TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

Please tell me the Trump-o-tron endlessly repeats "build the wall!" over the others, and gets into childish arguments with the Obama one, even whilst the others are off and when people are entering and leaving.

Alternatively, maybe Disney should go all modern and have it read Donald Trump's live twitter feed.

And have they done their research and gotten the hand size correct?

Historically, how popular has this attraction been? The last time I took part in the attraction, I was bored out of my mind. While I respect the history and office of the presidency (regardless of who occupies it), I would rather have been in line for another attraction.

Alternatively, maybe Disney should go all modern and have it read Donald Trump's live twitter feed.

Save that for a Halloween event next year. It would certainly frighten quite a few guests.

My thought was that instead of an AA, they should put a cell phone on a stand, shine a spotlight on it, then project Trump's tweets on the screen, all while pumping in the smells of McDonald's and KFC.

"The president is away, er, 'working' at Mar a Lago, but he is with us in spirit."

Edited by cfc

Save that for a Halloween event next year. It would certainly frighten quite a few guests.

My thought was that instead of an AA, they should put a cell phone on a stand, shine a spotlight on it, then project Trump's tweets on the screen, all while pumping in the smells of McDonald's and KFC.

"The president is away, er, 'working' at Mar a Lago, but he is with us in spirit."

1374209363372.gif.e201ee13aa3ac95a71cf1cdc4305e658.gif

Looking closely at the animatronic it's quite clear that they were making a Hillary bot and just hastily plastered Trump's face on it when he won. The jawbones are a clear giveaway of this.

giphy.gif

Regardless of whether you like Trump or not he's still a president and therefore belongs in the Hall of Presidents along with all the others.

I am curious if any of you know, Splash Mountain is down for the month to have work done on the ride. We are there I think 3 days before it is scheduled to re open. When they do this sort of thing to work on rides do they usually keep to the schedule or do they sometimes open up early as the work gets done?

I am curious if any of you know, Splash Mountain is down for the month to have work done on the ride. We are there I think 3 days before it is scheduled to re open. When they do this sort of thing to work on rides do they usually keep to the schedule or do they sometimes open up early as the work gets done?

I do believe "soft" openings happen all the time, if the rehab is done early. At least from what I can tell --

when we went, we were expecting Big Thunder Mountain to be closed the whole visit, and it opened up on the 3rd day we were there.

sending you good vibes, you get an early up.

Hi everyone!!

This is really random, but I was thinking about the next Fantasyland dark ride wayyyy down the line... I wonder which ride will bite the dust next? I wonder if it’s a small world will be, that building is rather large, but it’s a staple... thoughts?

That ride will last until the end of time. It's not even worth discussing.

They don't really need to remove a dark ride to add a dark ride. The only dark ride anywhere in Fantasyland that has even a remote chance of being removed any time soon is The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh which would probably just get an overlay anyway.

I'd love to see them update Peter Pan though. It desperately needs one but it also pulls astronomical wait times as is so I don't see it happening.

It's probably not even remotely possible without completely gutting the building and nearly starting from scratch but I'd love to see the Magic Kingdom version of Peter Pan upgraded to the ride system the new version in Shanghai has with the 2 row vehicles to double the capacity.

If anything in Fantasyland I would think Philharmagic would be the next thing to go, but even that attraction probably helps with capacity on crowded days.

Hi everyone!!

This is really random, but I was thinking about the next Fantasyland dark ride wayyyy down the line... I wonder which ride will bite the dust next? I wonder if it’s a small world will be, that building is rather large, but it’s a staple... thoughts?

The park might close before any of the current dark rides are shuttered. If one was gonna go, it would be Pooh.

Yeah, looking at Google Maps it seems like they've boxed themselves in with the new Fantasyland expansion. There's plenty of room between the new additions and the railroad track still, but that's probably for way down the road. And even then I think they'd probably expand into the Autopia plot before going back into that area.

I agree if anything were to happen in Fantasyland in the near future it'd probably be at the expense of Pooh or Philharmagic. But with them adding "Fantasyland-esque Dark Rides" all around the resort like Frozen and Ratatouille at EPCOT, I don't see the need for them to do anything there anytime soon.

With Tron coming to Tomorrowland and Stitch rumored to be closing for good, that is probably where the focus will be for the foreseeable future. Then you gotta figure that some major attraction will be coming to Adventure/Frontierland sometime in the next 10 or so years. I can't think of one new attraction they've added to those areas of the park since I started visiting WDW over 20 years ago other than the Magic Carpets. Shanghai version of Pirates would fit perfectly in my opinion.

Had this been seven months ago I would've said that the Speedway would close before anything in Fantasyland - especially since the two "Autopias" in Asia have already been removed - but since they're putting Tron all the way to the side past the railroad tracks it doesn't look like they're getting rid of it anytime soon, unless they have some kind of long-term plan for Tomorrowland as a whole.

Yeah I think that obviously bought the Speedway more time but I don't think it means they wouldn't hesitate to remove it. That piece of land is unique in that there's a path surrounding it almost the entire 360 degrees, so an attraction that is themed all the way around similar to 7DMT would be ideal to fit there as opposed to Tron, which will have a showbuilding that needs to be facing a backstage area.

As bad as this is for most park guests and how it has a direct negative impact on people who are not exceptionally wealthy, I shudder to think of how future iterations of paid Fastpass will look in 2, 5, or 10 years now that the seal is broken. Sigh.

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/walt-disney-world-to-allow-some-resort-guests-to-buy-additional-fastpasses/680857608

If anything in Fantasyland I would think Philharmagic would be the next thing to go, but even that attraction probably helps with capacity on crowded days.

I actually enjoy that ride way more than most but I'm always surprised how it is still the same all these years later. I always thought that across all the parks you could take one out and add in a new popular at the time movie or go Star Tours/Tokyo's Dory ride and have random segments. I guess the scenes having to be done from scratch to incorporate Donald and the cost is the thing stopping it? Considering so many kids these days tend to only know the CG films in the international Disneys over the 90 movies that are in the movie now. 3D lantern section for Tangled over Lion King, a Moana ocean bit instead of Mermaid. A Frozen Let it Go segment would be the easiest marketable upgrade ever.