TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR Coaster Poll" Thread!

SFSL not here either? hmmm

just a thought

Kevin

I'll add that to my list to add. I literally spent a night "Traveling" on RCDB from one major park to the next, so it wasn't super thorough. But I'll be fixing it as I can.

thanks for the feedback

Kevin

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the website in general, and it seems pretty intuitive.

Things I found so far:

Clicking the park name after searching for it's coasters gives you a 404. Or at least the kings dominion and the great adventure links I tried did.

on the home page "ridden" is spelled wrong, not a bug just figured I'd mention it.

coaster.thumb.PNG.b6499dfa2171a74289eb4f9ddd12e04f.PNG

it had 14 of the 19 parks we visited last year but didn't see Waldermeer, Dutch Wonderland, Quazzy, and a few of the other small parks we hit

I think as stated in the original post that not all parks and coasters will be included. To be completely fair and honest, I don't think coasters from any of those three parks would ever crack a top 30 list. Obviously you could push for Waldameer more than the other two for the quality wood coaster, but when was the last time Ravine Flyer II was even in a top 20 list?

Wonderful!

(hehe.. you don't list "Pipe Scream".. .LOL, CP considers it a coaster per the T-shirts. . . kidding, kidding).

tho, you likely do want to list the two kiddies: Woodstock Express & Wilderness Run (which thanks to Coastermania last year, I actually have ridden).

looks great thus far tho!

it had 14 of the 19 parks we visited last year but didn't see Waldermeer, Dutch Wonderland, Quazzy, and a few of the other small parks we hit

I think as stated in the original post that not all parks and coasters will be included. To be completely fair and honest, I don't think coasters from any of those three parks would ever crack a top 30 list. Obviously you could push for Waldameer more than the other two for the quality wood coaster, but when was the last time Ravine Flyer II was even in a top 20 list?

I am not sure how the parks are ordered/organized but I'm sure it made sense in the design.

The only park that I was missing on this that I actually cared about was Waldameer, (Ravine Flyer is high on my list) but I understand it not being there and overall have no real complaints.

I am not sure how the parks are ordered/organized but I'm sure it made sense in the design.

The only park that I was missing on this that I actually cared about was Waldameer, (Ravine Flyer is high on my list) but I understand it not being there and overall have no real complaints.

It's ordered by the order that they were added. I can change it to alphabetical, which would probably make more sense.

hmm. . I'm using Firefox, and can't seem to figure out how to look at the list by parks (someone mentioned they could click "ridden all" in a certain park).

I can see the Coaster list just fine, and I can see the list of ridden, AND I can rank fine with drag/drop.

but I'm not seeing how to pull up a list that's park specific? (something i think you would have, since the parks in the "coaster" tab don't seem to be alphabetical.

so assuming it's something *I'm* doing wrong, not something you've done with the poll. . which looks amazing.

EDIT: ok, I figured out if you search for a coaster in a park, you can then click on the park name to bring up that list.

as noted this looks amazing, but if not wanting to add a button to the top (next to Coasters, perhaps list "parks").. I think alphabetizing the list would solve the issue for not-fast-learners like me

Edited by bert425

hmm. . I'm using Firefox, and can't seem to figure out how to look at the list by parks (someone mentioned they could click "ridden all" in a certain park).

I can see the Coaster list just fine, and I can see the list of ridden, AND I can rank fine with drag/drop.

but I'm not seeing how to pull up a list that's park specific? (something i think you would have, since the parks in the "coaster" tab don't seem to be alphabetical.

so assuming it's something *I'm* doing wrong, not something you've done with the poll. . which looks amazing.

Click on most of the park names, to get to the park's page. It'll list all of the coasters included from that park.

Awesome that you are doing this! At first glance it seems very easy to use. Looking up a coaster was super-quick to do. As others have experienced, I was not able to drag-and-drop in Chrome, but it's working in Internet Explorer.

As I was going through my list of ridden coasters, I found the following parks to be missing from the database. Now I completely understand that not everything is or ever will be included in the database so take this feedback however you'd like, I was just listing them as I went through my list. And I like that kiddie coasters are not included in the list as that would just be pointless.

Europe:

Linnanmäki - Finland

Powerland - Finland

Legoland - Denmark

Tivoli Friheden - Denmark

Terra Mitica - Spain

Holnemvolt Park - Hungary

Wiener Prater - Austria

Fantasiana - Austria

USA

Luna Park - Coney Island

Playland Park - Rye

I zoomed out to make moving them easier and hit control f to search. As the top and bottom of the list get filled up, it'll get much easier.

PS: Just to clarify, I hit "save" to finish it later, but that's not submitting the ballot right? I don't see a submit button so I assume this is just a live site that's picking these based on everyone's current placement?

Edited by coasterbill

tho, you likely do want to list the two kiddies: Woodstock Express & Wilderness Run (which thanks to Coastermania last year, I actually have ridden).

I would actually rather not list kiddie coasters as to not encourage enthusiasts behavior to go ride them. Seriously, what is even the point of listing such coasters at Cedar Point on a ballot other than giving self-entitled bragging rights that nobody outside of the coaster geekdom world would care about?

This isn't a "coaster credits" list, it's a poll to determine the best coasters in the world, which two kiddies at Cedar Point are not going to be part of.

Edited by robbalvey

It's ordered by the order that they were added. I can change it to alphabetical, which would probably make more sense.

No real concern either way, I don't think it was hard to find anything especially with the search feature. Using Firefox and it was a simple process

(Just so you know I'm not complaining about Waldameer, or any other park for that matter, not being there. Thanks for this poll)

Click on most of the park names, to get to the park's page. It'll list all of the coasters included from that park.

thanks.

as I noted in my edit, I think alphabetizing the parks in the Coasters list would be a great tweak (if not wanting to add a "parks" button).

but hell, for a Beta? this is amazing.

I would actually rather not list kiddie coasters as to not encourage enthusiasts behavior to go ride them. Seriously, what is even the point of listing such coasters at Cedar Point on a ballot other than giving self-entitled bragging rights that anyone outside of the coaster geekdom world would care about?

This isn't a "coaster credits" list, it's a poll to determine the best coasters in the world, which two kiddies at Cedar Point are not going to be part of.

I agree, there is no good reason for kiddie coasters to be on a coaster poll. I don't think that the Lady Bug kiddie coaster I rode at (insert random park here) is going to really impact a roller coaster poll (and it shouldn't)

PS: Just to clarify, I hit "save" to finish it later, but that's not submitting the ballot right? I don't see a submit button so I assume this is just a live site that's picking these based on everyone's current placement?

That's correct. We'll be able to "run" a list at any time of how things stack up, and we'll likely do that once we get some of the more glaring errors fixed, with plenty of notice.

I would actually rather not list kiddie coasters as to not encourage enthusiasts behavior to go ride them. Seriously, what is even the point of listing such coasters at Cedar Point on a ballot other than giving self-entitled bragging rights that anyone outside of the coaster geekdom world would care about?

absolutely a fair point.

although the Junior coasters, such as the Woodstock Express at KD was actually among our favorite at that park (way better than Grizzly and Hurler, and we even liked it better than Rebel Yell for a woodie).. so I picked a bad example using CP's two Kiddies

but for me, I would rank KD's Woodstock in my list, if it were an option.

as noted tho, you absolutely have a fair point to not include the kiddie coasters.

That's correct. We'll be able to "run" a list at any time of how things stack up, and we'll likely do that once we get some of the more glaring errors fixed, with plenty of notice.

Okay, cool. I'd assume that you'll run into a TON of partially completed ballots that people never finish that screws everything up whenever you run that list though. I imagine that won't be fun to sift through.

I honestly think Waldameer's Ravine Flyer II and Conneaut Lake Park's Blue Streak deserve to be on here. They're both in my top 10 wood, if not top 5.

So I added everything I could, dragged and dropped to rank everything, hit "save", went back into "rankings" and none of my ordering took place, its all back to the order I added them, before ranking. FYI

Is it worth considering defunct rides or rides that have been modified in their original version? Rides like the Dania Beach Hurricane, Hades, old Texas Giant, Eagle Fortress jump out as rides that might legitimately be considered in a top 10,20,50 or whatever but if you want the poll to be just currently existing rides in their current formI totally get that.

Waldameer's Ravine Flyer should def. be added. It's tough because it's probably a lot of work to add everyone's number 50 whatever coaster to the list, but it becomes arbitrary if certain rides are missing but all of Legoland Florida is included (a park with only kiddie/family coasters). I'm sure it will be refined.

T Express, Invadr, Conneaut Blue Streak, Ultra Twister Rusutsu Resort, Gravity Max, just some missing off the top of my head.

Edited by BlahBlahson

So I added everything I could, dragged and dropped to rank everything, hit "save", went back into "rankings" and none of my ordering took place, its all back to the order I added them, before ranking. FYI

Oh shit... same. Glad I only ranked like 10 coasters.