Photo TR: Credit Run in the Northeast

iPlay America & Six Flags Great Adventure- Final Parks
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Credit Run in the Northeast

Postby coasterbill » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:24 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:They then proceeded to thoroughly search my entire trunk, which of course had my gym bag, work bag, travel bag, and a shovel (you can never be too prepared in New England)

:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: I love that the thought of anyone actually wanting to go to La Ronde was so suspicious that they searched the trunk. Did they pull you over to the side parking area? If so that makes this story ten times better.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:50 am

They didn't have to since I was the only driver on the highway. They just did it right at the booth. I crossed the border in Vermont and didn't see another car on the road for almost 40 minutes.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day & Hersheypark Opening Day

I Love Donkeys!

Postby savetheclocktower » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:11 am

Montréal is by far my most favorite city that I have been to. I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to go there three times with my college band. We went over Columbus Day weekend to perform at the Alouettes (Canadian football team) game.

We would usually only arrive Saturday evening, do the game Sunday, then leave, so Saturday was the only free time we had. Despite such a short amount of free time, it was still amazing and there is always something different to do because the city has so much to offer. I usually took the Metro to get around which seemed to do a good job. I did go to the "La Ronde" island and look at the park, but didn't go in.

One of the funniest memories I have is that there was some sort of water fountain show near in a plaza near UQAM (Université du Québec à Montréal). There was some guy riding his bike around while looking at the fountains and a policeman kept trying to get his attention because he was riding around right over some fountains that happened to be off at the time. The policeman got him to move just before he got soaked or possibly even rocketed into the air on his bike (soaked is more likely)! It was unfortunate that he moved out of the way, because I really wanted to see what would happen, and it was so close!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby PixelRush » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:17 pm

=========================================================
Excuse me, say that again?! :lmao:
I have the rumblies, the rumblies that only AIRTIME can satisfy. :airtimer:
Top Steel: Maverick [Cedar Point] Top Wood: El Toro [Six Flags Great Adventure] Coaster Count: 78
My username is Zergei on the NoLimits Central Forum
Proud member of the Cult of Skank Mountain, where the airtime is to die for.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:49 pm

I wouldn't read too far into that, it sounds like it came down to whichever park spammed the link on it's Facebook page the most.

My opinion of that ride is that it's perfectly mediocre. Aside from the ugly A$$ low capacity trains that look like they got run over by a dump truck and the miserable operations there's nothing that makes the ride noteworthy, but it's not really all that bad either (though it's also far from good). If not for the atrocious operations, the fact that they usually run 1 train per side, the fact that the ride opens 2 hours late for no reason and the fact that they close the line super early to compensate for their hilariously miserable dispatch times the experience of riding it wouldn't be all that bad.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:26 pm

I figured it was a Facebook popularity contest as well but I don't understand why the park would encourage people to vote for Monstre over Goliath.

Monstre and all of the rides (that were actually open) operated right up to closing, so maybe I just got lucky.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Great Adventure Opening Day & Hersheypark Opening Day

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:28 pm

Killington Resort

After a slow time crossing the border the night before (apparently a day trip to La Ronde looks odd), I spent the night at a hotel in Vermont and began the journey home. My journey home conveniently added Vermont's two mountain coasters. The first stop was the Killington Resort to ride the Beast Mountain Coaster.

Killington is a pretty popular ski resort in New England and the entire town was filled with ski shops and small restaurants. Finally I made it to Killington. Along with the mountain coaster, there were some other attractions such as bungee trampolines and dry sledding, but I was only there for the mountain coaster.

The Beast definitely was worth the visit. An Aquatic creation, the Beast is an above average mountain coaster. The lift hill traveled along side an open hill, but the downhill course was well covered in the woods. The descent lasted longer than several other mountain coasters and built up some pretty good speed, especially on a fairly large (for a mountain coaster) drop midway through the course. I think the larger drops are why I tend to prefer the Aquatic mountain coasters to the Wiegand ones.

Onto the photos!
Killington Resort.JPG
Welcome to Killington!
Beast Mountain Coaster.JPG
The Beast's station.
Beast Mountain Coaster Car.JPG
My chariot awaits.
Overview.JPG
An overview of Killington's other offerings.
Skyebounce.JPG
As you can see, the place was booming when I visited.
Shoot Shower.JPG
This looked weird and claustrophobic.

Postby coasterbill » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:31 am

Ah the Beast of the East. Once we get a little better at skiing we need to head up there in June to ski Superstar and ride the Mountain Coaster. This place is famous for making an ungodly amount of snow on one trail (Superstar), including a massive stockpile up top known as Superstar glacier, so they can try to stay open until June and win a dick waving contest with the other eastern ski resorts. They're always the first to open and last to close in the east and they're on my bucket list simply because of their arrogance. It's wonderful. Last year they were skiing superstar on 90 degree days.

Generally be the end of this the trail looks like this, but they ski it anyway.
image.jpg

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:46 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:I think the larger drops are why I tend to prefer the Aquatic mountain coasters to the Wiegand ones.

I didn't notice it on my first Aquatic ride (it was very cold), but I agree now.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:47 pm

^ I still need to try one of these in the winter. The coldest I've been on was the Berkshire Thunderbolt one at the end of October and it was 40ish out.

coasterbill wrote:Ah the Beast of the East. Once we get a little better at skiing we need to head up there in June to ski Superstar and ride the Mountain Coaster. This place is famous for making an ungodly amount of snow on one trail (Superstar), including a massive stockpile up top known as Superstar glacier, so they can try to stay open until June and win a dick waving contest with the other eastern ski resorts. They're always the first to open and last to close in the east and they're on my bucket list simply because of their arrogance. It's wonderful. Last year they were skiing superstar on 90 degree days.

I didn't realize Killington did that, but it makes sense now. A few coworkers went there a few weeks ago after we had our first (and very small) snowfall. I've never skiied, but if I did a course that crazy would be at the top of my list. I wonder how close that is to the Beast coaster.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!