TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

IMHO, Fun Spot is more trying to be like a slightly larger version of those go-kart parks you see in Pigeon Forge, Wisconsin Dells, and Branson

That's an insult to Fun Spot, you realize.

Never been to either Fun Spot park despite going to Orlando in March almost every year for the last 15 years

Never been to either Fun Spot park despite going to Orlando in March almost every year for the last 15 years

Then you're missing out. I would place the Fun Spot parks between amusement parks and F.E.C.s for sure, but the Orlando one is worth at least an evening visit for White Lightning and a few classic flat rides.

The very last day I was in Orlando with family for spring break last year and after doing Wet 'n' Wild (may it Rest In Peace), we had a few hours to kill before hitting the airport and flying out so my dad allowed me the opportunity to drop into Fun Spot Orlando for a quick run on both coasters. It was a perfect close to our trip, and both coasters were quite fun! White Lightning was especially fun with all its airtime, and I managed two rides on it!

Keeping with the discussions on this board, I'm hoping to make it back to Orlando at some point in the near future specifically to drop into Sea World and try Mako! The park definitely offers the best bang for what a coaster junkie like myself pays for, especially considering the exorbitant admission fees of the other bigger parks.

I was at the media day this morning and am putting something together. Let me just say, I am also not a big fan of Rapids, but when you've got an 85' tall Intamin Vertical Lift I think I can make an exception!

More coming later!

So I just got back from Sea World and it was a pretty fun morning!

[fbvideonew]https://www.facebook.com/themeparkreview/videos/10155259416363566/[/fbvideonew]

C9S6W9RVwAAwEEQ.jpg:large

While Robb is up at Kings Island, I'm seeing if Shamu is in the Shed!

First the big announcement...coming for 2018...Infinity Falls!

It's going in the back of the park in the Sea Gardens area which will be completely rethemed.

C9TSBApXsAEmKjK.jpg:large

Here are all of the juicy facts:

Name Infinity Falls

Location SeaWorld Orlando

Opening date Summer 2018

Description - Featuring the world’s tallest drop on a river raft ride, the adventure will immerse guests in a lush, freshwater rainforest while sharing the importance of water conservation. SeaWorld’s new river rapids ride connects the entire family with the awesome power of water and its importance to our planet in a thrilling way that cannot be experienced anywhere else.

Highlights

- Riders experience the excitement of category IV rapids

-Unique elevator lift creates the world’s tallest drop on a river raft ride

-Family-friendly thrill ride for all ages

-New village area to explore, and actively participate in helping freshwater ecosystems from inside the park

Story Not long ago, a drone sent to explore the jungles of South America discovered previously uncharted structures in a remote area along the banks of a freshwater river. A group of explorers and scientists were sent to investigate the discovery. Upon arrival they set up base camp near an abandoned structure. They studied and explored the river, falling in love with its power and the nature living along its banks. Inspired by the river, they developed a sustainable camp for others to visit and explore so they too, could learn more about the jungle and how their connection to the waters of the world.

Type River rapids ride, Manufacturer Intamin Amusement Rides, Switzerland

Ride time More than 4 minutes

Track length 1,520 linear feet

Elevator lift The first of its kind in North America

Drop height 40 feet – the tallest river raft ride drop in the world

Rider height 42”

Ride vehicles Custom-designed, 8-passenger rafts with an expedition theme

And some artwork...

515076775_InfinityFalls1.thumb.jpg.92805e6d1a5354e3807f4e3b39b69c04.jpg

730557049_InfinityFalls2.thumb.jpg.6862df776f3133ba5b7479a09010e8a7.jpg

544487305_InfinityFalls3.thumb.jpg.415bd02c23a1dde90376486571c9a7c0.jpg

584700738_ScreenShot2017-04-13at12_08_21PM.png.2d64458d537ee966669d8165b2741684.png

The Sea Garden area will look a lot different next year!

Edited by robbalvey

Also, we were reminded that Kraken Unleashed (VR) opens in Mid-June!

A few things...

- The VR will be OPTIONAL

- There will be a new virtual queue (they are developing it in house) for the VR

- The story will mix Kraken and Journey to Atlantis

- Paper Mache Kraken will be leaving us!!!!!

And now some photos they shared with us...

1233767396_KrakenUnleashedLogo.thumb.jpg.944d80b8251e7b9dbb94fdcd83ef523e.jpg

2103464459_KrakenKelpForest.thumb.png.d4c6b557528ab26927ee70364dceba88.png

The super scary main bad guy dinosaur thing you'll encounter when of course, something goes wrong!

1590990281_KrakenVolcanoClimb1.thumb.png.ed442551b9d34513d09d68574a2b0c9a.png

These next few are actual screen grabs from the VR.

6274161_KrakenVolcanoClimb2.thumb.png.efb2d4778fe0ae8b988183b9d8b86536.png

2057643045_KrakenSubBase.thumb.png.67a1196b3713b5a181702635164200de.png

This is the base of the sub that you'll be piloting.

1257551467_KrakenLavaField.thumb.png.a90dd0f4a4961207ab88afd7adffcc67.png

BUT SOMETHING GOES WRONG!!!!

Well well well...about time seaworld developed that back end of the park. It will definitely help spread the crowds more and probably have a new restaurant open to cater the attraction patrons.

I always felt that people were concentrated in the Antarctica/JTA area but with mako and the new show and this ride opening it will help spread folks more.

I am Really excited and hopefully their next project will be wild arctic.

^What, paper mache Kraken is leaving? No! Actually I'm sure they'll replace it with something cool if not they'll make the area look great but I still like it.

Glad to see the rapids ride has a 42" height restriction. When I first heard rumors of a rapids ride I wasn't very excited since I'm not a huge fan of rapids rides because I don't like getting completely soaked (someone build one a water park already will ya!) but this looks like fun. I mean an 85 foot drop is pretty significant and should feel pretty wild spinning in a rapids raft.

New rapids ride in the US? Amazing.

Tallest drop? Oh eff yeah.

This is a pretty fantastic 1-2 punch for SWO over the past two years. As an out of state guy, this park has taken a pretty solid leap on my "parks to visit" list.

That looks awesome, there was nobody walking through the gardens area when I was just there so this makes plenty of sense. Did anyone else get a chance to see Dolphin Days yet? I really enjoy SeaWorld, we ended up going 3 days with our Busch Gardens Williamsburg platinum passes. Might try to do another trip there next year and hit up Volcano Bay and some of the other new Orlando attractions.

Yeah totally missed that, but should still be a lot of fun. Does anyone know how tall the drops are on like Kali River Rapids or some of the other raft models with drops?

Kali claims 30 feet, Grizzly 21 feet, River Quest (Phantasialand) 36 feet, and for comparison sake Splash Mountain at 50 feet.

New rapids ride in the US? Amazing.

Tallest drop? Oh eff yeah.

This is a pretty fantastic 1-2 punch for SWO over the past two years. As an out of state guy, this park has taken a pretty solid leap on my "parks to visit" list.

Agreed, Sea World has now become a must visit park when I go to Orlando. It's also great to see new Intamins being built in the USA, I wish CF and SF would get back on the Intamin backwagon as well!

Yeah totally missed that, but should still be a lot of fun. Does anyone know how tall the drops are on like Kali River Rapids or some of the other raft models with drops?

Kali claims 30 feet, Grizzly 21 feet, River Quest (Phantasialand) 36 feet, and for comparison sake Splash Mountain at 50 feet.

What? Splash Mountain feels way taller than 50 feet!

I mean an 85 foot drop is pretty significant and should feel pretty wild spinning in a rapids raft.

40' drop off an 85' tall tower. Still world's tallest, but don't get your hopes up for that crazy!

Seems like it's been forever since a park has built a major rapids ride, so I like this announcement.

Infinity Falls and Mako really make me wish that SWO was my home park

I live 15 minutes away and between the festivals,riding my new favorite coaster Mako and their new pass holder dining plan I'm at the park at least 2-3 times a week.Mako without a doubt is an amazing coaster that's as rerideable and as fun as a coaster gets.Dolphin Days is solid,the music in Blue Horizons was more emotional while Dolphin Days is more fun but Dolphin Days has a bit more activity from the dolphins with the trainers giving us info about the dolphins.Does anyone know if Kraken is getting a paint job,I see the new red/orange logo and I think it would be cool to see this coaster with a more aggressive paint scheme than the teal/yellow its had all its life,red and orange would be awesome.I'm also wondering if the hospitality house/passholder lounge building is totally getting removed for Infinity Falls,its a beautiful area and I think it would be great if they could build the ride and incorporate the building and area into the ride but I also know its not a huge footprint so I'm assuming the whole area is getting leveled,does anyone know for sure,the building does also hold a restaurant used on busier times??