TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Funniest Ride Experiences

^reminds me of the time I tricked my grandma into riding space mountain at WDW

Here's a little backstory to my reply. My grandma is SUPER overprotective of roller coasters (good thing my mom and dad weren't) she called them "killing machines that slices your body up at high speed. We were at MK and I told a lie that Space Mountain was a motion simulator and she fell for it. When we got on, my grandma didn't realize that she was tricked. After the tunnel, before the lift, grandma realize she was on a roller coaster and throughout the course, she screamed "I'm gonna die! My head will be cut off!" Over and over until the ride ended. When we got off, she started this long lecture about "Tricking your poor old grandma" but it was worth it. And the ride photo of her realizing that she was on a roller coaster was hysterical!

Edited by SixFlagsAstroworld

There was a time in 2014 when I visited SFMM. My dad and I rode X2. I made a mistake of waiting until after the ride to go to the bathroom and right when the ride ended, the block brakes were malfunctioning so I had to hold it for 30 minutes. When I finally got off, I literally bolted to the nearest bathroom super fast and I ended up in the wrong one so I had to go to the other side.

After driving for hours, I finally arrived at Kings Island. The first thing I wanted to do was use the restroom. At the entrance to your left are the restrooms. The door on the left was opened and I saw the sign that read "MENS", so I bolted inside and got inside one of the stalls to do my thing. When I got out, I saw there were women in this restroom, so I quickly bolted out before my discovery caused an outcry and gets me banned for life. The door that was opened covered the sign that read "WOMEN" and since I saw the "MENS" sign and had to go real badly, you can say that this was an honest mistake. Best thing about it is that I got away with it!

^reminds me of the time I tricked my grandma into riding space mountain at WDW

Here's a little backstory to my reply. My grandma is SUPER overprotective of roller coasters (good thing my mom and dad weren't) she called them "killing machines that slices your body up at high speed. We were at MK and I told a lie that Space Mountain was a motion simulator and she fell for it. When we got on, my grandma didn't realize that she was tricked. After the tunnel, before the lift, grandma realize she was on a roller coaster and throughout the course, she screamed "I'm gonna die! My head will be cut off!" Over and over until the ride ended. When we got off, she started this long lecture about "Tricking your poor old grandma" but it was worth it. And the ride photo of her realizing that he was on a roller coaster was hysterical!

Okay I reminded you and you reminded me of something.

My parents are good friends with our neighbors so a year or 2 back my mom had 5 free tickets from work to go to the Efteling. The neighbors went with us (as my brothers don't care for the park) and they voluntarily went on Joris en de Draak (George and the Dragon) with us. All we was the wive of the neighbor couple screaming: "O my god!" Over and over again. At the end of the ride we laughed so hard and she asked us to turn around. She literally had worked herself partly under the lapbar and only her head was sticking out. After the ride we went and looked at the onride picture and all we saw was the hoody of her jacket.

I should have remembered this as a few days ago I shared the highest point of Farrari Lands new coaster on facebook and she replied with: "Never again."

There was a time in 2014 when I visited SFMM. My dad and I rode X2. I made a mistake of waiting until after the ride to go to the bathroom and right when the ride ended, the block brakes were malfunctioning so I had to hold it for 30 minutes. When I finally got off, I literally bolted to the nearest bathroom super fast and I ended up in the wrong one so I had to go to the other side.

After driving for hours, I finally arrived at Kings Island. The first thing I wanted to do was use the restroom. At the entrance to your left are the restrooms. The door on the left was opened and I saw the sign that read "MENS", so I bolted inside and got inside one of the stalls to do my thing. When I got out, I saw there were women in this restroom, so I quickly bolted out before my discovery caused an outcry and gets me banned for life. The door that was opened covered the sign that read "WOMEN" and since I saw the "MENS" sign and had to go real badly, you can say that this was an honest mistake. Best thing about it is that I got away with it!

I did this once at a bowling alley, after riding forever with my sister and her best friend. I dove out the car and flew down the length of the alley. One of them called after me, but I was too intent on my goal. I ran to a stall and achieved nirvana, and once I came out, noticed urinals where urinals shouldn't have been. I got away with it, but I still get teased about it.

My actual funniest ride experience was again, with my sister. We were on Adventure Express with a bunch of our friends. My sister doesn't like roller coasters because of the hills, and although we were grown, we'd never been on AE. You know the fakeout hill? She yelled "you told me there were no hills on this ride. I'm going to kill you!" to me and her friends. There were some little kids giggling madly at her anger, especially when, of course, we were faked out and just proceeded. I still tease *her* about that.

I remember what happened in October 2015. I was at WOF and I decided to go on Autobahn (bumper cars). We were supposed to go in one direction, but halfway through the ride, Some idiot turned the other direction and all of us got jammed. There was no way at all we could move and we weren't allowed to leave until the ride was over. After we got off, the employee running the ride STILL let people on and they had no way of getting unstuck.

I remember what happened in October 2015. I was at WOF and I decided to go on Autobahn (bumper cars). We were supposed to go in one direction, but halfway through the ride, Some idiot turned the other direction and all of us got jammed. There was no way at all we could move and we weren't allowed to leave until the ride was over. After we got off, the employee running the ride STILL let people on and they had no way of getting unstuck.

Because it's fun to watch poor souls try to figure it out. It's also really funny when a kid gets stuck going backwards, in a corner, or whatever and throws a fit. They try to turn the wheel but it won't move, and all they need to do is turn it ALL they way in the other direction. Of course, I can't show that its really really freaking hilarious.

It's also hilarious how people think they don't have to wear shoes on bumper cars. Not, that floor and those cars are GROSS.

• 7 months later...

Okay, this incident happened at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Near the skyway ride from England to France is a pen they keep some Yaks in. I was walking behind a mother and her child. We were walking around the pen and the Yak was near the fence. The child shouted "Howdy" to the Yak and the Yak immediately bellowed a reply, just like it was on cue. We were still laughing as we reach the Globe Theater.

• 7 months later...

Just recently at CGA, I took my friends on GS for the first time. They think it's like grizzly and I tell them that's where they're very wrong. We get on and we're sitting in the from row, as we get to the top and he sees the track essentially disappearing below him as it gets steeper, and all he can say is,"Oh my god, HOLY $H!+!!" I was dying of laughter the entire ride.

• 2 months later...

Last Saturday at Knoebel's Log Flume, there were two men who were popping quarters into the spray guns and getting everybody wet when their log came around the turn to enter the final lift. There are two of these spray guns and these men where using both of them. And I think they did this for about an hour. I'm sure with all the money they've spent spraying the riders would be enough for economy recovery of some third world country in Africa that I've never heard of before.

"Hey, I wouldn't talk about it if I was you. What about you and all those quarters you've spent playing pinball, Fascination, and Pokereno?

True, but did anyone else get wet when I won all those tickets and won replays on two pinball machines? What did those two men get besides soaking nearly half of the park attendants? I took home a lava lamp and two stuffed animals. What do you have to say about that?

"Aww, kiss my !"

"Hey, that's my line! I'll sue you!"

Mid 80's, Riverside Park Agawam MA (now Six Flags New England) my mother rode the Black Widow (Arrow loop coaster). She had brought a bottle of Pepto Bismol because my stepbrother got sick easily, and it fell out of her purse at the top of the loop. I suppose it was better than what the bottle was meant to prevent falling on the train but it still made a mess.

Watching a hat floating down off the SkyScreamer at Six Flags over Georgia.

Also, I used to wear a belt like this out at the parks: http://www.hottopic.com/product/harry-potter-slytherin-cosplay-seat-belt-belt/10613040.html?cgid=accessories-belts-buckles-seat-belt-belts#start=26

Two rides have managed to release it: Verbolten and Skyrush.

Copying these two from my trip reports:

The Clementon Log Flume- I was greeted with a sign "No Single Riders". Usually that just means I have to awkwardly ask a family to join them. However, Clementon saved me that awkward moment since there wasn't a single soul to ask. I watched empty log after empty log float down the trough. After about 10 minutes I saw a guy stroll into the queue. The dude was alone and smelled like booze, but desperate situations call for desperate measures and that guy became my new best friend for all of 3 minutes. We had a jolly ole time on the flume. I enjoyed the scenic views of the brown lake while my good friend sat in back rapping to himself.

Kennywood's Thunderbolt- I also had the most Kennywood of rides on Thunderbolt at the end of the day. When Phantom closed early, I decided to finish on the classic woodie. As I hinted at the beginning, Kennywood isn't in the nicest of neighborhoods and that's putting it mildly. For those familiar with Thunderbolt, you know it has a separate load and unload area. After the incoming train unloaded, an army of 13 teens (seems too specific to be true but I counted, more on that later) hurdled over the queue and filled up half the train. The staff turned their eye at the stampede but the ride was empty so they didn't end up cutting anyone. Being a single rider, I had to wait for a partner to ride. When I noticed an odd number enter the train, I knew someone needed a partner. I made a new friend. And for those who remember my Clementon report, you know I have bad luck with new friends.

The ride started as usual with the great drop out of the station. Then I was treated to the most violent ride of my life. Not bumpy but in this case I started witnessing a WWE wrestling melee between them. Pushing, slapping, choking using doo rags- I got everything. Meanwhile I threw my hands in the air pre-emptively in case the police were at the exit and becasue it's the right way to ride a coaster. Since a winner wasn't crowned in round 1, the ops (who either didn't care or didn't notice) started round 2 since we were the last train of the night. More of the same. Thank god they left me out of it. I don't think I'll ever witness anything like that again.

About 2 years ago, I had a girl throw up on me while riding black widow at Kennywood. Gross for sure, but when you're locked in and swinging what can you do? My son and I just laughed the rest of the ride and still joke about it when we ride it today.

On Kings Dominion Delirium I sat next to a young girl who got so freaked out I thought she was suffering from a severe trauma attack. She was screaming "OH MY GOD!!!" and me (who rode many rides like that during my years as a rider and amusement park flyer - hmm I haven't used that phrase in a long while) started joking with her and singing the chorus part to The Battle Hymn of the Republic; I thought she found religion. As the ride was slowing down, I could hear her whimpering, so I quickly changed my tone and told her to take deep breaths; the ride was over. She got off the ride, ran to the exit, and was gone! It started as a funny situation, but methinks it could have turned serious and my joke of people finding religion while on a ride could had her actually going up to Heaven because the ride nearly scared her to death. Although I'll be riding more Deliriums methinks that poor girl would rather stay on the carousel than get on that ride.

Me and my mum went on the 'Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster' at Movie World, and there was this boy and his father sitting behind us. As they were checking the restraints, the boy asked his dad to promise him that there were no drops. As soon as we went down the steep backwards drop, he started screaming "I HATE YOU DAD I HATE YOU SO MUCH". He kept screaming for the entire wild mouse part of the ride, and my mum and I were trying so hard not to laugh. This is a hilarious experience I will not forget XD

Last year my brother and I had a really funny ride on Crazy Mine, the Maurer wild mouse at Hansa Park.

We are both quite tall guys (about 6' 4" or 193cm) and it was already a tight fit in the small cars. We could barely get the lap bar over our knees into the proper lap position. We have quite long legs, so our knees stick up quite high. This position meant that we had a lot of room to slide forward, though it was impossible to leave the car during the ride (moving up or to the side was not possible). Then during the ride, at every drop, hill and certainly every brake, we would slide further forward in our seat, with no way to for us to move back. After the final brake run we were practically sitting in front of our seat. We were laughing throughout the entire ride.

Then came the hard part. Back in the station, we had to try and get out of the car again. But because of our position we couldn't get the lapbar back over our knees. We first had to get back into the seat properly, which was quite a challenge, before the lapbar could fully open.

• 3 months later...