Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:54 am

Dollywood just announced several new additions to the park along with two new special events to enjoy in 2017!

http://www.dollywood.com/themepark/YOF2017

New in 2017 at Dollywood

In 2017 Dollywood will offer even more fun for families at our Smoky Mountain destination. With three new attractions and two new special events everyone in the family is sure to find something that makes their day memorable in 2017.

Drop Line at Dollywood

New in Summer 2017, Drop Line is a 200-foot tall free-fall experience that towers over Timber Canyon and provides an incredible view of the park before its exhilarating finish. The drop tower ride lifts Dollywood guests nearly 20 stories above the Canyon’s pool, before plummeting them back to the ground in a thrilling rush.

Whistle Punk Chaser at Dollywood

Whistle Punk Chaser, a new junior coaster opening in Summer 2017, throws thrilling twists and turns at Dollywood’s younger loggers, helping prepare them for the day they can join their parents aboard the award-winning Thunderhead wooden coaster.

TailSpin Racer at Dollywood's Splash Country

In 2017 experience the wet and wild twists, turns and thrills of Dollywood’s Splash Country’s newest attraction, TailSpin Racer! From its unique spiraling, high-speed AquaTubes to its splashdown finish, it’s an all-out race to see who can get to the end first.

New Special Events at Dollywood

Two new events will join our family festivals in 2017. Just in time for families enjoying spring break, the park will introduce enra, a Tokyo-based dance company which was featured on America’s Got Talent in 2015. The group wowed audiences with their high-energy multi-media dance, light and video fusion show.

Also, for the first time ever Dollywood will be opening during the evening in October to welcome the spectacular GREAT Pumpkin LumiNights event alongside the Southern Gospel Jubilee to our Harvest Festival. This nighttime event immerses families in fabulous fall pumpkin illumination.
dl.JPG
tsr.JPG
TN_New17_WPC.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:12 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:56 am

It does look like the new funtime skyfall system style tower based on the photo of the cart (Except for the different restraint system).. If so, it shouldn't take long to build and these towers are designed for small areas such as the old timber tower area.. but those are designed to be more of a mobile drop tower aren't they? I love the funtime swings like skyscreamer

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:04 am

Color me surprised that they made a big announcement this late, and that they managed to keep it under wraps so well. Solid additions to the park. The drop tower really helps round things out.

What will DW Fans fixate on now with the drop tower idea finally taken care of? ;)

Postby dstephe9 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:06 am

Shavethewhales wrote:Color me surprised that they made a big announcement this late, and that they managed to keep it under wraps so well. Solid additions to the park. The drop tower really helps round things out.

What will DW Fans fixate on now with the drop tower idea finally taken care of? ;)

When we will finally get the dark ride that pops up on surveys everynow and then :p

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby The Geek Mojo » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:09 am

Wow! Dollywood is going all out! I imagine Lightning Rod will have its kinks worked out before the 2017 season opens and with the addition of all these new attractions, Dollywood is going to be amazing! Or more amazing because the park already is amazing. Glad to see some of these parks such as Dollywood and Hershey finally adding drop towers. And also, it would be nice to know if grown people could ride this junior coaster or not because credit whores need to know.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:10 am

jedimaster1227 wrote:Whistle Punk Chaser at Dollywood

Whistle Punk Chaser, a new junior coaster opening in Summer 2017, throws thrilling twists and turns at Dollywood’s younger loggers, helping prepare them for the day they can join their parents aboard the award-winning Thunderhead wooden coaster.

Is this a kiddie woodie?

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby jimmiemac02 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:11 am

I'm interested to see more details on the GREAT Pumpkin LumiNights event. I'm guessing this is why they are open so late in October.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:15 am

In case anyone is still confused on the manufacturer, Ride Entertainment just posted that they sold it on FB. They're the broker for Funtime in the US.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby drummermattk » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:18 am

robbalvey wrote:Is this a kiddie woodie?

RCDB has it listed as Steel. Im interested to see this to
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head 
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Postby dstephe9 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:19 am

DirkFunk wrote:In case anyone is still confused on the manufacturer, Ride Entertainment just posted that they sold it on FB. They're the broker for Funtime in the US.

And they have a good video on Facebook of one in Action!

https://www.facebook.com/RideEntertainment/

Looks like an awesome drop tower!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtA6OJrDV9w&feature=youtu.be (This one is over 300ft tall though)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!