Underrated Parks

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm from SoCal, feel bad for me!

Underrated Parks

Postby What Now » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:27 pm

What's the park(s) the you like, while every body else seems to love to hate it?

I actually enjoyed SFA when I was there a couple of years ago. I'd even go as far as to say it's a nice park. It had nice theming for a SF park (in most parts). Roar and Wild One were the best maintained woodies out of all the SF parks I've been to. The best part was the short lines, though (I probably wouldn't of had nearly as good a time if their were crowds).

Shivering Timbers' Dad

Postby MichRollerCoast » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:32 pm

I love Michigan's Adventure. I think it is a great way to spend a day, ride Timbers a lot and spend a couple hours in the water park. Everyone has to visit it at least once so that they can ride Timbers.
2005 Magnum XL-200 Ride Op / Top Thrill Dragster Ride Op / Shivering Timbers Team Leader
2004 Shivering Timbers Co-Assistant Team Leader
2003 MIA Games Attendant

Sucks that both of me can't be Florida's Version!

Location: Elbridge, NY (I know, you've never heard of it before...)

Postby vertgforces » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:34 pm

Myrtle Beach Pavilion (i like small parks for some reason)
Seabreeze (ditto)
Busch Gardens Williamsburg (people used to love it, but lately i haven't heard many people praising it...even with the announcement of Curse of DarKastle)
The Great Escape (Comet Rocks, and Nightmare was a pleasent surprise)

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:34 pm

Great Thread!

SFA & SFAW - Both of these parks have some great rides and SFAW has really nice theming!

I know on the Europe trip a lot of the ACErs hated Heide and Asterix, but I loved them and didn't even have enough time to do everything I wanted!

Elissa "when do we start the most OVERRATED park thread!?" Alvey

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:37 pm

2 parks jump right out ...

As Elissa stated, SFAW is actually a nice park. I would certainly go back there.

Another one ... DCA. I just don't understand the flack this park gets. I love it.

aka PreppieBoy9489

Postby Paul » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:45 pm

^^^I'd agree with you that The Great Escape is underrated, but it's been starting to live up to it's low ratings in the last year or two. Yes, the Comet and a few other coasters at Great Escape are excellent, but the park itself seems to be going in the wrong direction. For example, parts of Ghost Town look like they're falling apart, ride capacity is getting worse and worse, and for this year, Chipper's Magical Mystery Ride, which was an indoor scrambler with a 10 minute ride cycle and strobe lights, is being taken out of it's building, and will operate under the name "Blizzard".

Also, I'm really unhappy that we're getting stuck with Great Adventure's used kiddie rides. If they have to put in a bunch of kiddie rides, they could at least be new ones, and not from Six Flags Great Adventure, of all places. However, we're getting that hotel and indoor waterpark that will open next fall, but I just really wonder how much use most visitors would get out of it, since the majority of people that go to Great Escape are us locals, and we have no use for a hotel. And as far as the hotel goes, there really isn't anything special about Great Escape, except for the Comet, that will bring in tourists...so it just seems like a bad investment.

-Paul "...and I will NEVER ride anything called the Lolly Swing...never!" Bleichert

Postby vertgforces » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:52 pm

but the hotel could benift not only the few park visitors that would need a hotel, but the visitors to lake george, beacuse if i understand correclty, lake george/adirondacks is kinda touristy for nature-people

aka PreppieBoy9489

Postby Paul » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:57 pm

^But the only Lake George tourists that ever go to Great Escape are the motorcycle festival people, and you DON'T want to go there while they're in town...they're a pretty rough crowd. Most tourists to Lake George are older people, and don't visit Great Escape. As I said before, most (like 98%) of the guests are locals, usually between the ages of 15-25, and wouldn't need a hotel, since they live in the area. Great Escape is in no way a destination park, like Cedar Point is.

Postby vertgforces » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:57 am

^yea, but i meant that people could use the hotel even if they dont go to the park

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby CoasterCanada » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:49 am

Thats why SFDL built a hotel right next to there theme park about 2 or 3 years ago. For me SFDL is the closest Six Flags Park. Even though it takes almost a 2/hour drive just to get there. I glad they have a hotel at SFDL caues that park in located in the middle of nowhere. 8)

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!