• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all goes well I could get to a LOT of Bucket List Parks/Coasters:

Local(ish) stuff when things open in Spring

RailBlazer

HangTime

Electric Eel

First mainland Europe trip in June/July!

Europa Park

Holiday Park

Phantasialand

Liseberg

Kolmarden

Maybe Energylandia?

Other things squeezed in if possible??

Late Summer/Fall Ohio/East PA

CF pass for Steel Vengeance and Mystic Timbers

Kennywood

Waldameer

With college in the not-so-distant future for me, the money saving has begun. We planned two different trips, but both may not be happening. But, hey, with a new RMC in my backyard, I don't have much of a problem staying in state.

Definitely:

Kings Dominion

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Possibly:

Kennywood

Hersheypark

Wishful Thinking:

Cedar Point

Dollywood

SFOG

SFGrAdv

Michael that is seriously cool that you're going to the Netherlands for your honeymoon!! You have to do a TR for us! I've always wanted to go there and have a several dogsport friends who live there. It's supposed to be just beautiful and the people are all wonderfully nice.

As far as my 2018 parks, we have SF and CF passes so go to a lot of places:

Kings Dominion

Cedar Point

Carowinds

SF Great Adventure

SF America

Dollywood

Possibly:

Knoebels

Hersheypark

SF Magic Mountain

Knotts

I haven't really planned out 2018 yet but I will definitely do something.

Definitely:

Knott's Berry Farm

California's Great America

Girloy Gardens (with the Cedar Fair Platinum Pass I'll be getting since I've never been here before)

Six Flags Magic Mountain (if there is a West Coast Bash)

Probably:

Walt Disney World (planning to do another trip to Orlando some time next year, this time for Disney)

Busch Gardens Tampa (I will try to tag a day here when I go to Orlando)

Cedar Point (possibly for CoasterMania)

Possibly:

Sea World Orlando (if I could squeeze this until my Orlando trip)

Waldameer (if I could tag this on to my Cedar Point trip)

Kennywood (if I could tag this on to my Cedar Point trip)

Disneyland/DCA (who knows what could bring me here for a day or two)

Universal Studios Hollywood (if I do their Halloween Horror Nights)

Universal Studios Florida (if I visit Orlando during October)

Sea World Sea Diego (if I make a trip down to San Diego)

Who knows what else I decide to do? I like to keep my options open.

I'm so jealous of all you people with the money and time to visit amusement parks

Did my homework. Listened in class.

Worked 40 hour weeks cleaning toilets starting at age 16. Worked the lowest level job in my field and a second one at the mall right out of college, sold most of my comic books, and paid off the debt without complaint by 23.

Another degree later, solid resume of experience... yup, at 43 I can take my family and ride whatever roller coasters I damn well please. If I can't get to the park I can run with scissors with a lollipop in my mouth without a helmet and tilt my chair way far back.

Definite:

Oaks Amusement Park

Planned California trip:

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

California's Great America

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk

Possible bonus parks

This must happen. It was already ridiculous before next year's announcements. I don't know yet if I'll do one big-yet-still-small trip, or two or more 1-2 park trips to get all three parks in. I might even go down to SFDK this year. I haven't been to SCBB and CGA since 2009, and it's been five years since I've been to SFDK.

Short list of other parks:

Cedar Point, Kings Dominion, Six Flags Over Georgia, Silver Dollar City, Knoebels, Dollywood. No thoughts on the logistics at this point, but at the same time, it's painful to imagine not going to these places next year.

Maybe:

SFFT and SeaWorld San Antonio. This would be much closer to a given if it weren't for RailBlazer. It should probably still happen anyway though.

Likely due to proximity:

Enchanted Forest Theme Park

My current priorities, not all of which are reflected above, are as follows: 1) the parks with major new coasters for 2018; 2) parks and major coasters that are new to me; 3) revisiting old favorite parks and rides. With other bits and bobs thrown in for good measure, I suppose.

Definite:

WDW Florida

Universal Orlando ("might" give Volcano Bay a try if they have worked out the bugs by Feb 2018!!!!!)

Canada's Wonderland (Home park).

Maybe

Cedar Point. Will depend on family weddings back in the UK and their timings.

We have a couple of Disney cruises booked for 2018. Trying a Halloween Cruise on the Fantasy, which methinks will be quite good fun.

Universal Orlando ("might" give Volcano Bay a try if they have worked out the bugs by Feb 2018!!!!!)

I say go for it. I was at the park last month (Tuesday the 15th, if it's all the same to you), and there was no hassle at all. Plus, the trapdoor slides are amazing.

Definite:

Depending on the weather you may be one of the few there so you should be good...lol

Seriously though, I've seen people go to the water parks in Orlando when it was 60 degrees. No thanks.

Since i now have six flags season passes I will definitely hit Great Adventure and America. I also live close to Hershey and haven't been since Skyrush was built so am looking to go back (school and gaining weight. I'm losing it and have friends who Iknow want to do stuff) and then we promised we'd go back to dorney after i had trouble getting on stuff a few months ago (the weight loss is a process) and we're hoping for that. Finally i really want to head back to Knoebels as there is a lot new there since the one time i went about 10 years ago and i was in my not riding the rides phase anyways so haven't been on anything there.

Depending on the weather you may be one of the few there so you should be good...lol

Seriously though, I've seen people go to the water parks in Orlando when it was 60 degrees. No thanks

Always love the temperature differentials......I come from Scotland, and now live in Canada, so my version of cold is a little bit different than Florida in February. 60 degrees is tropical....just perfect for this pasty Brit! We had a chuckle a couple of years ago when there was the big snowstorm that dumped on New York, Boston, Toronto et al.....you could hear all the North East accents telling the locals that "this isn't cold!!"

I'm more worried that Volcano Bay won't have figured out things like the Tapu Tapu. I'm "hopeful" because the online reviews surely must be drawing attention to Universal Brass that there are some "issues". We'll see.....I can only judge if we go as a family.

Definitely Lake compounce, since it's my home park. Almost definitely Kennywood, with or without the new coaster, since I'll be in Pittsburgh anyway for a convention.

The big plan right now is to book one of those cottages at Knoebels for a week with some friends. From there, Hershey and Dorney are within daytrip distance, so most likely those too. A long weekend trip to Wildwood and Morey's Piers is more than likely, too.

Definite:

1. Six Flags America - home park, I go a lot

2. Six Flags Great Adventure. One of my favorite parks on the east coast

3. Kings Dominion - finally am getting a Cedar Fair season pass again after not having one for about 5 years

4. Dorney - love this park

In the works:

A California trip just for the two Cedar Fair parks and 2 Six Flags parks.

Maybes:

1. Knoebels - Haven't been in a couple seasons and the BF has never been so I think its time to show him what a gem hes been missing out on

2. Kings Island

3. Cedar Point

4. Carowinds - never been

5. The Great Escape