TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017!

Hey everyone!

If you have followed TPR for any length of time, you'll know that we *LOVE* the after-hours themed events at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom! The big two every year are Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Both of which are considered the best of any holiday events at parks here in Orlando, and we would have to agree! If you love Disney and love the holidays, these events should be a MUST DO for your trip to Walt Disney World!

We have already been to the Christmas Party twice this season, and here's a compilation of photos & videos from both nights! This event runs select nights in November and December and we highly recommend it!

DOORq50UQAAj6zD.jpg

Yay! I love when the Christmas decorations are out above the Magic Kingdom toll plaza!

DOOYYvPVAAAQI3o.jpg

We just got into the park and we already have cookies!

The very first "Frozen Holiday Wish" castle lighting of the season!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

Watch the full show here:

DO3wGv4V4AEJevd.jpg

Elsa works her magic starting off with a blank canvas...

DO3wGw4VAAAysoj.jpg

And within moments it looks like this!

DO3wGv5UEAIyjiS.jpg

Thank you Elsa for the awesome job of lighting up the castle!

DO30c5AVQAA6Qqa.jpg

Everyone is decked out for the holidays!

DOOvLMrUQAEVsih.jpg

When you see the giant candy cane that’s where you get awesome Christmas treats!

DOOvLMsVwAArkm2.jpg

Wait, are you giving me soft pretzels?

DOOvLMrUMAAndfk.jpg

Christmas treats are included in the price of the event and each location has different treats! These were some of the best!

DO4hCT_UMAANw7Y.jpg

DO4hCTFUMAEnIii.jpg

DO4hCTGVwAA4IpK.jpg

Hot soft pretzels and Sno-Cones are the amazing holiday combo you never knew you needed till now!

DO30c50VwAAAjrn.jpg

It wouldn't be a Christmas Party without a Christmas tree!

DOO07CoVwAA-Gs0.jpg

Hey look! It’s Big Al and Big Alvey! I love it when they bring the characters out in their Christmas costumes!

DOO3zliUQAA_rQ8.jpg

The cast members are always so happy to give me food!

DOO3zljV4AANx90.jpg

Yes, please! I will take some!

DOO3zllUQAA0xuf.jpg

The cookies and drinks are delicious!

DOO_RBlU8AAMgAn.jpg

This is a GREAT spot to watch the parade at both the Halloween & Christmas events. When main street is packed like crazy with people, you can usually find a spot fairly easily over across from Country Bear Jamboree.

Here's the re-cap from our live stream of the parade!

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

DOPSPulUQAA_kEj.jpg

Another ProTip is to watch the fireworks from this location - We are standing in the hub on the left side of the "Partners" statue but do not go any further forward than the Partners statue! You'll have a great view from right here!

DO422-sVQAEUeG6.jpg

DO422-uUMAEdXm7.jpg

DO422-rUMAA3bcI.jpg

DO422-rUIAAwsL6.jpg

Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade has all of your favorite characters...plus Santa!

DOQRMoPVAAI_yPY.jpg

Of course, watching the parade from Main Street is awesome, too, but you have to get there VERY early!

The Christmas and Halloween parties are one of the few times during the year where you can see fireworks "in the round" meaning there are fireworks all around you and this experience is amazing!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

DO44eWtU8AAk1xh.jpg

This fireworks show is soooo good!

DOPikTFUQAABiZw.jpg

Red and green = CHRISTMAS!!!

DO44eWsUQAAQopV.jpg

Nobody does theme park fireworks shows better than Disney!

DOPabQvVQAA8gtw.jpg

I love that Walt Disney World has been getting more and more of these awesome popcorn buckets like you see in Japan!

DOPf8vpVAAEikI-.jpg

Here is the new Christmas Party MagicBand!

DOPf8vpVAAAkuyf.jpg

It's cute with lots of holiday characters...

DOPf8w1U8AAqyZi.jpg

And of course I had to buy one!

DOPpbulVQAAXIY1.jpg

Yes... it is legit snowing in Orlando!

DOPra_9VAAA6Ejo.jpg

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!

DOPra_8UIAAC8FL.jpg

Come for the awesome holiday atmosphere...

DOPrbAtUEAArnEf.jpg

...stay for the delicious treats!

DOPra__U8AAG7CI.jpg

Yes we went back for more snow cones!

DOPtYkFVoAEtQpQ.jpg

Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration is a "don't miss" castle show that plays several times during the event.

Here's a couple of clips from the show. I love this!

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

DO4bUYsVwAIzkXk.jpg

DO4bUYvUQAAqNqg.jpg

DO4bUZwUIAA7sUK.jpg

DO4bUZ1V4AAHOHp.jpg

This show has so many characters in it! It's impressive to watch and it might even be my favorite castle show so far!

DOP_Ou9UEAAqYm6.jpg

The castle looks the BEST during the Christmas holiday season!

DO4vAQeV4AMlTLt.jpg

And yes "Jingle Cruise" remains a holiday tradition here at Magic Kingdom!

DO4vAQeVoAAXsOu.jpg

Trader Sam has his Christmas lights!

DO4vAQeVoAEsHXO.jpg

Get it? #JungleCruiseHumor

DO4WV9eW4AIJbHK.jpg

DO4WV9fWkAE9U9l.jpg

PhotoPass have been doing these awesome pictures during the events the last couple of years. I think this one with Zero is new this year!

DO4MoyIV4AIUXJH.jpg

DO4MoyJV4AILtph.jpg

DO4MoyJU8AIIU-S.jpg

Another Very Merry tip: The treat location at Pinocchio Village Haus gives you ALL the cookie flavors!

DO4WV9iWAAAEbTc.jpg

They did bring back the Haunted Mansion lantern pic from Not-So-Scary and we think that is awesome!

DO4y8P5VQAATmmi.jpg

DO4y8P5VQAEeegr.jpg

DOP6-KyUEAA1NqK.jpg

And let's not forget another very important feature of these special ticket events... LOW WAITS for rides!

DOP6-KxUMAAU-iA.jpg

We rode Space Mountain...

DOP6-KEUEAAD3VK.jpg

...and then we rode again...

DOP6-KEUIAEWGE5.jpg

...and again! I think we got in 5 rides with never more than a 5 minute wait!

DOQRMoaUMAE5w2M.jpg

And if you play Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom, each event will give you an exclusive new card! Here's this year's version!

DO30c6iVwAAWI1H.jpg

It was another AWESOME Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party! Do not miss this event if you are in Orlando for the holiday season!

Oh! And don't forget! If you want some additional holiday cheer at Walt Disney World this year, Hollywood Studios has this new "Tower of Terror" projection show for the holidays!

Now please POST YOUR COMMETS! After all, we took the time to write the report, thru very least you can do is say something about it!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool to see the different treats mixed in, I've only been to the Christmas Party once I think and seems like it was just cookies and hot chocolate so that's a pretty cool bonus.

I've never had as much interest in the Christmas party compared to the Halloween party but looks like I need to check it out again.

Cool to see the different treats mixed in, I've only been to the Christmas Party once I think and seems like it was just cookies and hot chocolate so that's a pretty cool bonus.

I've never had as much interest in the Christmas party compared to the Halloween party but looks like I need to check it out again.

It has really improved a lot over the past few years. The variety of treats and the new stage show give it a lot more uniqueness than before.

Some of these pictures are old, aren't they?

We have already been to the Christmas Party twice this season, and here's a compilation of photos & videos from both nights!

Reading is FUNdamental, kids.

I've never been to WDW (just Disneyland) during Christmas, but would love to try it. After-hours parties are the way to go at the Magic Kingdom.

Yummmmmmm definitely Holly Days to visit all that is Disney World.

Moreso than All Hallows Eve, in my HUMBLE opinion.

By the way, that Pluto Popcorn Bucket looks awesome! I'd buy one!