Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 124: Carnevale at Maria & Enzo's Ristorante details!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:54 am

That price almost seems to good to be true for a 2 hour open bar on Disney property, heck a desert party during the fireworks at Epcot is $50 without an open bar hahaha. Don't remember where I read it but I recently read somewhere that STK maybe wasn't exactly performing as well as management was expecting and that there was a rumors of reevaluating their approach. Maybe there was some truth to that.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:36 am

I'm sure you guys know by now that we love... LOVE Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs! Seriously one of the best restaurants on WDW property if not all of Orlando. We cannot recommend it enough and if you're doing a proper WDW trip it's not complete without a meal at Morimoto. We got to try out their new "Weekend Dim Sum Brunch" which is being offered Sat/Sun mornings. You can find out more on their website here: https://www.patinagroup.com/morimoto-asia

And now for some photos...
Today we are at one of our favorite restaurants in Orlando! Morimoto Asia! Trying their new Dim Sum Brunch!

IMG_5353.JPG

Starting our DimSum brunch with Hot & Sour Soup, some wonderful Pork Ribs, Chashu Pork, and a "kid-friendly" non-alcoholic Lychee Lemonade!

Who's ready for a round of dumplings at Morimoto Asia?

WOW! The "Morimoto Chow Fun Noodles" are *fantastic!* Spicy, flavorful! Soooo good!

Ok this right here... New on their fall drinks menu... Autumn Pumpkin Martini... Bailey's, Vodka, Pumpkin Spice, Graham Cracker rim. WOW!!!

IMG_5394.JPG

We cap things off with a little bit of dessert! Azuki filled fritters! Yum!

IMG_5350.JPG

Here is the line-up of their fall drinks menu...

IMG_5396.JPG

Which one do you want?
(correct answer: all three!)

IMG_5374.JPG

We drink to you Morimoto Asia! You're amazing food and fantastic view of Disney Springs!
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:38 am.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby CaptainCrush » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:47 pm

Robb, your dumplings look DELICIOUS!! Also, the food looks good too :lmao:

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:55 am

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/11/first-look-a-new-holiday-experience-coming-to-disney-springs/

This holiday season, the idea of “wishing upon a star” will take on an even more magical meaning in the skies of Disney Springs.

Here’s your first look:

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more information about this and other holiday offerings at Walt Disney World Resort.
stars.JPG
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:56 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:30 am

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/11/magicband-2-coming-to-walt-disney-world-resort/

mbtwo389795711.jpg

A new MagicBand is coming to the Walt Disney World Resort as part of our continuing push to innovate and personalize our guest’s vacation experience. MagicBand 2 was just unveiled minutes ago by Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek during a D23’s Destination D: Amazing Adventures presentation – and we have a first look at the new technology.

As you can see, MagicBand 2 will feature a new design for the band itself. While the design helps make MagicBand 2 more versatile and customizable it’ll still work like the current MagicBand. You will be able to link My Disney Experience to your MagicBand 2, which can serve as a theme park ticket, access to FastPass+ selections, Disney PhotoPass card as well as a room key for Disney Resort guests.

MagicBand 2 will make its resort-wide debut soon. Be sure to keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for future updates.
ddmb3488767.jpeg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:15 pm

Morimoto Asia and Homecoming Florida Kitchen are hosting a unique event early next month that will bring together their two celebrity chefs for a dining experience encompassing both delicious venues!

SAKE & SHINE UNDER THE STARS AT MORIMOTO ASIA AND CHEF ART SMITH’S HOMECOMING FLORIDA KITCHEN
Exclusive and intimate event featuring Celebrity Chefs Masaharu Morimoto and Art Smith

WHAT:Guests will be able to experience a one-of-a-kind progressive dinner featuring Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto and Chef Art Smith at their restaurants Morimoto Asia and Homecoming Florida Kitchen, inside the newly reimagined Disney Springs. The evening begins with a three-course Pan-Asian feast complete with sake and beer pairings on the second-story Forbidden Lounge balcony at Morimoto Asia. Following dinner, guests will walk across the promenade to Homecoming Florida Kitchen to indulge in a variety of dessert options including a build-your-own-Florida-strawberry shortcake bar plus slices of Chef Smith’s signature Hummingbird and Shine cakes. Also. there will be a variety of moonshine-based cocktails. Both Chefs Morimoto and Smith will be there throughout the evening overseeing the meal and available for photos and autographs.

WHEN:Saturday, December 3rd (dinner begins promptly at 7:30pm)

WHERE:Morimoto Asia and Homecoming Florida Kitchen at Disney Springs

RSVP: Guests can purchase advance tickets by visiting http://bit.ly/2flf5eg

COST: $225 per guest (price is all-inclusive and covers tax and gratuity). Ages 21 and up
Sake and Shine.png

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:58 pm

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/11/new-amenities-coming-soon-to-disneys-wilderness-lodge/

Those who’ve visited Disney’s Wilderness Lodge recently may have noticed that the Disney Vacation Club accommodations formerly known as The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge have assumed a new name – Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. This new name more accurately reflects the railroad theming of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and complements the storyline of the resort.

But that’s not all that’s changing at the resort. A sweeping re-imagination of the former Hidden Springs Pool area will help tell the richly layered backstory of Boulder Ridge. Depicted in the artist rendering below and scheduled to open in summer 2017, Boulder Ridge Cove will feature an expanded sun deck and zero-depth-entry pool in what appears to have been an abandoned rock quarry.

New Amenities Coming Soon to Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Such rejuvenating transformations were common in the Pacific Northwest following the mid-20th-century fading of the Transcontinental Railroad, as locals turned rails into trails – repurposing everything from bridges and tunnels to cranes and quarries. A nearby “Boulder Ridge Railway and Mining Co.” water tower will be among the pool area’s landmark reminders of its pioneering past, while a vintage mine cart supports the mining theme with an affectionate nod to Disney history.

Beyond the new pool space, scheduled enhancements to the resort are “chugging along” and include a brand-new bar & grill, in addition to a quick-service restaurant. Geyser Point Bar & Grill will be located in the heart of the feature pool area of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, where Members and guests can grab a bite to eat as they lounge by the resort’s main pool. The rendering for this area highlights ample outdoor seating and architecture that looks right at home with that of the existing Lodge, as well as Boulder Ridge Villas.

Watch the Disney Parks Blog for future announcements about exciting changes and enhancements coming to these Disney Vacation Club Resorts!
djknfg9099090.jpg
vkd888.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:23 pm

We are booked there for the first week of April.

Got a question....

Does the coke store in Disney springs sell bottles or cans of Beverly to take home? I know you can sample it, but not sure if they also sell it packaged. I have some family members back home that want to try it.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby cparkes92 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:00 pm

DorneyKid14 wrote:
KBrylczyk wrote:^^ Yet another reason for me to not stay onsite. The Holiday Inns on I-Drive are much cheaper and I always rent a car anyway.

Usually stay at the Marriott Grand Vista. Beautiful resort.

I would have to agree with you on Grande Vista. Stayed there each of the last three years during the same timeframe (late February-early March). Very nice resort! They have "suites" which are actually two units attached to each other that are perfect for families. It's also in a very good location (just south of Sea World and within 10 miles of Disney and Universal; also within reasonable distance of shopping and tourist traps).

Back somewhat on topic, while in Orlando last year we stopped at Disney Springs to eat and I could tell how much work had gone into changing it from Downtown Disney, especially in the middle section on what used to be Pleasure Island.
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:10 am

Disney Springs has gone from ghost town to legitimate place to hang out now. The amount of good bars and restaurants is great---and it looks much better too.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!