3 Week Japan Trip with 19 Parks and 70 Coaster (LAST UPDATE)

Part 4: another 75 photos of Himeji Parks and DisneyTokyo
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby captain » Sun May 21, 2006 3:26 pm

@chris

Yeah, the Sakura season is amazing.

We tried the busy Ueno Park in Tokyo and the Maruyama Park in Kyoto, both on weekends. This great friendly festival feeling was amazing. We loved the different food stalls and ate so many varieties of food - unbelievable. One of the best issues eating at this kind of festivals is that our evening "diner" was so cheap and good.

Will def. comeback for another Sakura experience

Greetinx

Andy

the last Part IV will follow tomorrow....
PICT0644.jpg
Marayuma Park in Kyoto for a evening experience....
PICT0646.jpg
in food tasting at the food stalls
PICT0084.jpg
food stalls at Tokyo`s Ueno Park
:P Munich loves coasters - www.coasterfriends.com :P

Part IV

Postby captain » Mon May 22, 2006 5:17 pm

Part 4:

Central Park Himeji
Our trip to Himeji started with a short walk to the fantastic looking Himeji Castle. After this sightseeing part we took a 30 minutes bus ride to the Central Park. This park has two different parts, the Drive-through safari park and the amusement park. There are four credits to explore. A B&M Inverted called Diavlo, which is pretty nice. A kiddie coaster; Labyrinth, a kind of mine train with a classic steel layout and jet coaster, another boring “scenic railway” coaster.
They didn`t offer much more in this park (two or three flat rides, no dark-rides). We think this park was the biggest dissapointment of the whole trip! It was so boring that we took the bus back to Himeji after one hour.

Tegarayama Park Himeji
This was a little addition to our trip, because the Central Park was so lame and this small park is so easy to reach from the main train station. Tegarayama is a real small kiddie park, with three credits, all are very interesting. Normally I don`t like such small parks, but this park is really nice because they don`t charge any entrance fee and the rides are unbelievable cheap. So it´s more a big playground with some rides. The first coaster goes around a big swimming pool (it wasn`t open at this time of season) so it`s really strange just to do a big circle with a coaster. The second coaster is a kind of wild mouse, but it`s very special and is really funny.
The last “coaster” ist not really a coaster, I can`t describe it just look at the photos below.
Overall worth to spend one hour in this small park.

Tokyo Disney Resort
Another 8 days of our trip ended and we took the Shinkansen again back to Tokyo to go straight to Tokyo Disney Resort. We really looked forward to visit the Tokyo Disney Resort for a lot of years. We decided to stay directly in one of there two hotels, and we chose Disney´s Miracosta Hotel. Oh boy, this hotel is so amazing and so beautiful that is really worth the extra money. The best part is, that the hotel lift is going straight into the park. The rooms are really big, the lobby is beautiful and the restaurants offering world class architecture and design. We stayed three nights and so we had a lot of time to explore the whole Resort.

DisneySea
We started off at Disney Sea. We heard so much about this park in Tokyo and we`re really were afraid if it can stand the big expectations we had. But it could!
This park is by far the most themed park in the world. Every detail is perfectly themed like in no other park. The Italian part of DisneySea looks absolutely like a lot of Italian cities – No - DisneySea looks much better than the originals. The ArabianCoast looks so good you think to stay somewhere in Marakesh (okay all the noisy salesmen are not there!). American Waterfront looks like you always imagined this Hollywood style of harbour somewhere in the 20s. Okay enough about theming, what about the attractions? This is the only thing what is “lacking” a bit at TokyoDisneySea and for me the main reason that it is not my number one Themepark in the world (don`t understand me wrong DisneySea is not Number One but definetly Top Ten). They`ve the Californian Indy (in a big Maya pyramide) and the DisneyParis Indy coaster, here it is called Raging Spirits (but it looks better). They`ve some kind of “It`s a small world” boat ride, called Sindbad with the greatest animatronics worldwide. They`ve two unique Dark-Rides: Journey to the center of the earth (using the Test-Track system, this ride is very famous worldwide but I`ve to say that the ride is a bit to short and the “wild part” a bit to uninteresting) and the other is 20.000 Leagues under the Sea. I haven`t heard much about the ride and so I was blown away from this amazing ride. I would rate it as one of the best dark-rides worldwide. Besides some more real good attractions (f.ex. the 4-D theatre for Stormchaser is real good, Aquatopia real interesting....), DisneySea also offers some great shows and of course the colorful Water Carnival (in its last season) and the great evening event BraviSEAmo (kind of Illuminations style). What they really need are some more rides. In the next month they`ll get the Tower of Terror (this DisneySea Tower is the most beautiful one), and so they`ll offer another major attraction. If they would add one or two more great attractions (something with water?) in the next years this park will change from the best looking park in the world to simply the best overall park in the world.

Tokyo Disneyland
I don`t have to say a lot about this themepark, because all of you guys do more visits to Disneyland California or Florida than I do. I just say some words about the main differents: The main street has a roof (this makes a shopping-mall feeling and we hate this), Japanese people like to line-up for everything and especially parades. Winnie the Pooh`s Hunny Hunt is really the best kiddie dark-Ride in the world. We liked there Space Mountain layout very much (one of the smoothest enclosed coasters) and the diner or lunch Shows are really great (but you`ve to book it in advance!). After 3pm a lot of school classes are in this park and its get even more crowded.

After exactly 3 weeks our Japan Trip came to an end. It was such an amazing trip with so many parks, so many sightseeing, so many friendly people and so much impressions.
We can recommend anyone to visit Japan. Here we are in a coaster forum but our advice is to take some more time and to explore some of the major temples because they are outstanding (like temples of Nikko, Kyomizudera and other temples at Kyoto, the Island of Miyajima).
We definitely will come back in the next years to see some more parks we couldn`t manage to see (Kyushu area, Parque Espana and so on). But first we`ve to top the “70 coaster credit holiday” with some other tours like a big East Coast / Mid West US Tour in 2007 with much more coaster.
At the end of my TR I would like to apologize for my bad english and all the mistakes but writing such a long TR isn`t that easy for a bavarian guy!
If you got further questions in the future you can visit us at www.coasterfriends.com
PICT1031.jpg
we started our Himeji day with sightseeing...
PICT1033.jpg
the most beautiful castle in Japan
PICT1037.jpg
Himeji Central Park...
PICT1043.jpg
...a big dissapointment!
PICT1038.jpg
Labyrinth, not very good...
PICT1042.jpg
the B&M Inverted was the only thing that was good at this park
PICT1044.jpg
another Labyrinth shot
PICT1045.jpg
Tegarayama Park Entrance
PICT1049.jpg
map of the park
PICT1047.jpg
the orange track is the Jet Coaster, which goes around the big swimming pool
PICT1051.jpg
the park is on two levels...
PICT1053.jpg
the nice, but old mouse coaster
PICT1054.jpg
one person per car
PICT1056.jpg
way to big for this one
PICT1057.jpg
this is a weird coaster...
PICT1058.jpg
you remember - cherry tree blossom

Postby captain » Mon May 22, 2006 5:37 pm

Disney Time
PICT0655.jpg
the Disney Monorail
PICT0301.jpg
4 days of Tokyo Disney Fun!
PICT0302.jpg
DisneySea Entrance Plaza
PICT0646.jpg
Disney`s Hotel Miracosta
PICT0639.jpg
lobby shot
PICT0648.jpg
the way to your room...
PICT0653.jpg
the outside side of the hotel
PICT0334.jpg
the inside park view of the hotel (which is the background for the italian theming on the big lagoon)
PICT0312.jpg
the other side of the lagoon
PICT0324.jpg
PICT0333.jpg
PICT0342.jpg
Mysterious Island
PICT0344.jpg
Mermaid Lagoon
PICT0349.jpg
Flying Fish Coaster
PICT0356.jpg
Arabian Coast
PICT0358.jpg
PICT0359.jpg
PICT0368.jpg
I was a bit to quick for the photo...
PICT0371.jpg
PICT0374.jpg
Lost River Delta
PICT0379.jpg
PICT0383.jpg
Raging Spirits
PICT0388.jpg
in this pyramide is the Indy Ride (California Version)
PICT0391.jpg
PICT0397.jpg
one for Elissa...
PICT0398.jpg
Aquatopia
PICT0401.jpg
PICT0404.jpg
American Waterfront
PICT0408.jpg
what a big, big ship
PICT0410.jpg
Tower of Terror, so beautiful
PICT0417.jpg
a Sailorshow infront the big ship
PICT0426.jpg
another American Waterfront

Postby captain » Mon May 22, 2006 5:50 pm

Disney Time Part II
PICT0440.jpg
Venice
PICT0448.jpg
Raging Spirits again
PICT0449.jpg
PICT0462.jpg
BraviSeamo - great show!
PICT0466.jpg
Welcome to Tokyo Disneyland - Special Stich Days were going on
PICT0468.jpg
did I say that I hate this roof?
PICT0471.jpg
fantastic Pooh!
PICT0473.jpg
mickey shaped waffles!
PICT0476.jpg
New Orleans Square
PICT0498.jpg
the great Stitch Parade
PICT0518.jpg
Secondbest BTM (after the Paris Version)
PICT0523.jpg
PICT0524.jpg
Splash Mountain
PICT0529.jpg
how cute is this mountain?
PICT0559.jpg
the parade is so much bigger than anyone else in the world!
PICT0565.jpg
PICT0607.jpg
a lot of Japanese couples are looking like this one (WTF are they wearing in a themepark?)
PICT0609.jpg
biggest attraction
PICT0616.jpg
nice Toontown
PICT0625.jpg
Hello, I want Toontown in Paris
PICT0626.jpg
thr Gadget Coaster
PICT0657.jpg
PICT0658.jpg
PICT0668.jpg
this Polynesian Luau Show is really good...
PICT0674.jpg
I think Elissa would like it!
PICT0395.jpg
that`s it from Andrea & Andy - maybe see you in some parks soon! Japan we miss you.....

The Smiley Face Pizza

Postby Luxo » Mon May 22, 2006 6:31 pm

Mmm...Tokyo DisneySea...*drool*

Awesome photos of some awesome parks, looks like you guys had a great time!

My That's A Big Drink!

Postby rollermonkey » Mon May 22, 2006 7:42 pm

I missed out on the smaller Himeji park. I didn't know they had a coaster similar to 'Slope Shooter'. That is one of those that is on the edge of the definition!

DisneySea, I will have to stop seeing you soon...
:cry:

6FGAm just won't be good enough.

Thanks for the pictures, Captain!
It's aways nice to see someone elses' perspective, and the parks looked so great with all the cherry blossoms!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon May 22, 2006 8:37 pm

Awww you got to see Mad Scientist Aquatopia Chip!!!!!

I never got to see him!!!

Awesome TR!!! Glad to see you loved Japan as much as we did!

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Mon May 22, 2006 8:41 pm

Awesome photos... makes me want to go to TDS so badly for Journey and Indy.
-Sean C.

FORMER DISNEYLAND ATTRACTION OP

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby MARK » Mon May 22, 2006 11:51 pm

I can't get over how insane DisneySea's theming is!

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Tue May 23, 2006 6:46 am

Wow, you guys really know how to have fun at a park! Great Photo TR, it makes me want to go to a Disney park really bad.
---Brent =)
Disobey

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive