TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I went last year on closing-weekend-Saturday and crowds did get nuts by like 1:00. I'll be going this Saturday as well, and have fully budgeted for FL+ and Fright Lane.

1pm? Geesh gonna have to get the family members who haven't ridden Intimidator 305 yet over there early.

Assuming they're running 2 trains on I305, even with the queue completely full it's only about a 35 minute wait. Obviously it's longer for the front row but the back is where it's at anyway. You should be able to get plenty of rides in - but head there early if you want to get on Volcano!

At KD now and it's absolutely insane. I305s line is all the way out to Safari Village, Dominator is showing 2 hours on the App, all of the haunts are well outside their designated queues, hell ev n Anaconda was out the gate. Glad I got on everything I wanted to last night and this morning. I had budgeted for Fast lane but am just gonna go back and chill in the hotel, maybe try going back after 10.

DSC_0373.thumb.JPG.37ac6f8d9dcb2ad06436ce4528ca83b4.JPG

Anaconda line at around 6:15

DSC_0374.thumb.JPG.8d602adcd7cecb1f222ac713a616c2b2.JPG

Line to pay for parking at 6:50.

I went yesterday and I305 was the only good coaster with a manageable line until I assume after I left at 5pm. Volcanos line was up to THREE HOURS when I left. Look Volcano is cool but three HOURS? Hard pass. Dominator was 2+ hours most of the day as well. There was a long period where FOF had a 2 hour wait. Delirium had an hour wait as well. Absolutely insane. I didn’t choose to make our family KD day a Saturday in October no say in that matter. Looking forward to Twisted Timbers in the Spring!

WOW. I thought about going yesterday so I could spend a full day at the park but from the looks of it I'm glad I chose to go on Friday night. The crowds were light to moderate so I was able to do almost everything I wanted to do plus a few flats and all the mazes aside from Tollway Terror. Speaking of mazes I expected Blood on the Bayou to be up there being that it was the new for 2017. However, it was one of the weakest in terms of scares but the sets are among some of the most elaborate I've ever seen in a maze! In terms of the best maze though, Lockdown easily takes the cake. The jump scares were real in that one. (at least from my experience)

One thing I did want to note is I don't remember Grizzly being as rough as it was. I came off sore afterwards as everything after tunnel was brutal to my thighs. Would be great if they re-tracked it. Aside from that, I had a great night at the park!! Looking forward to riding TT next season!!

Had multiple friends who visited the park yesterday and warned them to beware. I've been through that last Saturday a handful of times; we used to visit with our FastPass+, but we now tend to go on Columbus Day weekend. Three hours for Volcano...that's something.

I expected Blood on the Bayou to be up there being that it was the new for 2017. However, it was one of the weakest in terms of scares but the sets are among the most elaborate I've ever seen in a maze!

I too was disappointed with Blood on the Bayou. My party agreed that while the set was very good, the lighting was so dim we could barely see certain parts (then again, we were the first group to go of the night). Though, the area inside that building is small; if you fill it with a lot of actors, I think it would feel crowded. But, that's just me.

No Vacancy is still my favorite maze in the park. Lockdown is a close second, though.

Random question; has anyone gone through Blackout after it was moved? If so, has it changed? Last year we waited for quite awhile after hearing about Kings Island's version and was very disappointed. We didn't bother with it this year, and instead got more I305 laps.

I went a few weeks ago with a few of my friends, and I thought this year's event was the strongest I've been to between BG and KD in the past five years. I thought all of the mazes were fantastic with a lot of scares in every one. Blood on the Bayou's theming is amazing and was a little low on scares the first time I went through but was great the second time. Even Tollway Terror got us several times. Zombie High was the only one that's a little tired at this point because it's been there the longest.

Blackout was the highlight of our night and the group's favorite by far. We went through twice, and it was ridiculously good both times. Despite hearing middling reviews of the maze last year, my friend and I also really liked it then too. I just really appreciate it's simple concept that works really well.

It seems like every opportunity that RMC has to execute a barrel roll drop (ie, ~180 degree turn off the lift), they do. I wouldn't be surprised if that trend continues into all of their future installations. I've only ridden RMC's with straight drops so far, but the ride is looking good!

Does anybody know if they announced the list of rides open for winterfest? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Kings Dominion begins winterfest next year in 2018. Just Carowinds, Worlds of Fun, & Kings Island are the 3 parks that added Winterfest for this year.

Does anybody know if they announced the list of rides open for winterfest? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

They haven't released it, but just assume it'll be underwhelming. This isn't something you'll hear me say very often when referring to Kings Dominion but just go to Six Flags America.

^ And hopefully CP too!

Live look in at the Winterfest Gatekeeper line...

759263f5fe65a51529e16c28cd88a7cf--funny-snowman-snow-men.jpg