TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dumbest things said on TPR

Hercules

Sorry - I just had to...

People like you who say garbage like this are why I'm so glad Trump won. It's good to rattle the cages from time to time. Plus, really? Consider the alternative. That bitch is batshit crazy. At least our President now has balls, which is not something I can say our Presidents have had in a very long time. And he deals with f**king morons like you every day, and still goes out there to stand up for what he believes is best for the country anyway. America Strong!

This is the same idiot that sent me this lovely email:

1515035540_ScreenShot2017-10-22at19_23_06.png.c8fc8f5d9cd62123f6ffcbd06265fa9c.png

They of course are not with us anymore...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ OMG...just wow.

I had read a couple of other posts from that same person and wondered how long they would last on TPR. Didn't want to make a scene, but I admit that I was little overwhelmed & upset by that person's response over in the CP thread.

But that message...takes absurdity to a whole different level. SMH.

This member's reasoning for why Grizzly River Run at DCA should be replaced:

^ I for one hate rapids rides. I don't find them fun at all. For one thing no one ever goes river rafting in a round boat. Maybe if the boats were a more realistic design it would be different. But that's just me.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I was wondering about that because they are advertising it as "hanging for two seconds before plunging into a 150 foot a beyond vertical drop". But looking at the various renderings, the top section with the angled 'drop brake' looks to take up about a third of the tower's height. Then you have the part at the bottom where the track curves and levels out. That appears to be another fifty feet. Now I know they always include the bottom part in the drop height, but would they really include the brake in the drop height as well? In order for the drop, including the bottom curve, to be 150 feet then the entire structure would have to be closer to 200 feet. I really hope the tower isn't 150 because that means the actual vertical part drop will only be around 50 feet. Meh.

Drink up, gentlemen.

Now, I'm just plain happy that Darien Lake getting a new coaster even if it's a modified clone of another roller coaster. I'll miss Thunder Rapids, Shipwreck Falls is a better flume ride than little old Thunder Rapids.

I just hope that Darien Lake puts Tantrum in where 'Cuda Falls was, but that's just my speculation. If they do put it there maybe they can use the old Barracuda Bay entrance house for Tantrum's que line.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"I'm not an engineer or a city planner, but I've got a username on an Internet forum, so that makes me an expert!"

So the big question is are we looking at a 2019 or 2020 coaster...?! Anyone well versed in how these permits work? It has been filed effective Jan 12, 2018- Jan 11, 2020. Any engineers / city planners out there that can chime in?

The permit has been approved and ends on January 2020. This would tell us the coaster is most likely 2019 as for safety against breaking contract due to delays it would have been prolonged if it was a 2020 coaster. January 2020 is the latest Cedar Fair has to do what they need to do, fix anything, and re open the river back up to it's regular flow. This for sure tells us 2019 is the year the coaster will open as this also includes landscaing such as tree's and flowers along the river in the report so that's why your're seeing a later date.

Another note is, if you check out my Youtube channel, from my drone footage you can see construction has well started off thus telling us it's probably 2019 as well as coasters don't take this long to build. 1 year 5 months is a long time to build a coaster especially since this construction team is moving very, very quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

Not for the content, but because it's really unsafe to use a keyboard that lacks a functioning period button:

Has anyone heard if they are doing fireworks this year cause the spot that they shot them from in previous years is now being excavated for 2019 do you think this will an off year for them or could they just shoot them from the original spot up on the next to Wild Eagle by the way I’ve always seen the spot next to Wild Eagle near the entrance to Mountain Slidewinder to an area for an Owens Farm expansion with a small flat ride

was waiting for this one, but no one picked it up, so I'll bite the bullet:

This idea that they add yet another, third, track to Midway Mania seems really silly to me. The reason the ride is so popular is because there's nothing else to do at the park. Once Toy Story land and Galaxy's Edge open, with a few more rides, over time you're going to see this need for a third track diminish. I suppose it will help eat up people after Star Wars opens and a TON more people come to the park. Maybe dump some more money into NEW experiences.

• 2 weeks later...
Lucid Caster wrote:

You know what? I'm doing to stop debating. I detect a mishap in communication here. Your sense of humor comes of as insulting. I guess you are a bunch of DANK old men. That isn't what i expected, so just know that any DANK comments I make, will sound similar to yours. That of a DANK troll. I will continue to be DANK and you will know that it is JusTaJokes. Doesn't that sound nice? never knew i would find DANKERS here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So if Ohio has such strict amusement laws, why keep building rides there? Cedar Point is going to lose the patronage of families eventually if they keep installing rides that aren't inclusive to the whole family.

Any chance they have made this height restriction partly to cut down the length of the line for the ride? It's surely going to be running near or at capacity with either height restriction with ridiculous wait times.

... Some people in the CP thread love and respect the park for what it is and offer really good advice....and then there are the coasterboys....

Sounds like every thread/park though really. There are a LOT of people who provide REALLY good advice... but there will always be the coasterboys...