TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Dear Good People of Theme Park Review,

I just removed some pointless bickering from this thread. No one has been banned over it, but please do not let it happen again.

Please restrict your comments to the subject at hand: Six Flags Over Georgia.

Thank you,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Site Moderator

Dear Good People of Theme Park Review,

I just removed some pointless bickering from this thread. No one has been banned over it, but please do not let it happen again.

Please restrict your comments to the subject at hand: Six Flags Over Georgia.

Thank you,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Site Moderator

Thank goodness!!

We still need someone to do this media event on March 9th. If you can make it, please email me ASAP! robbalvey@themeparkreview.com

If you would like to represent TPR for a Great American Scream Machine media event on Friday, March 9th please send an email to robbalvey@themeparkreview.com

Please include:

- Your Full Name

- Your Email Addres

- Your Age

- Links to any social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)

- Your TPR Screen Name

You must be willing to addend the event, take photos & video and do a report on TPR later. We are looking for someone to cover this event ASAP so please email me if you are interested!

Thank you!

I'm quoting my own post from weeks ago since I never got a response. But I'm kinda starting to plan trips for later in the year so... Locals?

I'm starting to get a plan together for later this year and am coming to the conclusion that I'll be visiting sometime AFTER Labor Day. Early September? Early November? Early December? Does the park have a few "down" weekends between Fright Fest and HITP where crowds theoretically shouldn't be as bad? I really don't wanna go during Fright Fest, as while Platinum Flash Pass is an option, I'll most definitely be at the park on a Saturday. How are weekend crowds between Labor Day and the start of Fright Fest? I would really like to check out this parks HITP event since I love Great Advs so much but I'm afraid of the weather factor since I'll be booking a flight, hotel, etc in advance.

I'm not like booking tomorrow so I have time to figure this out, but any thoughts/advice from the locals on this? Taking into consideration crowds/weather potentials, if you were coming out from out of town would you go for early Sept, Nov or Dec? Thanks.

I've narrowed it down to either one of the two weekends AFTER Labor Day or the first weekend in November (after Fright Fest) - are they typically open those November weekends?

The park is open during the weekends of November, but if you want to maximize the time you have at Six Flags, the park is open longer the weekend after Labor Day. The weekend after that, though, the park is only open on Sunday due to a private event. In terms of crowdedness, I wouldn't expect it to be too crazy.

If you decide to go in November, the park will be open on the weekends. Weather wise, it shouldn't be too cold yet. Ride wise, I'm not sure if GASM, Superman, Blue Hawk, SkyScreamer or JLB4M will be open since they close the back of the park for maintenance. Crowd wise, it won't be crowded. People don't realize the park is even open half the time.

If you want to know anything else, let me know. If you want to meet up, grab a beer, and get some rides in, I live roughly 20 minutes from the park, and it'd be great to meet up with some TPR people.

Thanks for that info!

OK so I am currently leaning toward that weekend after Labor Day. I don't want to go in November if there will be a big chunk of the park closed. Not that I'm dying to ride any of that stuff as I rode SS, GASM and Superman on my last visit but would like to compare your JLBFM to ours of course, and I haven't ridden Blue Hawk since it was Kamikaze in Wildwood, as it was getting rehabbed when I was @ SFOG in 2016. Mostly tho a bunch of closed rides can equal longer lines elsewhere. I'd just rather everything be open. Plus I'd imagine the weather in September won't be as much of a gamble.

I'll definitely be visiting on a Saturday, thinking of flying down Saturday morning super early (just like I did last time) or maybe even late Friday night so I can just get right up and go to the park all day Saturday. I'll also be visiting my sister in Athens (prob Sun-Mon/Tues) and she warned me not to come the weekend of Nov 10th due to giant college football games in Athens.

What time does the park typically close on the those mid Sept weekends? I'd love to get some night rides on Goliath and Mindbender again.

I've narrowed it down to either one of the two weekends AFTER Labor Day or the first weekend in November (after Fright Fest) - are they typically open those November weekends?

It has been my experience, over the past 3 years, the weekends after Labor Day the park is annoyingly busy. It has a lot to do with their Labor Day season pass sale. Everyone is excited to get in there and get their passes activated within the first 30 days so they can get their coupons.

November is way better. The weekends between Fright Fest and HHIP the park is a ghost town.

But won't the back area of the park likely be closed in November?

Also, will it matter that its busy if I have Platinum FP? I had it last time on a beautiful busy April Saturday and I had no issues with the crowd, except when waiting for food.

Ah...I forget about the flash pass option all the time. With 4 kids in tow...I have learned over the years the best days to go to avoid the crowds. With a flash pass though you would be fine.

They have been expanding HIIP each year but I don't think this year is the year they are going to include GASM and Blue Hawk.

But won't the back area of the park likely be closed in November?

Last year GASM, Sky Screamer and Blue Hawk were all OPEN weekends in November, before the start of Holiday. I cannot say for sure it will happen that way again this year but it has been that way for the past few years. Weather in November is a mixed bag; could be chilly or summer like. Park is very un-crowded in November, even on the Military Appreciation Day which is typically the weekend closest to Veterans' Day. Lines were short, even for food. One caveat: the park is only open until 6PM on those days.

Holiday begins the weekend before Thanksgiving. The park hours extend until 10pm but that aforementioned section of the park closes for winter maintenance.

If you want to get the most ride time November is best. On the other hand, the weekend after Labor Day the water rides and Hurricane Harbor remain open.

Happy and safe travels!

LOL I kinda agree. It’s like when Maverick came out and a big deal was made about the “twisted horseshoe roll” and all I could think was, it’s just two corkscrews with a turn in between I bet it’ll still be cool though!

LOL I kinda agree. It’s like when Maverick came out and a big deal was made about the “twisted horseshoe roll” and all I could think was, it’s just two corkscrews with a turn in between I bet it’ll still be cool though!

Exactly my thoughts. That's why I think elements like the wave turn and the zero-G stall to be some of RMC's more innovative elements. They were unlike anything else out there.

Exactly my thoughts. That's why I think elements like the wave turn and the zero-G stall to be some of RMC's more innovative elements. They were unlike anything else out there.

I think the wave turn will certainly be awesome!!!!

Does anyone know if Justice League/Superman and Gotham typically open with the park? Or do they open an hour later?

Also, I've never bought a refillable cup before, but since I did Diamond membership, I get free refills all year. I'd rather just get a new disposable paper cup every time, but since I've now got to lug this cup around, I'm not sure what to do with certain rides. I've always gone completely bagless to avoid having to use lockers. I seem to remember goliath not allowing certain things on, even though they have boxes to store your items in the loading platform. What is the actual rule with souvenir cups? I would think Six Flags would want to allow them on rides if they want to sell them.