TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tivoli Gardens Discussion Thread

That's awesome what they did with the waterfall on the coaster's mountain! Brilliant!

And really, it doesn't matter whether you visit Tivoli in Winter or Summer, the

night lights always look wonderful on the entire park. I am sure though, the

holiday season brings an extra something to the park.

I do like that glogg, with the souvenir cup! My kind of souvenir, lol.

Thank you for sharing all your visit there. I miss Tivoli and hope it continues

to be wonderful for another hundred years!

Im really unsure about the new ride concept. I do like the idea that it caters to all audiences but I do think its going to look really stupid as well.

Well, from the past two visits I've paid to the park, they really can do no wrong when it comes to placement and theming of such an attraction. IMhO. It actually might turn into something of such an original design, that it gets photographed more often than other attractions in the park... maybe.

311428194_ResizeofIMG_4735.JPG.784586ed72ed4c5ea4c364498afa7190.JPG

(EDIT) This new flat, at the time, had a great corner fixed up for it, and other stuff for everybody to enjoy.

TPR 2014 Scandi Tour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey, I'll be going to Copenhagen in August with my parents but we won't be staying for a long time (and I already convinced them to make a trip to Liseberg for one day somehow) so I probably won't have the chance to visit more than one park near the city and so I was wondering if you guys think I should choose tivoli gardens or bakken (also taking into account that I'm more of a coaster guy). It is possible that I might get to go to both but I'd still like to have one as a main option.

Hey, I'll be going to Copenhagen in August with my parents but we won't be staying for a long time (and I already convinced them to make a trip to Liseberg for one day somehow) so I probably won't have the chance to visit more than one park near the city and so I was wondering if you guys think I should choose tivoli gardens or bakken (also taking into account that I'm more of a coaster guy). It is possible that I might get to go to both but I'd still like to have one as a main option.

Tivoli.

I'd really try for both! Tornado at Bakken is definitely worth the trip, there is a part on it that is INSANE! I have been to both parks and I'm thinking if you are a coaster guy, I'd head to Bakken. BUT Tivoli can't be missed either!

Also is the new ride open at the park??

If you only get to visit one of the parks, I'd say Tivoli. While Bakken has Tornado and other fun rides, it still feels a bit unpolished as a park. Tivoli on the other hand is very finished and looks gorgeous (especially at night!) AND it has a B&M (as if an enthusiast could pass a chance to ride one, right? ) and one of the best flatrides ever: Flying Fury.

I'd really try for both! Tornado at Bakken is definitely worth the trip, there is a part on it that is INSANE! I have been to both parks and I'm thinking if you are a coaster guy, I'd head to Bakken. BUT Tivoli can't be missed either!

I agree with Chris, which is rare. If you're looking for more of a coaster experience, then I think Bakken is just a little bit better. Tivoli is one of my favorite parks in the world, but in terms of coasters it's somewhat lacking.

The more I think about it, you could do both in a day. There's a train station about a mile away from Bakken, and it runs directly to Tivoli (Central Station). Just make sure you hold on to your ticket, right Chris? Start at Bakken in the morning, then head to Tivoli in the late afternoon. Seeing it at night is well worth it.

Thanks for the advice! Maybe I'll be able to do both. From what I understood they work with a sort of wristband system, right? Because I had some trouble clearing that up on Bakken's website (and apparently the entry there is free)

Bakken first. Then, Tivoli until it closes.

Best - Day - Ever. IMhO

The new "2" ride looks great, by the way. And if I remember,

isn't there a third ride, underneath it? Or a snack shop.

I forget what.

Chose Bakken as your amusement park and once your parents commit, subtlely let them know how beautiful the gardens are at Tivoli Gardens and how the dining is phenomenal and convince them they need to go there also.

I agree with Chris, which is rare. If you're looking for more of a coaster experience, then I think Bakken is just a little bit better. Tivoli is one of my favorite parks in the world, but in terms of coasters it's somewhat lacking.

The more I think about it, you could do both in a day. There's a train station about a mile away from Bakken, and it runs directly to Tivoli (Central Station). Just make sure you hold on to your ticket, right Chris? Start at Bakken in the morning, then head to Tivoli in the late afternoon. Seeing it at night is well worth it.

FU Thad! But yes follow Thad's directions and go to Bakken first and then Tivoli.

PS....Thad's just mad he doesn't see me in my skinny jeans anymore!

• 7 months later...

Tivoli Gardens have announced VR for Dæmonen this season. It will be an optional upcharge addition costing 25,- DKK

Link: http://www.tivoli.dk/da/forlystelser/daemonen

VIRTUAL REALITY-RIDE

First time in Denmark!

Imagine being strapped into a wild roller coaster at 80 km per hour, exposed to 4G, passing through three loops and experiencing a physical drop of 20 meters. The experience will soon become even wilder with a virtual reality tour of fire-breathing dragons, demons and exploding fireworks taken from ancient Chinese mythology.

The journey into virtual reality starts as soon as you put on your headset. Enjoy the ride, because now there is no turning back!

Please note:

A virtual reality-ride in the Demon is optional and will cost 25 DKK in addition to the normal ticket price.

Capture.thumb.JPG.503ed1e039b660701cc73f2ad5073c14.JPG

Ugh. I really want one of these VR Headsets to fly off and kill a small child or nun or dog or something so we stop this trend worldwide!!!!

I'm sure we will see a Chinese version soon so chances of it happening are pretty good I'd say...