TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sea World Abu Dhabi back on the docket for 2022

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FINALLY! A BUSCH GARDENS NEAR MY COUNTRY! One hour away by plane! I hope it has a B&M diving coaster when it opens! Shame Six Flags dropped outta the Dubailand. But still, BUSCH GARDENS!

I'm not 100%, but I am pretty sure this project is dead. It's a shame though because the concept of a park being in the shape of a whale would've been awesome.

FINALLY! A BUSCH GARDENS NEAR MY COUNTRY! One hour away by plane! I hope it has a B&M diving coaster when it opens! Shame Six Flags dropped outta the Dubailand. But still, BUSCH GARDENS!

I'm not 100%, but I am pretty sure this project is dead. It's a shame though because the concept of a park being in the shape of a whale would've been awesome.

I know. I just remembered, my mom previously told me about the project in Dubai. I was excited and I looked it up, only to find out it has been shelved. Damn recession ruining my dreams of having a Six Flags or a Busch Gardens near my country. It's ok. I still have that field trip to one of our poopy parks here on Thursday so expect a Photo TR on Thursday!

• 2 years later...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/seaworld/os-seaworld-theme-park-middle-east-abu-dhabi-20161213-story.html

Looks like sea world will be opening its first park outside the USA in 2022.

SeaWorld announces new theme park in the Middle East, with no orcas

SeaWorld Abu Dhabi will open by 2022, with no killer whales. SeaWorld today announced a partnership with the Abu Dhabi government-backed Miral to develop "a first-of-its-kind marine life theme park."

SeaWorld Abu Dhabi will open by 2022, with no killer whales.

SeaWorld today announced a partnership with the Abu Dhabi government-backed Miral to develop "a first-of-its-kind marine life theme park." It will be on Abu Dhabi's manmade Yas Island.

Miral is funding the project. SeaWorld is licensing the brand and will incur no capital expense.

The theme park will include the United Arab Emirates' first dedicated marine life research, rescue, rehabilitation and return center.

It will have up-close animal experiences, attractions, and an aquarium.

Planned to open ahead of the theme park, the research and rehab center will provide a resource for people in the United Arab Emirates hoping to develop or enhance expertise in marine life sciences, the company said.

SeaWorld closes attractions and cuts performers - Orlando News Now

SeaWorld has been planning a Middle Eastern park for several years. Last month it disclosed in SEC documents it had reached a definitive agreement for a project.

SeaWorld will complement Miral's Yas Island portfolio of four themed parks, That includes Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Yas Waterworld, and the recently announced Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi and Clymb.

The Middle East is becoming an increasingly popular destination for theme parks.

In a press release, SeaWorld Chief Executive Officer Joel Manby called the new park "a next generation SeaWorld that engages, educates and inspires."

Edited by larrygator

Always great to see a new park announced, but I am starting to wonder if the UAE is going to become the "land of the half-day park". It seems like there is a lot opening and planned but most of these parks seem light on attractions, particularly re-rideable ones. Even Ferrari World is only a 4-6 hour proposition, and that's with the new dark ride and coaster.