Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

P. 45: The beginning of a waterpark in 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:35 pm

Canobie Lake Park has sent us a press release about the return of the park's SCREEMFEST Halloween event!

Canobie Lake Park in Salem, New Hampshire, is the place to be for “screeems,” thrills and chills during the Park’s SCREEEMFEST event, each weekend from September 24 through October 30. Canobie offers one of the best varieties of fall entertainment in all of New England.

There’s fun by day with rides, games and plenty of family-friendly options, including a petting zoo on Saturday and Sunday afternoons through October 23rd. Then at night, SCREEEMFEST adds fear to all that fun through October 30th with five terrifying haunted houses, including two NEW haunts this year: Carnivus where evil clowns still rule the long-dead carnival, and Virus: Quarantine, where no one is immune. There are roaming “monsters” and a monster parade throughout the park, Halloween-themed games and much more.

You can also enjoy a variety of live entertainment at no additional charge during SCREEMFEST. Canobie’s ROCKtoberfest event features a different legendary rock tribute band each weekend during SCREEEMFEST featuring professional touring bands. Also appearing is the live and freaky “SwingShift SideShow,” performing strange feats of physical daring that are truly not for the faint of heart.

A “Tribute to the Life and Legacy of Prince” show will be presented from September 24 to October 10, while “Tribute to Michael: Ghosts,” will thrill audiences from October 14 to October 30.

One low admission price for Canobie Lake Park SCREEEMFEST includes all haunted houses, operating rides, ROCKtoberfest, the Petting Zoo, live entertainment and more. For Park hours, show schedules, directions and information about group discounts, visit canobie.com.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:37 pm

I'm shocked not to see it posted here, but Canobie submitted plans with the Town of Salem two weeks ago to build a river rapids ride in 2017 called the New Hampshire Explorer! The ride will be located next to Untamed and will fill out that section of the park nicely. Based on the plans submitted, it looks like the ride will have some pretty good theming with it as well.

Plans Submitted to the Town

I'm really excited to see a new river rapids ride. I was almost certain the park's next addition would be a water ride, but I was dead wrong what kind. I was expecting some water slides by the park's Castaway Island water play area.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Darien Lake & Kings Island

Postby coasterbill » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:39 pm

I hate rapids rides but this looks like a great fit for the park.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:49 pm

coasterbill wrote:I hate rapids rides but this looks like a great fit for the park.

It will give me more reasons to ride the Boston Tea Party for one. I like that ride, but hate getting soaked for that one drop. If this rapids ride gets me drenched, which if it's anything like the one at Compounce it will, I've got nothing else to lose at that point.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler

Postby coasterbill » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:54 pm

:lol: I didn't bother with that either, though I loved the theming. I love Canobie's flume though (then again, I love every flume).

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:12 pm

Canobie's flume is one of the best. New England in general is spoiled by great log flumes.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:59 am

Wow thats going to be an awesome addition. And I can get on board with Canobie's flume being one of the best looking around.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby sfriday1998 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:48 am

Nice. Rapids should be a good pairing with BTP
Current coaster count: 76
Top flats: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, New England Sky Screamer, Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission BREAKOUT
Top 10 coasters: Wicked Cyclone, Superman TR, Nitro, El Toro, Top Thrill Dragster, Tatsu, Millennium Force, X2, Revenge of the Mummy (USH), Boulder Dash
:airtime:
Stay in school

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:23 pm

I really like this addition. I feel the chosen location is perfect, glad to see it getting developed.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:02 pm

I remember reading somewhere that they were likely to announce it at IAAPA so the official announcement could be coming soon.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!