TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I think El Toro was built early because they had that space free where Viper once stood and they wanted to fill it in. They probably got a deal from Intamin, but I think its more adding flow back to that section of the park, much like how Superman was placed in the Boardwalk area to rejuvinate crowd influx into that dying section of the park.

I think the next coaster should go in the dead Lakeside/Dream Street area of the park.

It's the 45th anniversary for the chain not Great adventure (which was built in 1974) I would say Intamin and Premier had a two coaster deal.

lol, yeah, I know It's the 45th anniversary for the chain, but every Six Flags park isn't getting an El Toro.

Premier? Where and what did they build? Maybe I missed that.

Here are some ground shots from Friday. Lots of workers out today compared to late Wednesday afternoon. They have really picked up the pace for that Memorial day weekend Deadline !

^Kingda Ka was running again strong today. Every time I looked that way I could see a train crest the top.

^ OOOHHHH, lol, I thought he was referring to the coaster designers!!

Awwww, SFGAd didn't even get a Goliath yet. I'm surprised that Nitro wasn't named Goliath, though I'm sure it was considered at one point.

Actually, wasnt Nitro going to be Superman at one point in time, but a quick name and color scheme change turned it into Nitro?

Anyway the El Toro pics look great! I can't wait for this summer to come around.

Thanks for the update!

I'm still not going to take the chance on Memorial Day. I'd rather hit it up later when it's been running for a few months and they know what they're doing! (They can't ruin the ride the first season right!?!?)

Actually, wasnt Nitro going to be Superman at one point in time, but a quick name and color scheme change turned it into Nitro?

What? Were you asking me? I don't know, maybe it could've been a possible name. But Superman seems better and fits in better with the area theme.

ahh but naming it Nitro makes it more unique.

Yes, and that is why SFGAd will always be a trend setter, or at least try to be. It only has 2 clones, S:UF, and B:TR while other parks have cloned the Mr. Freeze premier rides as well as B:TR and S:UF. At least I think.

I don't consider KK a clone. I think it's been altered anough to be called custom.

I'm still a bit weirded out that we don't have a Goliath.

El Toro Update:

April 22, 2006: We poured the foundation for Tango and the ride is scheduled for delivery and installation April 26. The foundation slab for the merchandise kiosk is scheduled to be poured today and installation is scheduled for Mon., Tues., and Wed. of next week. Foundation for the ride photo kiosk is scheduled for Mon.

We are fully erected with El Toro in phase 1, 2, 3 and 4. We fully tracked out in phase 1, 2 and 3. 60 percent of tracking is completed in phase 4 and will be finished by next Friday. We started to erect bents in phase 5 and 6 starting at the cross-over section. Erection of the stairs and ramp section for the station is scheduled for Wed.

No official notice has come out, but someone told me that Kingda Ka had a major break down today. So I went to gadv.com and found some info on it.

Here's what one of the posters witnessed

Ok today at 9:45 Ka broke down on the switchtrack. I thought no biggie! The 20 min later they test it and boom all I hear is this loud roar at the end of the launch track. People said Ka had sparks flying everywhere and stuff. I seriously felt like I was witnessing FinalD4!

Well Ka is pretty much screwed as of now. I didn't see any break fins pop up and it did clear the tower. The key factors in this could be breaks,train,fins, or catch car! It does not look good

Does anyone know, when TTD snapped a cable, did it do something like what KK did?