other than what they call it. The new perk of getting to skip one line each time was a nice addition.

I prefer pay up front, and not have it auto-renew, with a pain in the ass cancellation process (assuming you remember to cancel it).

they seem to be taking away Passholder perks and moving them over to Memberships.

I budget for a Season Pass if I'm going to get one, so yeah, rather pay up front, it's good for the season, and if I want to buy one the next year, i will.

I prefer pay up front, and not have it auto-renew, with a pain in the A$$ cancellation process (assuming you remember to cancel it).

they seem to be taking away Passholder perks and moving them over to Memberships.

I budget for a Season Pass if I'm going to get one, so yeah, rather pay up front, it's good for the season, and if I want to buy one the next year, i will.

Same here. I pay once normally during something like the Labor Day sale get a good price and am done for the year.

The thought of paying monthly and now having to pay regular price is not appealing.

Sounds like Bert may be right about SF ditching the season passes. We're in the same boat. We don't like monthly payments or anything nibbling away at our checking account. It feels good to just pay it off and forget it. It's only $70. Even if we only save a few bucks we'll always opt for one payment. Utilities and mortgage aside, we have no petty monthly payments and we would like to keep it that way. This will bother us much more than the average person.

Not many of the Cyclone clones remaining now. Texas Cyclone, Psyclone, White Canyon and Aska have all been demolished. And with Georgia Cyclone now being converted, this only leaves Bandit at Movie Park Germany and Viper SFGAM as the only operating Cyclone clones. In addition to the original of course...

That being said, the new pictures looks fantastic and I have no doubt that this will be one kick-ass ride experience!

Not many of the Cyclone clones remaining now. Texas Cyclone, Psyclone, White Canyon and Aska have all been demolished. And with Georgia Cyclone now being converted, this only leaves Bandit at Movie Park Germany and Viper SFGAM as the only operating Cyclone clones. In addition to the original of course...

That being said, the new pictures looks fantastic and I have no doubt that this will be one kick-ass ride experience!

That's interesting. Is Viper profiled differently? It seemed so much more tolerable than Georgia Cyclone.

Sounds like Bert may be right about SF ditching the season passes. We're in the same boat. We don't like monthly payments or anything nibbling away at our checking account. It feels good to just pay it off and forget it. It's only $70. Even if we only save a few bucks we'll always opt for one payment. Utilities and mortgage aside, we have no petty monthly payments and we would like to keep it that way. This will bother us much more than the average person.

I hope they dont. Guess we’ll find out toward the end of the season when they start marketing 2019 passes. I guess that is one reason that they like memberships. No need to sell again to people every year.

... Even if we only save a few bucks we'll always opt for one payment. Utilities and mortgage aside, we have no petty monthly payments and we would like to keep it that way. This will bother us much more than the average person.

We are right there with you. We don't do monthly payments on anything. (Aside from mortgage and utilities) And we want to keep it that way.

I can see Six Flags reasoning behind pushing for memberships... But I still prefer the old school way of buying a season pass up front and forgetting about it the rest of the year. I visit enough Six Flags parks for a season pass to be worth it... But I don't visit enough Six Flags parks to warrant spending $17 a month on it. I mean, there are months I don't visit SF parks... So why pay for a membership during months it's not being used??

Anywho, sorry to go off on a rant!!

-----------------------------------------------

The turnaround featuring two inversions is looking better and better with each new photo. Can't wait to give this thing a go later this year!