TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

I think InvadR is going to be one of the underdogs this year that makes a big impact.

To be fair (barring Mean Streak somehow being a 2017 attraction), right now the 3 biggest coasters coming to the U.S. next year are this, another mid sized GCI and a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter thing at the Jersey Shore. It's really not even much of an underdog... there's basically no competition here.

Very true actually. As of now it would be the 2nd best most likely

Yeah to use the word underdog is to suggest there is a ton of competition and Bill is totally right, there is not. I have been saying its gonna be the sleeper hit of 2017 because I truly think this is gonna be an airtime machine and have been saying that since it was announced. I really think its gonna take people by surprise. I am more excited about this than any other coaster though admittedly that partially has to do with the park its in.

I think InvadR is going to be one of the underdogs this year that makes a big impact.

To be fair (barring Mean Streak somehow being a 2017 attraction), right now the 3 biggest coasters coming to the U.S. next year are this, another mid sized GCI and a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter thing at the Jersey Shore. It's really not even much of an underdog... there's basically no competition here.

Unfortunately this is so true. It is a great year for smaller coasters to get some attention at least!

I wouldn't consider Mystic Timbers to be mid-size though. If I am correct it will be the tallest GCI in the country and what, third tallest ever built? In a park like Kings Island and being compared to The Beast I guess would make it mid-size.

It seems like a small addition due to several factors. It is true that it seems small because of being compared to The Beast. Also, Kings Island has added three large coasters since 2007: a flying coaster, a hyper coaster, and the largest inverted coaster. Most people would consider all of the last three to be among the top five coasters in the park. (As much as Firehawk gets a lot of unneseccary hate, IMO). Compared to the last three additions, a GCI seems small, even if this would be a huge announcement at 80% of other parks.

With the scope of attractions we are used to seeing KI add, it would seem more in character for them to add a prefab or a custom RMC. But, a GCI will still be a good ride.

It seems like a small addition due to several factors. It is true that it seems small because of being compared to The Beast. Also, Kings Island has added three large coasters since 2007: a flying coaster, a hyper coaster, and the largest inverted coaster. Most people would consider all of the last three to be among the top five coasters in the park. (As much as Firehawk gets a lot of unneseccary hate, IMO). Compared to the last three additions, a GCI seems small, even if this would be a huge announcement at 80% of other parks.

With the scope of attractions we are used to seeing KI add, it would seem more in character for them to add a prefab or a custom RMC. But, a GCI will still be a good ride.

I was unaware that Busch Gardens Williamsburg was somehow "competing" with a theme park in Ohio. Please try to stay on topic.

The trains look great. I remain unconvinced on the figurehead though...

There's another train that looks more like a viking ship.

[twitter]

[/twitter] Edited by cfc

Yeah, I just saw them both on Busch Gardens Facebook video. I'm coming around on them actually. I'm not a big fan of the lead car having some sort of "sculpture" on the front that restricts the view. However, most of these seem to be on family style rollercoasters (like Firechaser Express) so since that is what this is being marketed as, I can give this one a pass on that. It's growing on me already.

These trains are incredible! I like the bear car more, because it doesn't obstruct the view that much (even though neither of them seem too intrusive) and I've never seen a lead car done in a style like that, especially at that detail. I was a bit skeptical of this coaster at first because I'm not a huge fan of the layout, and it's probably not going to run like a Gravity Group family coaster or anything crazy like that. But after seeing some of the themed buildings, tunnels, now trains, etc., it seems like the theming and terrain will make it way more fun. I can't wait to see it finished!

I apologize if this question has been answered before, but are these trains recycled from Gwazi (obviously with new front pieces added)? I remember reading that somewhere and wasn't sure if it was true.

Indeed they are, with lots of new parts and sanded wood surfaces!

I like the designs but I feel like they might restrict views a little. I really like creative front pieces but they should remain below the sight level.

Tell that to Mack.