Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1052 - A night at Christmas Town
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby sereniv » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:40 pm

hi everyone! this is my first time posting on TPR, i've been reading for quite some time but never had the gall to make my own input ^^

i read over everyone's thoughts on the closing of darkastle, and im glad that most of you agree that it is a shame and disappointing it was closing. when i found out it was turning into the christmas workshop back in december, i had a bad feeling that something else was going to happen to it. for me personally, this closing is really sad as darkastle was one of the first rides i rode at BGW and brings back good memories. i will admit, after seeing it so many times it's like watching a movie that you know almost all the words to, but it was still so fun to ride! (i am a huge fan of werewolves!!! :D)

the one thing i wanted to mention was that to all the people who are planning on going over the summer during the food and wine festival, be prepared to spend a lot money if you want to try the foods! almost every dish and drink costs around 5$, but they give you very small amounts. my favorite stand personally was the hawaiian one in ireland. :) the lines on those days can become a bit of a drag (especially at invadr and verbolten) but you can almost always find time to ride every coaster in the park in one day.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby VACoasterdude » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:01 am

BGW has posted the information about Memberships on their Website.

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 11.57.48 AM.png
https://buschgardens.com/williamsburg/annual-pass/

Annual Passes are gone, and there is no Membership to just BGW! The Basic Membership has Blackout dates, which probably means most Saturdays June - August, October and December are blacked out!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bgtlover » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:38 am

Basic Membership Blockout Calendars

BGW:
BGW Blockout Basic Membership.JPG

Water Country USA:
Water Country Blockout Basic.JPG

If you have a Basic Membership, you are able to attend the park on Blockout dates for $25, purchasable at the park on day of visit (located under Membership Faq).
Go on Blockout Day.JPG
Coaster Count: 128
Top 10:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser
6-Mako...7-Montu...8-Kraken...9-Diamondback...10-Twisted Cyclone

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:07 am

I'm a longtime premium passholder. I've been locked in at $11.00/month for years, which was quite a bargain. I'm not sure if my old pass is affected by blackout dates (they're a bit vague on that point).

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby WolfBobs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:53 am

Checking prices online a single day admission is currently selling for $90/ea. Or $360 for a family of four to go to the park for one day just in admissions.

I wonder how many families will jump on buying one membership for the family and use the 3 free tickets and just go one day saving them over $120 when you factor in parking, in park discounts, etc. I guess at that point the strategy is that it's better to get 4 people through the gates once instead of not at all. hmmm...

Still an interesting new pricing structure and if I lived close enough to make this worth it I'd probably jump on it. Blackout dates usually don't bother me because they're almost always dates I would avoid the park anyways.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:05 am

^ not sure of the restrictions for the membership, but i *think* previously for season passes the free tickets were valid for different periods (ie: one in spring, one in fall, etc). Not sure how that will work now.

Also once we get closer to season start they will definitely offer better deals on 1 day tickets, whether it's including dining or offering a bigger discount. At least I would hope so... >.< -- that's pretty steep.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby bluestreak » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:09 am

Hi everyone, just a quick question regarding crowds. I'll be in Virginia on a mini trip on the weekend of April 20th-22nd. We'll be at BGW Friday the 20th all day. The park is only open till 8 so we are thinking that they aren't expecting much in the way of crowds but I wanted to see what regulars thought. Thanks!
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bill_s » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:34 am

^^-- Looking at the above blockout days chart, there are no blockouts that weekend so management is expecting the whole weekend to be light. ;) I don't think I've ever gone there on a Friday but general experience says that can't be beat.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby WolfBobs » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:42 am

anonymouscactus wrote:^ not sure of the restrictions for the membership, but i *think* previously for season passes the free tickets were valid for different periods (ie: one in spring, one in fall, etc). Not sure how that will work now.

Also once we get closer to season start they will definitely offer better deals on 1 day tickets, whether it's including dining or offering a bigger discount. At least I would hope so... >.< -- that's pretty steep.

That makes more sense, thank you.

Saw in another thread that BGT went up to over $100/day for a single day admission with no Florida Resident discount currently being offered. With the latest round of Disney price hikes and the trouble Busch/Sea World have been in now might be a good time for a price reduction, even if it was say $5/ticket or so.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby esvadj » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:26 am

cfc wrote:I'm a longtime premium passholder. I've been locked in at $11.00/month for years, which was quite a bargain. I'm not sure if my old pass is affected by blackout dates (they're a bit vague on that point).

I still have the $11.00 a month pass and agree it is still quite the deal. The only answer I have seen is that it will stay the same for at least 2018.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!