TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

I plan on adding an extra day to our DC trip and hitting BGW. My family of 5 is really looking forward to this. We'll be there on March 30 or 31, a Friday or Saturday -

Spring Break and Easter weekend. My question, is one day enough to hit everything? Since we're coming from the middle of the country, this might be a one and done trip for us. We don't want to miss anything. Also, does BGW offer a fastpass? There is no mention of it on the website. And if they do have a fastpass, is it unlimited? Thanks.

They appear to have removed the page, probably because they need to remove Darkastle and update it and such.

Luckily BGTLOVER has you covered on his Aug 21st post. Here is the screenshot:

bd79a6621f8cc52c1d1a352d9b612aaa.jpg

Obviously subject to change with the new season.

Here is the link to the broken page:

https://seaworldparks.com/Parks/BuschGardens_Williamsburg/Home/Mobile%20Book%20Online/Tickets/UpgradeYourVisit/QuickQueue?m=1

Didn't see this posted, sorry if I missed it...

BGW announced yesterday that David Cromwell is leaving BGW to pursue an interest with a sports franchise. BGW appointed Kevin Lembke as the new President, BGW & WC.

Article here:

https://wydaily.com/latest-news/2018/01/25/busch-gardens-under-new-leadership-kevin-lembke-named-president/

Abandoning ship (Sea World)?

They appear to have removed the page, probably because they need to remove Darkastle and update it and such.

Luckily BGTLOVER has you covered on his Aug 21st post. Here is the screenshot:

bd79a6621f8cc52c1d1a352d9b612aaa.jpg

Obviously subject to change with the new season.

Here is the link to the broken page:

https://seaworldparks.com/Parks/BuschGardens_Williamsburg/Home/Mobile%20Book%20Online/Tickets/UpgradeYourVisit/QuickQueue?m=1

I get why Tempesto and InvadR are part of the Plus option and Mach Tower is a newer ride as well, but why is Loch Ness Monster on there? I've never seen Nessie with a wait.

^^ re: loch ness.... much like Gatekeeper being at the front of the park and having smaller lines in the afternoon / evening, I'd assume the quick queue builds up quickly in the mornings and it's to help spread out ridership since it's the first ride you walk into at the park. Re-rides would make it just a little bit longer if everyone makes it their "first ride". Just a guess, though.

hi everyone! this is my first time posting on TPR, i've been reading for quite some time but never had the gall to make my own input ^^

i read over everyone's thoughts on the closing of darkastle, and im glad that most of you agree that it is a shame and disappointing it was closing. when i found out it was turning into the christmas workshop back in december, i had a bad feeling that something else was going to happen to it. for me personally, this closing is really sad as darkastle was one of the first rides i rode at BGW and brings back good memories. i will admit, after seeing it so many times it's like watching a movie that you know almost all the words to, but it was still so fun to ride! (i am a huge fan of werewolves!!! )

the one thing i wanted to mention was that to all the people who are planning on going over the summer during the food and wine festival, be prepared to spend a lot money if you want to try the foods! almost every dish and drink costs around 5$, but they give you very small amounts. my favorite stand personally was the hawaiian one in ireland. the lines on those days can become a bit of a drag (especially at invadr and verbolten) but you can almost always find time to ride every coaster in the park in one day.

I'm a longtime premium passholder. I've been locked in at $11.00/month for years, which was quite a bargain. I'm not sure if my old pass is affected by blackout dates (they're a bit vague on that point).

Checking prices online a single day admission is currently selling for $90/ea. Or $360 for a family of four to go to the park for one day just in admissions.

I wonder how many families will jump on buying one membership for the family and use the 3 free tickets and just go one day saving them over $120 when you factor in parking, in park discounts, etc. I guess at that point the strategy is that it's better to get 4 people through the gates once instead of not at all. hmmm...

Still an interesting new pricing structure and if I lived close enough to make this worth it I'd probably jump on it. Blackout dates usually don't bother me because they're almost always dates I would avoid the park anyways.

^ not sure of the restrictions for the membership, but i *think* previously for season passes the free tickets were valid for different periods (ie: one in spring, one in fall, etc). Not sure how that will work now.

Also once we get closer to season start they will definitely offer better deals on 1 day tickets, whether it's including dining or offering a bigger discount. At least I would hope so... >.< -- that's pretty steep.

Hi everyone, just a quick question regarding crowds. I'll be in Virginia on a mini trip on the weekend of April 20th-22nd. We'll be at BGW Friday the 20th all day. The park is only open till 8 so we are thinking that they aren't expecting much in the way of crowds but I wanted to see what regulars thought. Thanks!

^^-- Looking at the above blockout days chart, there are no blockouts that weekend so management is expecting the whole weekend to be light. I don't think I've ever gone there on a Friday but general experience says that can't be beat.

^ not sure of the restrictions for the membership, but i *think* previously for season passes the free tickets were valid for different periods (ie: one in spring, one in fall, etc). Not sure how that will work now.

Also once we get closer to season start they will definitely offer better deals on 1 day tickets, whether it's including dining or offering a bigger discount. At least I would hope so... >.< -- that's pretty steep.

That makes more sense, thank you.

Saw in another thread that BGT went up to over $100/day for a single day admission with no Florida Resident discount currently being offered. With the latest round of Disney price hikes and the trouble Busch/Sea World have been in now might be a good time for a price reduction, even if it was say $5/ticket or so.

I'm a longtime premium passholder. I've been locked in at $11.00/month for years, which was quite a bargain. I'm not sure if my old pass is affected by blackout dates (they're a bit vague on that point).

I still have the $11.00 a month pass and agree it is still quite the deal. The only answer I have seen is that it will stay the same for at least 2018.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still cautious about the fact that they're adding VR to the same motion platform experience that has been there for years... I'm curious to see how the experience turns out and how long it will last. That venue (and its sister attraction at Busch Gardens Tampa) have had a history of short-lived attractions coming and going.

hmmm. . .

can't wait to check it out. Not that "into" the theme as proposed, but always willing to give it a shot before deciding.

(and lord knows, it can't be worse than Europe in the Air was)