Efteling Discussion Thread

P. 178: Carnaval Festival rehab is done
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Re: Efteling Discussion Thread

Postby cookiex » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:00 am

How does Efteling look March/April? I looked into going to Phantasialand or Europa Park next spring but neither FLY nor Eurosat look to be open by then so I looked west. If Liseberg still has the offer that you can get a free entry to Efteling with their annual pass next year I'm considering getting that.

- Will all the rides be open? I see that Vliegende Hollander is closed during the winter season so me going will depend on when all the coasters are open.
- Do Baron, Python, Draak etc. have storage bins in the station?
- How would the crowds/lines look on a weekday before or after Easter (I assume Easter will be busy so I won't go during that time)?
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:55 am

cookiex wrote:Will all the rides be open? I see that Vliegende Hollander is closed during the winter season so me going will depend on when all the coasters are open.

In March/April, the so called Winter Efteling is over. So both DVH and Piraña will be open. You can check here what rides are going to be closed. For now, the calendar ends at the end of 2017. But by the end of this year, the calendar and the scheduled closures of the attractions for 2018 will be released.

cookiex wrote:Do Baron, Python, Draak etc. have storage bins in the station?

Baron has a storage for your bag before you enter the pre-shows. You will get a bracelet with a number on it, and when you exit the ride you give it back in exchange for your bag. Small items like your phone/keys can be left in the station. For the other big coasters, you can leave your bag in the station.

cookiex wrote:How would the crowds/lines look on a weekday before or after Easter (I assume Easter will be busy so I won't go during that time)?

Once again, you can check this link to see the expected crowd levels for each day. Most of the time, it is pretty accurate. It is the same calendar, so nothing is listed for 2018 yet. But normally, you should be fine (except during the Easter Holidays).
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. Colossos - Heide Park

Coasters: 273 || Parks: 52

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

I'll drink donkey urine before I'll drink a Pepsi.

Postby JooordiW » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:42 am

According to rumors, the Efteling will open a new mega coaster in 2019/2020. Looopings call tell that after some conversations at EAS in Berlin. The coaster comes in the new area behind the Vogelrok and the Python. The plans are already at an advanced stage, but the Efteling is still waiting for the approval of the Supervisory.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Hermanus » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:22 am

JooordiW wrote:According to rumors, the Efteling will open a new mega coaster in 2019/2020. Looopings call tell that after some conversations at EAS in Berlin. The coaster comes in the new area behind the Vogelrok and the Python. The plans are already at an advanced stage, but the Efteling is still waiting for the approval of the Supervisory.

Yeah, I've also heard the rumors from a few sources (of which at least proved to be very right on almost everything about Symbolica). From what I've heard it's supposed to be taller than 40 meters at least and Vekoma is not one of the parties in the race to build it.

I can see why the Efteling is planning on making this move, all the bigger surounding parks are either building or planning to build a big coaster. Phantasialand opened Taron last year and will open F.L.Y. in 2018/2019. Toverland will open a 40 meter Wingcoaster next year, Walibi Belgium a 53 meter Intamin (probably) and Walibi World is also planning something big.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:50 am

I'd love to see another Mack hyper coaster. The next time I go to Europe, I really want to make a Dutch trip.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:54 am

Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be an other B&M. They where vocaly happy with Baron 1898. I already guessed the new land would open with a coaster it felt like the obvious choice. I've been vocal before (maybe not here but elswhere for sure.) that I prefere it to be close to Reizenrijk (Hotel) side and not the Python, I really don't want them to throw all coasters in one corner.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:14 pm

I did a quick search couldn't see this mentioned.
Python at Efteling is being replaced. But in the same way Hulk was replaced with all new track.

The weird thing is that it isn't Vekoma replacing the track

Bad translation incoming.
The steel construction company CSM in Hamont-Achel has a top job. The metal company is currently building a copy of the Efteling's iconic Python rollercoaster. It is available for replacement. CSM builds 420 meters of rollercoaster in Hamont-Achel under the strictest safety requirements to build it in the amusement park from January next year. The popular Python is thus made in Limburg.

Py1.jpg

https://www.tvl.be/nieuws/achels-bedrijf-mag-legendarische-eftelingattractie-renoveren-51458?utm_content=buffer8bbf4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/8922/Fotos-dit-is-de-nieuwe-baan-van-de-Python-in-de-Efteling.html

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby WolfBobs » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:27 pm

That's a very interesting track design. Anyone know if this company has built anything else? Or could we be witnessing the birth of a new coaster manufacturer here with this project. Similar to how Vekoma started off manufacturing track for Arrow. Interesting.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby cookiex » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:44 pm

Wonder if they're designing the track for use of the same trains or if Python 2.0 is getting new ones.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Condor » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:12 pm

Very interesting. Python was advertised as closed when I went in August, but it was open all day and it actually ran pretty well. One of the smoothest old school Vekomas I've been on to be honest. Really glad I got to ride the original.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!