Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 269 - Epcot is getting a makeover!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:52 pm

Not like a death is every good, but...YAY!!!!

This means, once again, the ride is safe for 99% of the general population.

Thanks for the update Wes!

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:55 pm

We'll I sure hope they get that darn high blood pressure and hold it accountable! You think they'll bring it in for questioning as to why it didn't identify itself to the woman beforehand? :lmao:
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:29 pm

A few people thought she has high blood pressure, looks like they were correct. Its sad that she had to die, but you can't blame the ride or the park, as the first warning on the sign is "Do not ride if you have HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE"! Just because she's German doesn't excuse her. I can think of pretty much every thrill ride in the known world that also states not riding if you have high blood pressure. Disney certainly better not have to put the warnings in EVERY possible language just to cover their butts, it annoys me already that they have to say everything in Spanish as well as English.
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby ACEfanatic02 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:43 pm

BeemerBoy wrote:Yeah, I understand that scientifically I could be way off base, it was only one theory. Either way, there has to be a corrolation somewhere.

As the American press really needs to learn, corrolation =/= cause.

-ACE
Vekoma - Manufacturing pain since 1978

-ACEfanatic02-

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:47 am

whoops I am hypertensive

- Joe, who probably shouldn't ride, but would kinda like to go out on a cool ride 8)

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:18 am

ParkTrips wrote:whoops I am hypertensive

- Joe, who probably shouldn't ride, but would kinda like to go out on a cool ride 8)

Soooo, this can be a legal way to potentially rub someone out, huh? Hmmm, Joe, what'ya say we go powerride M:S this week? :lmao:
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:00 am

This is quite a sad event, and my heart goes out to the family of this poor woman.

It would be nice if Disney and other parks defined what they mean by "high" blood pressure, especially in regards to a ride with fairly strong G forces (or continuous exposure to such forces). I've been taking blood-pressure medication for a few years now. When I was truly morbidly obese after college in 1984, 280 as opposed to the slightly under 225 I am now, my BP was 200/100--well on my way to a stroke. Yesterday, it was 130/88--a little high, but hardly outrageous. (Been working on losing more weight, too.)

So, is there as threshold BP for high-G-force rides? This would be essential information, I think.

Everybody likes an S&S!

Postby Thrillrider15 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:29 am

O.K. I know this has been said about 50 times before, but yes. People do not think of Disney as Thrill rides. Take my example for example. :)

Right after my family was at the Magic Kingdom, where I had ridden my first coaster (The Barnstormer), we headed to Tower of Terror, where we had no idea that it was a drop ride. We plunge on the ride, and scared the living out of me!

It was the same for the Rock'n Roller Coaster. I saw the launch when we headed in the station, we saw the train head into the tunnel. I got a little shocked about it, but then forgot about it when we started running the circuit. And the launch scared me! Same with the whole ride. Although I only remember feeling one section of negative G on the ride, and that was that little bunny hop at the end. I was so worried that the ride would produce negative G, and the bunny hop at the end creeped me out.

What I'm trying to tell, is the point of view of the average person. So if I went on Mission Space (even with all those warning signs), I probably still would have gone on it (I would have gone on it, but it wasn't built yet), ignoring the signs, and still not even knowing what the ride was.

Desperate Housewife Who Wants to Live in THIS Castle!

WDW to make Mission:Space "tamer"

Postby disneygurlz2s » Wed May 03, 2006 5:58 am

Busy reading today's news about the big gangsta rap shooting on I-75 here in Cincy, when this caught my eye:

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/travel ... etail.html

Sorry to say this sounds like what some feared would happen, but I can't gauge by the article... is this going to be the whole ride or will their be a "non-spinning" section? Is this even possible???

:mickey:

Shari

To all who come to this happy place; Welcome

Postby blackcurrent » Wed May 03, 2006 6:00 am

sounds like to me there will be an option to ride without the spinning. I guess there will be no G's on that version...hmmmm interesting

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!