TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

That Gold Striker promo shoot sounded amazing. My favorite part of this thread. It was a completely new ride to me so reading that hype train really helped build anticipation.

Just looked back at the renderings and noticed the edges of the pictures seem to conveniently obscure any view of Whitewater Falls. Is there any possible significance to that, or am I just over-thinking things as usual?

I wondered about WWF when I was there although that was back in May. It was closed and completely bone dry. Not sure if it was temporary or if they're on the verge of tearing it out. I'm not a big fan of water rides so it wont bother me in the least bit if it has to be removed.

I assume they'll have to remove it eventually anyways...railblazer or not.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned 2017 Haunt yet.

Looks like there will be two new mazes, Backwoods and Chaos House. Returning: CornSTALKERS, Madame Marie, Roadkill Roadhouse, Toy Factory, Wax Museum, and Zombie High.

Scare zones are FearyTales, Jester Town, and Underworld Alley. I believe the first two are new?

The most interesting one to me is Demon Reignited

New for 2017, DEMON: RE-IGNITED! returns the lights, fog, music and blood-red waterfall to the iconic Demon roller coaster.

I never rode it with these effects before, but this is great news for Haunt!

New for 2017, DEMON: RE-IGNITED! returns the lights, fog, music and blood-red waterfall to the iconic Demon roller coaster.

OMFG I'm there! Just the "welcome to the demon" coming back would be amazing, but I've never ridden it with the fog or blood fall either!

Cedar Fair really is doing everything right with this park, I'm really excited for the next 5-10 years here.

OMFG I'm there! Just the "welcome to the demon" coming back would be amazing, but I've never ridden it with the fog or blood fall either!

Cedar Fair really is doing everything right with this park, I'm really excited for the next 5-10 years here.

Agreed. This park is on the way up!

I'm in the same boat too! This is pretty interesting. I kinda hope they also do this during the day (I'm personally not much of a Haunt person). Also, with the area being retooled for Railblazer, it would be cool to bring back some of the rock work. I kinda doubt that would happen, but it would be interesting to see.

I'm in the same boat too! This is pretty interesting. I kinda hope they also do this during the day (I'm personally not much of a Haunt person). Also, with the area being retooled for Railblazer, it would be cool to bring back some of the rock work. I kinda doubt that would happen, but it would be interesting to see.

I've been wondering when they would bring the lights back in the tunnels. It's safe to say, if they install new lights they will be left on for regular operations, at least I hope they are. They can get really creative with LED's now a days. It's been kinda sad to see its Six Flags twin operating with them, and ours without. If I was someone high up at CF, I wouldn't want our version to be known as the lesser version.

With people bringing up Grizzly's RMC conversation as a possibility, I'm not too sure if I'm "for" converting Grizzly. Last time I rode it, it wasn't bad. Albeit a bit boring. However, the kids enjoyed it quite a lot. It's a good ride for the family. If RMC would convert it, I'd hope they'd keep that in mind and make something a bit "less extreme".

Does anyone know who "Clayton" is, and what he is responsible for at the park? I read the CGA blog, and it has quotes from him about the Demon, but it says that he belongs to Cedar Fair. Is he behind the new launches of the park? I saw that he planned the "Red White and Brews" event. Just curious about his role with the new Great America is.

https://www.cagreatamerica.com/blog/2017/08.30.17-its-the-most-haunted-time-of-the-year

Here's an FFA filing that shows a proposed 240 ft ride where the Peanuts Pirates Huss Breakdance ride currently sits.

Filing: https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=339845284&row=0

Map Location: https://www.google.com/maps/place/37%C2%B023'40.2%22N+121%C2%B058'16.1%22W/@37.3945,-121.9733277,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d37.3945!4d-121.971139?hl=en

Coaster or tower ride?? Wasn't the B&M Hyper (in the 20 year plan) proposed to be 240'?

The planning document says plus or minus 225 feet, but it also shows this image

And that would most likely put the first drop right around that breakdance. Obviously (as we just learned since they didn't put an Impulse coaster in the old Invertigo spot) this can't be taken as gospel but it does seem to match up with the image in the planning document. If the location of the hyper in that document is right (which is a big "if"), then the filing is for a hyper.

Does anyone know who "Clayton" is, and what he is responsible for at the park? I read the CGA blog, and it has quotes from him about the Demon, but it says that he belongs to Cedar Fair. Is he behind the new launches of the park? I saw that he planned the "Red White and Brews" event. Just curious about his role with the new Great America is.

https://www.cagreatamerica.com/blog/2017/08.30.17-its-the-most-haunted-time-of-the-year

Ever try Google.com?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Cedar+fair+Clayton

I'm kind of thinking that the 240' ride will be a star flyer. I mean aren't most of the Funtime star flyers that tall? Plus I just don't see them adding a huge hyper right after getting a big coaster in 2018. I *love* star flyers.

I agree. This is most likely a star flyer. I can't see them add Patriot, Railblazer, and a B&M Hyper all back-to-back.

But of course, I would love to be wrong! Cali could totally use a B&M Hyper ASAP!!!

Ever try Google.com?

The beginning of the article says exactly what his title is...

Ever try Google.com?

The beginning of the article says exactly what his title is...

It's like the responses to TPR's video posts...

"what ride is this?!"

"what park is this ride at?!"

"it would really be helpful if you included the name and location of the ride in your videos..."

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, they're really pulling out the punches for Demon Re-Ignited. They're getting Tony Award winning actor James Monroe Iglehart (who was in the Broadway version of Aladdin and Hamilton) to voice the Demon and most likely sing the new song. And according to the new post on Facebook, there's apparently going to be on-ride music.

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

Apparently, they're really pulling out the punches for Demon Re-Ignited. They're getting Tony Award winning actor James Monroe Iglehart (who was in the Broadway version of Aladdin and Hamilton) to voice the Demon and most likely sing the new song. And according to the new post on Facebook, there's apparently going to be on-ride music.

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

Yeah he actually says in the video that he is singing the theme song that will play in the queue. Demon: Re-Ignited is probably what I'm most looking forward to this Haunt season.

HOLY FOTHERMUCKING DONKEYSH!T James Monroe Iglehart is doing a recording for Cedar Fair!!!! I got to see him in Aladdin when it was still in previews on Broadway and I fell absolutely in love with him as the Genie. He almost did a better job than Robin Williams . I hope the song is a cover of the Scooby-Doo sounding cheesefest from the