Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1874 - Coconut Shores coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:40 pm

Compounces was good but I felt short. Dorneys was good, I did theirs a few times. I skipped Kennywoods for more rides on the coasters (dumb). I'm always up for them. Skyhawk just felt so enormous. I'm partial to Moreys because I ride it all the time, and while its a smaller 8-passanger version, its already elevated 20 feet up off the pier and when you sit on the side facing the pier you are staring down at the beach (adding another 15 feet or so). They actually know me @ that ride, its scary. This past year I had my first ever season pass and with it you get free SS rides - its normally an upcharge, so I took as much advantage of that as I possibly could this year. I wish I had counted how many times I've ridden it this year, I suppose I could go back through reports and tally. Bonus is its an upcharge and there is literally never a wait. Would love it if more parks got them, especially the giant ones.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:24 pm

Count me in as someone that wishes that they had screaming swings and giant frisbees at every park. Both are the best flat rides this side of a Tilt-A-Whirl, Zipper or a Rock-O-Plane.

I have been fortunate enough to be able to marathon Skyhawk on Friday night's (when it used to be open - booo!) at Halloweekends. I think that I rode six times in a row without leaving me seat.

So much fun once you get over that terrifying feeling of being damn near almost upside down without an OTSR. I have noticed that several drinks or beers helps you get over that fear a lot quicker too! :lol:

Pull the trigger and make it happen KD! I would be all for them removing Crypt for a screaming swing.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:47 pm

boldikus wrote:I could literally ride screaming swings all day. Win the lottery? First thing I'm buying. Best one is CPs.

:nina: :nina: :nina:

Count me in as part of the Screamin' Swing fan club! Love them, and love Sky Hawk! I only wish the max portion of the ride cycle lasted a little longer... I'd love to be in that upside-down on either side part of the ride for at three swings each side! :lover:

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.The Voyage 6.Twisted Timbers 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:02 pm

Another Screaming swings fan here. However I like the 2 passenger per side versions, ie funspot. Low capacity but boy do you feel like you are hung out there.

Seems So Surreal

Postby mike541x » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:39 pm

As someone who rode a Screaming Swing for the first time last month (Silver Dollar City's), I can say that they are now one of my favorite flat rides. I'd love to see one at this park. I honestly never was a huge fan of The Crypt.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby ALT2870 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:34 pm

Just remember the best one is at Glenwood Caverns. ;)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:42 am

ALT2870 wrote:Just remember the best one is at Glenwood Caverns. ;)

Bucket list ride for sure!
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:57 am

ALT2870 wrote:Just remember the best one is at Glenwood Caverns. ;)

I was going to post something about that one...I admit that I get a bit nervous on the screaming swings at first and then embrace being terrified and by the end of the ride, I'm screaming in glee like a little girl. As others have said, if the ride cycle was a bit longer...

With that said, while I want to try the one at Glenwood, I wonder if I would take one look at it and go "Oh, hell no!" similar to what I said when we went to the top of Stratosphere in Vegas! :lol:

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:22 pm

Has everyone seen these?

kings.jpg

kings2.jpg

kings3.jpg

From the parks Facebook page.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:32 pm

Excuse me while I clean the drool off my keyboard. :lmao:
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!