Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 324: V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks in January announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:10 pm

Here is something else that the Disney "fans" were all bitching about...

So this is a super cute segment from the new castle holiday show. Now I'm not usually one for the "castle character shows" because they are usually sort of cheesy and aimed for kids, but this new one was AWESOME!!! The amount of tech used in the show with all the articulated characters, projection effects on the castle, lighting, etc, was AWESOME!

For some reasons, the Disney "fans" don't like the fact that they gave Mickey & Minnie a mobile phone to text each other with. WHY!?!?!? At what point did Walt Disney say "MIckey Mouse is stuck in 1928." We've seen the character drive a car, use a computer, take pictures with a camera, etc. Why can't he use a cell phone? People were saying "oh, this just reminds you of every day life and Disney is supposed to be a break from that." But isn't taking pictures also reminding you of every day life?
images.jpeg

Why aren't Disney fans complaining about Mickey Mouse being on a computer and possibly surfing the internet?
mickfishcomputer.gif

The show was super cute and fun! Seriously there was NOTHING in the show to complain about. Yet the Disney fans felt the need to bitch up a storm. I really hope our group of people are better and can just see the show for what it is: ENTERTAINING!!!!

OH! And here's another segment from the show. I freaking *LOVED* this!!! I was a huge fan of Muppet Christmas Carol and was really psyched to see them use this song!
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:11 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:26 pm

1) These Disney fans sound like terrible, terrible people.

2) Yeah, I would watch the show just for that song. I always had a soft spot for Muppet Christmas Carol. I don't like the Muppets at all but I love that movie for some reason. The music throughout the movie is honestly way better than it has any right to be, but "It Feels like Christmas" is one of the best songs I've heard in any version of a Christmas Carol. It's right up there with some of the songs from the Broadway version. I'm honestly thrilled to see this song being used in this capacity as I may or may not have cranked it up to the max in the car on my way to work the other day (and am shocked that I'm now admitting this on a public forum, lol).

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:37 pm

coasterbill wrote:I may or may not have cranked it up to the max in the car on my way to work the other day (and am shocked that I'm now admitting this on a public forum, lol).

You have just earned a little more respect...

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Satans Hockey » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:33 pm

Amazing they would complain about cell phones when the majority of them complaining are probably on their own phones most of their time there.

The Xmas stuff there looks great, I'm a very causal Disney parks fan. I have fun when I go but wouldn't care if I didn't go but my gf would absolutely love going there for that Xmas event. One of these years, we already have too many things planned lol
Last edited by Satans Hockey on Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:40 pm.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby BlahBlahson » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:39 pm

Not gonna lie, I was pretty meh about going to Very Merry Christmas Party this year, and we ended up going to see that show at midnight over doing 7 Dwarves Mine Train which I haven't ridden in 2 years now.

BUT THAT SHOW WAS AWESOME. And the texting segment was hilarious and I've never heard that song before. Huge Cast, talented. They all had real cell phones. And yes, they used the music from my second favorite movie all-time which is Muppet Christmas Carol. It was the best single entertainment of the night. And Very Merry was surprisingly improved from the other time I've been, with more lights, MANY kinds of cookies, more interesting characters out, Jingle Cruise and typical short lines, and a longer parade.

Very Merry pulled even or higher with SeaWorld this year for me for Christmas, since Polar Express is gone.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:53 am

As I have mentioned before we are going to be making our first trip to Magic Kingdom. We will only be there one day Saturday Feb 11th. What I am here for is to asking if there are cheaper ways to get tickets outside of their website?

Also any tips or tricks you might have to let me know about to get the most out of the day it would be appreciated.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:03 am

^As far as tickets I wouldn't mess with any kind of second hand reduced price ticket sites these days. Buy them from Disney so you can book your fastpasses in advance.

As far as getting the most out of your day.Get there early, the opening show at the front gate is always pretty fun to check out. If you can't get a Fastpass for the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train the standby line early in the morning shouldn't be that bad (same goes for Space Mountain).

Book your fast passes as far in advance as you can, 30 days I believe for non-resort guests. I usually recommenced people to use fastpasses for lower capacity attractions like Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Princess meet n greets and the Mine Train if you can get it obviously. Rides like the Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and even Big Thunder Mountain are usually under 45 minutes standby even on really crowded days, closer to like under 20 on mildly crowded days. Also if you plan to be there all day try to book/use your first 3 fastpasses in the morning/afternoon so you can book a 3rd, 4th etc after you have used the first 3. I would try to be there at opening, use the standby line for like 4 or 5 attractions between park opening and like 11 am, then have 3 fast passes to use between 11am and 2pm or so. After that book an additional fastpass for later in the evening.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:39 am

^ My advice is honestly to skip Peter Pan entirely. It's an awful ride (sorry everyone but it is) and the line is always absurdly long. Quality-wise, I found Winnie the Pooh to be about on par with Boo Blasters at Kings Island so I would skip that too and spend that time riding good rides.

Postby Ape » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:39 am

Excellent thank you. We plan on being there early. Looks like the park is open 9-9 that day. I am hoping that despite being a Saturday that it will be pretty low crowds considering time of year and that on their schedule for tickets it is at the cheapest price for the year

Postby Ape » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:40 am

coasterbill wrote:^ My advice is honestly to skip Peter Pan entirely. It's an awful ride (sorry everyone but it is) and the line is always absurdly long. Quality-wise, I found Winnie the Pooh to be about on par with Boo Blasters at Kings Island so I would skip that too and spend that time riding good rides.

This day is for my 3 year old and his favorite ride this year was Boo Blasters lol

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!