TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'd love to hear more people's reaction to Melt and what they had when they visited.

It doesn't seem like too many people on here hit it up last year. Not sure if it was due to price, location or both?

We went during the first week of the season, so I was willing to forgive the super slow service. We had the Cleveland Cheese Steak, which tasted fine but had strangely cold meat despite the cheese being perfectly melted and the bread well toasted.

TL;DR I probably wouldn't eat there again.

Then don't go. I don't think they'll miss your business. Every time I go there's a friggin' line so, your just another person not in front of me.

"you're"

and I don't go. . that's kind of the point.

Edited by bert425

As to Melt!

I had the tomato soup (more of a thick paste) and grilled cheese to dip into it.

it was really good, and the qty was quite big for the cost/theme park food.

I went with TBPony, and her Mom, and I think they really liked it too.. . Liz?

I wanted to wait and see if anyone else posted photos before I did to avoid redundancy but since I’ve only seen one I felt hey, why not show off some of my fun SteVen shots from yesterday’s event! They let us get EXTREMELY close to the ride and it made for some awesome photography!

2CC0E30B-3B94-431E-87A4-B0FFF268A58C.thumb.jpeg.62981ab1cb99ca9a911a24526fe93663.jpeg

4077487E-07A9-4E18-A346-C680D47941FA.thumb.jpeg.8a3b1fa61ffa01bd9328128d00415bff.jpeg

49A2F64B-55C0-4188-9CC2-D31B59A3186F.thumb.jpeg.67989b04d0799aad783ad58f4ace57b1.jpeg

B50DBA40-2823-4DCE-8269-927E58584182.thumb.jpeg.582261ffa83f35ec0d1d768bad06b880.jpeg

BE293D5C-CBB7-4F5F-A905-68B0CC191E6F.thumb.jpeg.c1e5ed55b43b3587d52cabbd983aec6a.jpeg

D5953BDB-D714-41C3-A0F4-A9A1C0B336F6.thumb.jpeg.1c326bc5998df9ad34fd7456db68f889.jpeg

E07C0183-6D23-4495-89EE-66055FAB4B51.thumb.jpeg.89738fad012c1baa3ce9cdaf8d5f84ec.jpeg

As you can see, I was pretty excited to be as close to this ride as possible

E24FA106-091F-4D4F-865A-84F8A0451096.thumb.jpeg.6667494a8bf921755c3a44400e98f55c.jpeg

E5B21831-F5C4-4E2E-8A42-DC610D8AB5FB.thumb.jpeg.099bdf3468ae354da21aff41ea4b7987.jpeg

I swear, the more I see of SteVen, the more impressed I am.

As to Melt!

I had the tomato soup (more of a thick paste) and grilled cheese to dip into it.

it was really good, and the qty was quite big for the cost/theme park food.

I went with TBPony, and her Mom, and I think they really liked it too.. . Liz?

Good to hear, planning on hitting that up in June.

In all seriousness, I've been waiting for this forever.

I'm still waiting for a gourmet Mac n Cheese bowl place...

From that same article though, they're changing their marketing slogan to "A place like no other." Definitely an interesting choice. I much prefer the "America's Rockin' Roller Coast.

They do have a Mack and cheese place. It's right under the north skyride station(near coasters dinner).

Here is a review of it...

http://cpfoodblog.com/review-cedar-point-sky-ride-refreshments-pulled-pork-mac-and-cheese/

I've eaten there several times last year and it was good. A nice change of pace and on the meal plan. That's important to me.. Topping choices were good and good quantity.

Edited by coasternut

I'd love to hear more people's reaction to Melt and what they had when they visited.

It doesn't seem like too many people on here hit it up last year. Not sure if it was due to price, location or both?

Not on the meal plan, so it's out. I don't want "sit down dining." I'm there for the rides.

I went to MELT during Halloweekends but unfortunately they were running a limited menu. The food was decent, but also very heavy. Very reasonable $$$ for the amount of food.

I did decide to try out the Platinum meal plan this year, so I doubt I'll be back unless it's for an alcoholic drink. (though it sounds like there will be more options outside of melt this year 8)) -- it looks like there will be better food options overall thanks to the overhaul of Frontier Town, in addition to the mysterious boardwalk.

Hopefully they can resolve the staffing issues at Melt, but I would imagine its popularity given that A). It was new B). It is the only place inside the park that has a full bar.

Interesting to hear that for the most part that it has been pretty well received and that the prices aren't too insane. While I thought that the one we visited in Cleveland was good, I felt that the bread that they use is perhaps just a bit too thick. Not sure if they use the same bread on all sandwiches, but I would prefer a thinner slice as long as it's not attempting to support like two pounds of meat and cheese!

Oh...and thanks to Steve for the photos - way to represent Western NY (and the Bills) by attending the Winter Chill Out event! Looks like it would have been a lot of fun. Hope to see more photos soon!

And that drop on SV - holy freaking sheeeet, that looks more and more INSANE every time I see a different angle of it!!!!

Oh...and thanks to Steve for the photos - way to represent Western NY (and the Bills) by attending the Winter Chill Out event! Looks like it would have been a lot of fun. Hope to see more photos soon!

Thanks for the compliment! I’m always a big fan of showing some BuffaLove when I’m out and about! Just as I’m always showing my Cedar Point love when I’m at home! I’ll post some more chill out pictures soon, despite the slight rain, the park looked very nice and as always it was great go get a look at the maintenance shops to see where the coasters all go to be taken apart and put back together in the off season!

te]

would be nice if they put in a dark ride there, but if they want to stick with the boardwalk theming, I could absolutely see them moving some of the carnival type games over there, and then dropping in a flat (or maybe dark ride) across from MaxAir, where they pulled the games from.

A dark ride would be cool, but I would hope it would be placed somewhere away from the natural scenery of the beach. It might be a disaster... to the beach front atmosphere.

Maybe I missed it in the post, but are all of these changes (specifically the beach front bar) supposed to be completed by the time the park opens, or at least by May?

Steel Vengeance looks pretty awesome. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I wonder if it might have the I305 affect. Meaning it will be an incredible coaster, but maybe a little too much for some to ride more than once or twice a day. I remember I305 being incredibly fun, but it kicked my ass a little too much and prevented me from wanting to ride it too much. Same thing with Storm Chaser, or at least the back half.

I wanted to wait and see if anyone else posted photos before I did to avoid redundancy but since I’ve only seen one I felt hey, why not show off some of my fun SteVen shots from yesterday’s event! They let us get EXTREMELY close to the ride and it made for some awesome photography!

Those are some fantastic shots of Steel Vengeance! I'm really looking forward to see some video of this thing in action, not to mention how jealous I am of everyone who will be riding this beast this year!

I was trying to find the link to the newest commercial referenced above and came across these gems...

You can see that they really touted the beach and Lake Erie back in the day.

And check out the shots of Oceana's old dolphin show!

I actually remember seeing this one!

Edited by Philrad71

I was trying to find the link to the newest commercial referenced above and came across this gem...

You can see that they really touted the beach and Lake Erie back in the day.

And check out the shots of Oceana's old dolphin show!

[/quote

I was living up there then. Wow their big coaster they were promoting was Gemini. It also had several shots of Blue Streak -- my fav. Boy have times changed...

Steel Vengeance looks pretty awesome. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I wonder if it might have the I305 affect. Meaning it will be an incredible coaster, but maybe a little too much for some to ride more than once or twice a day. I remember I305 being incredibly fun, but it kicked my A$$ a little too much and prevented me from wanting to ride it too much. Same thing with Storm Chaser, or at least the back half.

Might be the only factor keeping the lines from being astronomical.

CP probably won't need a "no re-rides" rule to prevent people from getting too dizzy from riding over and over.

Steel Vengeance looks pretty awesome. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I wonder if it might have the I305 affect. Meaning it will be an incredible coaster, but maybe a little too much for some to ride more than once or twice a day. I remember I305 being incredibly fun, but it kicked my A$$ a little too much and prevented me from wanting to ride it too much. Same thing with Storm Chaser, or at least the back half.

Might be the only factor keeping the lines from being astronomical.

CP probably won't need a "no re-rides" rule to prevent people from getting too dizzy from riding over and over.

The only ride I've encountered with that sign/rule was Son of Beast

^I thought the same thing. It looks really neat in a sinister kind of way.

Seriously? I didn't even know that was a real thing. Luckily, if people get too dizzy on Steel Vengeance they will have to wait in an hour line before they ride it again. (on slow days)

SV looks so stupid good. I literally won't tire of looking at pictures of it either! It looks so good in those pictures, and it's such a dreary (albeit normal for this time of year) looking day. I love the sections that have 3 track sections side by side. Those positive camber air time hills too - ugggghhhhhhhh. Is it May yet?!?!??!

^I thought the same thing. It looks really neat in a sinister kind of way.

Seriously? I didn't even know that was a real thing. Luckily, if people get too dizzy on Steel Vengeance they will have to wait in an hour line before they ride it again. (on slow days)

When Paramount had the "Two Times Tuesday" rides for Gold Passers Son of Beast had it for a minute, but then it was taken away.

Looks like I am actually getting a Platinum pass this year. Kings Island is my home park but we will have at least 4 days at Cedar Point this summer and one day at Carowinds. I am going to give my ticket + Fast Lane plus tickets to my boss to use.

Anyway cannot wait to get back.

Chick Fil A in parks is still dumb to me but whatever it must be working out.

Edit: I remember the two ride Tuesday deal as well. If i remember right it only worked for the middle of the train on the rides it was for and was only maybe 4-8 rows