TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Once again Robb & Elissa thanks a billion, I had a great time. Tatsu was insane, I think I can speak for everyone that the Pretzel loop was to good to be true. I didn't expect to get to ride Tatsu 15 but I got to. I was also shocked to be able to get to ride the back row & be the first group to ride. The whole time there was great except for being woke up by that Super bright light at like 4 in the morning, that thing freaked me out. I was surprised to see all the other rides running except for flashback . So thanks again for everything.......TATSU RULES!!!!

^Hahaha! That was the best! Then me and my buddy would walk up with wristbands, and we'd walk right by. Some people were also talking about not being able to ride Tatsu, and then we'd be like "Ready for another ride on Tatsu?"

The day was entirely awesome...I'm going to be doing this a lot, but thank you Robb and Elissa for everything and the organization, and letting us in and putting up with us all, and thank the park for the free food and lunch and churros and icee's and frozen lemonades! I ate so much food!

Honestly the best day I've ever had at Magic Mountain.

Great job on the campout Robb & Elissa. That would have been a pretty boring campout had it not been for all the hardwork you guys did. I liked some of the comments I over heard "Wow, I wish out group did something like that" and "How much did this cost everybody?" and I got to reply "Nothing". I think you will have a few new members from that campout. You guys rocked.

Tatsu was great. Everybody could pretty much ride as much as they wanted once the media was done. I thought the restaints were very comfortable. Hard to say were you got the best ride. I liked the front because of the view but the back had a lot more force. I didn't think there was any real bad seats. The pretzel loop really drills you into your seat. I noticed that the coaster was running a lot faster late in the day. It was breaking pretty hard in that block right before you make the turn towards the station late in the day. I didn't notice much breaking at all in the morning.

The rest of the park was pretty empty so most of the coasters were walk ons. I don't know what the line for X was like because we rode it when it opened. I finally got my DeJa Vu credit too. I guess it helps to have Shapero in the park..

It was a great day

Bob

Wow that was an awesome campout. Even though I came with RCPro it was nice of you not to kick us away from Family Guy. Me and my friend got on the first train that morning some how and then some how managed the second row on the first train of X and also by chance happened to be on the first media break down upon the chainlift. Also to just walk onto the front of riddlers multiple times and walkon to Deja was pretty nice too. I'm sure all of you who were watching the projector at night saw me and my friend because we were the ones that dragged our mats over and layed there practically all night. Thanks so much for the great night. I just thought I should come around and hang out at "the light side" as Robb would put it.

OMG it looks like you guys had so much fun! I'm so overly jealous of you. Well, I was originally supposed to go to SFMM tomorrow to officially ride Tatsu, but I have no ride and no one wants to go with me. This week has really sucked, see my post on the Rant Thread.

---Brent

P.S. - I was wondering if Freefall and Sky Tower were open yet or not. Thanks.

So after all the media day runs, is there a POV of this ride available yet?

Go to magic mountain website, click on the sign on the riight under the Tatsu flash animation, it'll open up a new window with interviews, pictures, and raw footage from media day. Included in one video is raw POV video...

Awesome media camp out! I think this is what my El Toro camp out's gonna be like...not!

Something I noticed below gave me a chuckle...!

G "Coordinator of El Toro camp out" Money

tatsumediaday10.jpg.9af257a79c0e866bf68ec466d4116b4f.jpg

Robb, dude in green is totally scammin' on your woman! Release the hounds, Bro!!!

A video from La times. It's the only video ive seen that had a interview with a rider from tpr

Is there a link? I'd love to see that. Also, Turtleggjp, please keep uploading your news videos if you have them!

Thanks!

--Robb

Hey all;

First off a BIG THANK YOU to Robb and Elissa for all you did for us. Great time for shure. Thanks Chris, for lunch and a place for my gear. (we didn't realize that sfmm was including lunch, so Moose Buger). I tend to ramble when I'm tired hope I didn't bore you too much. Good seeing some familiar faces and meeting new one's.

I left MM around 3:30 pm made it home at 10pm. Decided I was awake enough to make it, after I got on the road.

Tatsu is really a great Flyer. (I've only ridden 3, 1 other B and M, though). Front has great views, the bottom of the first hill in the front is good Nice push there. A little longer view of the tower on the roll too. The back is really good everywhere. Pretty intense through the pretzel loop. Fun Coaster really rounds out the SFMM collection. My .02 and wroth every penny.

DWS

Robb and Elissa

Yes, my biggest thank you you both for a great time. John your are very welcome for the storage and lunch. Glad to see you made it home ok. Tatsu was the fisrt B&M flyer I had been on and it blew me away. I do agree with great views in the front, but it is all about riding in the back for the intense ride. From pizza to Family Guy, thank again R & E.

Thank You Robb & Elissa!!!!

This was a one of a kind experience. Well organized, food, entertainment, and lots of ERT on Tatsu. The "X-Files" like unveiling of Tatsu with the eerie lighting was Freaking awesome! And to whomever made the Willy Wonka comment when we were let in---I laughed soooooo hard!

I also want to thank Six Flags Magic Mountain for their hosting. It was so cool to let us have an "all you can eat buffet" on Tatsu and then let us have the rest of the park as well!!!

My observations:

Back Seat: High Speed, G's

Front Seat: Mystery, High as H*LL G's on the pretzel

I am going post the video I got off my Tivo of Fox 11 news video once I convert it.

36 hours of no sleep and worth every bit of it!

Thanks again Robb & Elissa for your generosity!!!! You guys went beyond and you rock!!!

Brad

whomever made the Willy Wonka comment when we were let in---I laughed soooooo hard!

That was funny, I liked the way he said it. We all had a good laugh

whomever made the Willy Wonka comment when we were let in---I laughed soooooo hard!

That was funny, I liked the way he said it. We all had a good laugh

Best part of the campout.

Hahah.

I would have to agree I wish someone captured him while he was bouncing up and down saying it! I couldn’t stop laughing.