Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby Lightnin Loops » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:40 pm

2 more sleeps till FF starts on sat. I cant wait. FF is the best time of year to visit. The park has a great atmosphere, great crowds. DMP is by far the best FF show put on anywhere, hope they even make it batter then last year. I need to process my 2018 membership. Im so excited for the new ride in 2018, the worlds first is gonna be great. Ill be ready to ride come opening day in 2018. See ya all then. Ride On

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:46 am

Lightnin Loops wrote:2 more sleeps till FF starts on sat. I cant wait. FF is the best time of year to visit. The park has a great atmosphere, great crowds. DMP is by far the best FF show put on anywhere, hope they even make it batter then last year. I need to process my 2018 membership. Im so excited for the new ride in 2018, the worlds first is gonna be great. Ill be ready to ride come opening day in 2018. See ya all then. Ride On

I can't wait for FF either.... but only for night rides on the coasters. Coming up there Oct 7. They keep saying world's first. Doesn't 'cyborg' exist in parks in other parts of the world? Also Texas is getting one too which could open first.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby JaYmoNeY12 12 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:12 pm

Do you think that a Express pass for the fright trails will be necessary next friday September 22?

Postby coasterbill » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:14 pm

No

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:36 pm

Why is GAdv's Fright Fest starting a week (this weekend) before most of the other SF Parks start their FF (the 23rd and 24th) ?

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby gp1086 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:17 am

Thinking of going to Fright Fest weekend of 10/21-10/22. Have been on this weekend around 4 years ago and seen crowds beyond what I thought was imaginable. Safe to figure nothing has changed and worth it to get a platinum flash pass if I want to do the main rides?

Also - any other suggestions for Halloween theme parks in the general NJ / NY / CT / Eastern PA area (e.g. Dorney, Lake Compounce), or is SFGA the best?

Postby coasterbill » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:33 am

gp1086 wrote:Also - any other suggestions for Halloween theme parks in the general NJ / NY / CT / Eastern PA area (e.g. Dorney, Lake Compounce), or is SFGA the best?

Seriously, go anywhere besides Great Adventure. Lake Compounce does a great haunt. It's probably the best theme park haunt in the Northeast. I love Dorney's haunt too, ride lines are virtually nonexistant and house lines are reasonable. You're more likely to get scared at Knoebels even though all they have in the way of Haunts is the car ride and regular Haunted Mansion.

By the way, all mazes at Great Adventure are upcharges but if you actually want to do anything you'll need the express wristband which is $50 per person on top of your admission (you'll have time for 2-3 mazes tops if you get the regular one at $30 per person). You would need that in addition to the Platinum Flash Pass but I strongly suggest that you avoid the haunts at Great Adventure and spend your time riding their awesome coasters instead.

Last night we waited an hour for Blood Shed at Great Adventure and it was the worst haunt maze I had ever seen in my life. We waited an hour for it, El Toro had a 5 minute wait. We definitely made the wrong choice there. :lol:

gp1086 wrote:Thinking of going to Fright Fest weekend of 10/21-10/22. Have been on this weekend around 4 years ago and seen crowds beyond what I thought was imaginable. Safe to figure nothing has changed and worth it to get a platinum flash pass if I want to do the main rides?

Yes, and even then expect massive wait times due to an obscene amount of exit passes (to the point where it's hard to even walk down the exit stairs when exiting some rides). Avoid Nitro like the plague from late afternoon on, even with Platinum Flash Pass.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Chasehat » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:36 am

How are crowds normally on Friday nights? I wanna go to Great Adventure during FF just to see what it's like but I have no patience to deal with the heavy Saturday and Sunday crowds.
Top 10 coasters
1. El Toro 2. Superman (SFNE) 3. Steel Vengance
4. Skyrush 5. Maverick 6. Millennium Force
7. Wicked Cyclone 8. Storm Chaser
9. Boulder Dash 10. Fury 325

Postby coasterbill » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:44 am

Friday night lines are generally manageable.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Satans Hockey » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:37 pm

I went to the Fright fest trails last year and they really aren't worth the crazy high prices they are at now. If you got them when they first went on sale at least you could some what justify it but definitely not now that the prices went up.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!