The Official "TPR Coaster Poll" Thread!

2018 Coaster Poll Coming Soon!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: The "TPR Coaster Poll" Beta Test is now OPEN!

Postby pryonisys » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:00 am

SharkTums wrote:
Dirges wrote:it had 14 of the 19 parks we visited last year but didn't see Waldermeer, Dutch Wonderland, Quazzy, and a few of the other small parks we hit

I think as stated in the original post that not all parks and coasters will be included. To be completely fair and honest, I don't think coasters from any of those three parks would ever crack a top 30 list. Obviously you could push for Waldameer more than the other two for the quality wood coaster, but when was the last time Ravine Flyer II was even in a top 20 list?

I am not sure how the parks are ordered/organized but I'm sure it made sense in the design.
The only park that I was missing on this that I actually cared about was Waldameer, (Ravine Flyer is high on my list) but I understand it not being there and overall have no real complaints.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Comeagain? » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:01 am

pryonisys wrote:
SharkTums wrote:
Dirges wrote:it had 14 of the 19 parks we visited last year but didn't see Waldermeer, Dutch Wonderland, Quazzy, and a few of the other small parks we hit

I think as stated in the original post that not all parks and coasters will be included. To be completely fair and honest, I don't think coasters from any of those three parks would ever crack a top 30 list. Obviously you could push for Waldameer more than the other two for the quality wood coaster, but when was the last time Ravine Flyer II was even in a top 20 list?

I am not sure how the parks are ordered/organized but I'm sure it made sense in the design.
The only park that I was missing on this that I actually cared about was Waldameer, (Ravine Flyer is high on my list) but I understand it not being there and overall have no real complaints.

It's ordered by the order that they were added. I can change it to alphabetical, which would probably make more sense.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:04 am

I love that this list doesn't include stupid a** kiddy coasters.

Postby bert425 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:07 am

hmm. . I'm using Firefox, and can't seem to figure out how to look at the list by parks (someone mentioned they could click "ridden all" in a certain park).

I can see the Coaster list just fine, and I can see the list of ridden, AND I can rank fine with drag/drop.

but I'm not seeing how to pull up a list that's park specific? (something i think you would have, since the parks in the "coaster" tab don't seem to be alphabetical.

so assuming it's something *I'm* doing wrong, not something you've done with the poll. . which looks amazing.

EDIT: ok, I figured out if you search for a coaster in a park, you can then click on the park name to bring up that list.

as noted this looks amazing, but if not wanting to add a button to the top (next to Coasters, perhaps list "parks").. I think alphabetizing the list would solve the issue for not-fast-learners like me :p
Last edited by bert425 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:11 am.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Comeagain? » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:08 am

bert425 wrote:hmm. . I'm using Firefox, and can't seem to figure out how to look at the list by parks (someone mentioned they could click "ridden all" in a certain park).

I can see the Coaster list just fine, and I can see the list of ridden, AND I can rank fine with drag/drop.

but I'm not seeing how to pull up a list that's park specific? (something i think you would have, since the parks in the "coaster" tab don't seem to be alphabetical.

so assuming it's something *I'm* doing wrong, not something you've done with the poll. . which looks amazing.

Click on most of the park names, to get to the park's page. It'll list all of the coasters included from that park.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:08 am

After looking at the parks I've visited, Indiana Beach/Cornball Express is the only coaster missing that I think deserves to be ranked, but that's just me.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Postby viking86 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:09 am

Awesome that you are doing this! At first glance it seems very easy to use. Looking up a coaster was super-quick to do. As others have experienced, I was not able to drag-and-drop in Chrome, but it's working in Internet Explorer.

As I was going through my list of ridden coasters, I found the following parks to be missing from the database. Now I completely understand that not everything is or ever will be included in the database so take this feedback however you'd like, I was just listing them as I went through my list. And I like that kiddie coasters are not included in the list as that would just be pointless. ;)

Europe:
Linnanmäki - Finland
Powerland - Finland
Legoland - Denmark
Tivoli Friheden - Denmark
Terra Mitica - Spain
Holnemvolt Park - Hungary
Wiener Prater - Austria
Fantasiana - Austria

USA
Luna Park - Coney Island
Playland Park - Rye

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:10 am

bert425 wrote:hmm. . I'm using Firefox, and can't seem to figure out how to look at the list by parks (someone mentioned they could click "ridden all" in a certain park).

I zoomed out to make moving them easier and hit control f to search. As the top and bottom of the list get filled up, it'll get much easier.

PS: Just to clarify, I hit "save" to finish it later, but that's not submitting the ballot right? I don't see a submit button so I assume this is just a live site that's picking these based on everyone's current placement?
Last edited by coasterbill on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:10 am.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:10 am

bert425 wrote:tho, you likely do want to list the two kiddies: Woodstock Express & Wilderness Run (which thanks to Coastermania last year, I actually have ridden).

I would actually rather not list kiddie coasters as to not encourage enthusiasts behavior to go ride them. Seriously, what is even the point of listing such coasters at Cedar Point on a ballot other than giving self-entitled bragging rights that nobody outside of the coaster geekdom world would care about?

This isn't a "coaster credits" list, it's a poll to determine the best coasters in the world, which two kiddies at Cedar Point are not going to be part of.
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:15 am.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby pryonisys » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:12 am

Comeagain? wrote:
pryonisys wrote:
SharkTums wrote:

It's ordered by the order that they were added. I can change it to alphabetical, which would probably make more sense.

No real concern either way, I don't think it was hard to find anything especially with the search feature. Using Firefox and it was a simple process

(Just so you know I'm not complaining about Waldameer, or any other park for that matter, not being there. Thanks for this poll)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!