TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's your first ride upon arrival at your home park?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Knott's, I usually head to Xcelerator first since it hardly has a line right at opening. I've had some mornings where I've been able to re-ride it several times without getting off for the first hour of the park opening, especially during the off-season.

For SFMM, I usually run to X2 (yes, I'm one of those) or Twisted Colossus since both lines fill up quickly. Full Throttle gets hammered right at opening, so I don't even bother with that ride until later in the day when crowds are more spread out.

For Canobie it's the Yankee Cannonball. I can't remember the last time I made it at opening, but unless they add a big new thrill ride like Untamed or Equinox, it's my first ride.

For Six Flags New England, it's Wicked Cyclone. Doesn't matter if I arrive at opening or during the day,

At SFOG, the ideal situation for me is for them to open Georgia Scorcher and Georgia Cyclone when they open the gates, and get both in before they drop the rope, after which I'll head to Goliath first then double back to Mindbender and Batman before continuing around the park clockwise.

At Dorney, it's almost always Talon. Sometimes I'll do a "back of the park" day and start with Possessed then run loops between Cedar Creek Flyers, Steel Force, Demon Drop, then back to Possessed.

Knoebels, it's /always/ the flyers. Pick up a wristband, then head right over to the Flyers and camp on those for the first 30 minutes.

Great Adventure, is always Toro until it's no longer a walk on.

Hershey is usually "head straight for skyrush and lap it as many times as my thighs can handle"

I'll just say it for all 6 of my parks I consider home. I just moved from GA where Carowinds, Dollywood, and SFOG were my home parks to PA (where I grew up) so now Dorney, SFGADV, and Hershey are my home parks again.

Dollywood, Lightning Rod if it's running without fail. If not then Thunderhead.

Carowinds, Fury 325. No questions. Doesn't matter if its the busiest day of the year or totally dead. I need some Giga goodness.

SFOG really depends. This year I bounced around between Blue Hawk first or Goliath first. I did DDD one day just to check out the VR and have not ridden it since. If I wanna switch it up I'll hit Acrophobia first.

Dorney Park, Possessed usually is first just because its my favorite coaster there. The park never has any lines so I'm comfortable bouncing around.

Hershey, Skyrush or Great Bear. Every time I go both get a pretty serious line if it's summer time. From there I hit Farenheit and then bounce around for the rest of the day.

SFGADV, I usually hit Nitro first and then go all the way across the park for Bizarro and El Toro and work my way back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At SFOG, the ideal situation for me is for them to open Georgia Scorcher and Georgia Cyclone when they open the gates, and get both in before they drop the rope, after which I'll head to Goliath first then double back to Mindbender and Batman before continuing around the park clockwise.

My method exactly except if DDD is open I will hit it once first before Goliath.

Using the method you described, you can basically ride every coaster with no line even on days that end up being very busy.

Whizzer at SFGAm.

It was the first "big" rollercoaster that I ever rode (at the age of 7 back in '83) and it's still one of my all time favorites to this day.

So I try to hit it first for sentimental reasons, and because the line moves pretty damn slow once it develops any kind of queue.

At Kings Dominion I usually ride I305 first. Sometimes I'll go to the park and ride Dominator or Volcano first, depending on the lines. When I visit BGW, Loch Ness Monster has always been the first ride of the day for me.

Depends on what reason I go to the park, really. If I'm going for a few hours by myself to KD, I usually hit up Volcano or Windseeker first (although I may start doing Delirium first). If I go with friends, we usually go up on the Eiffel Tower to 'plan' our route for the day, since most of my friends don't go to amusement parks as much as I do.

If we go to BGW, usually we do Griffon first.

At my home park (Busch Gardens Tampa), I make sure whenever I visit (especially if I get there at opening time), that I head straight for the two roller coasters that always have the consistently longest wait times in the park which are Cheetah Hunt and the new Cobra's Curse. After I ride those two coasters before the lines build up it's basically a free for all on what to ride next because most all of the rides there don't have as long of lines. The only exceptions to which I often skip is because their lines move so slow when there is one regardless of it's wait are Scorpion, Sand Serpent and Stanley Falls.