The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

P. 73 - Adirondack Outlaw Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: The Great Escape (TGE) Discussion Thread

Postby AustinR » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:58 pm

We can hope that the great escape will actually get anything.
Last edited by AustinR on Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:05 pm.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:24 pm

Just coming off a thrill ride, I'm expecting something more for families. Probably is going to be a Zamperla Disko, similar to SFSTL's. Could also be the possibility of Comet backwards. Crystal Beach did it for many years, don't see why TGE couldn't attempt it.
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:27 pm

I was thinking a Proslide Raft Ride
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:46 am

Bonzai Pipelines Coming to The Great Escape
Splashwater Kingdom to Expand with New Body Slides

LAKE GEORGE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Great Escape’s popular outdoor water park, Splashwater Kingdom, goes Bigger, Better and Wetter in 2017! The Great Escape today announced plans to add Bonzai Pipelines, a pair of dueling water slides, to its 2017 lineup. The attraction will boast the park’s first body speed slides delivering unpredictable twists and turns and huge water park fun.

“Bonzai Pipelines will deliver an exhilarating water ride experience combined with a little friendly competition,” said Eric Gilbert, Six Flags Great Escape Resort president. “This multi-slide attraction will be a great enhancement to the water park and provide another awesome way to cool off on hot summer days. From our iconic thrill rides to our two children's areas and free water park, no other theme park in the area offers this level of entertainment for the entire family, and we are excited to continue enhancing our resort in 2017.”

Perched 30 feet in the air, guests will race through nearly 300 feet of banking twists and turns uniquely designed to provide an adrenaline-charged body slide experience. Bonzai Pipelines will feature two brightly colored twisting slides, becoming the 13th attraction in Splashwater Kingdom. The slides will complement the popular Alpine Freefalls in lower Splashwater Kingdom, offering thrill seekers the ultimate water park adventure.

More information about Bonzai Pipelines will be released during a hard hat tour of the attraction’s construction site in the spring of 2017.

The Great Escape is also announcing the start of 2017 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year – savings up to 70% off on 2017 Passes! September 1 through 5, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Season Pass with every Pass purchased. Gold Season Passes include admission to Six Flags Fiesta Texas, and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends. 2017 Season Passes provide unlimited visits any operating day for the rest of 2016 (including park admission to Fright Fest® with FREE Haunts) and all of 2017. Passholders may also purchase a Premium Season Dining Pass, which includes a lunch, dinner, and snack during every park visit, plus they will receive a 2017 All Season Sport Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Premium Season Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park.

Still to come this fall, Six Flags Great Escape’s annual Fright Fest® celebration is bigger than ever before with FREE admission to all Haunted Houses in 2016! The event will take place weekends, October 1–October 30, including Friday nights and Monday, October 10.

For more information, visit sixflags.com/greatescape.
Bonzai_Pipelines.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:12 am.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:24 pm

Not sure how I feel about this addition, was kind of hoping for either a new coaster of course (or a replacement) or a new family ride. They have done a nice job updating the thrill rides but could really start to add more family rides with lower height restrictions. The water park has seen numerous additions over the past few years and really didn't need these slides. If anything they need to add a family raft slide or a water coaster. Still nice to see an addition that isn't a VR makeover like SFM.
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:142
STEEL:113
WOOD:29
PARKS:27

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:02 am

The two big things I got from this announcement are that Comet wasn't VRed and the Alpine Bobsled survived another year. As long as Comet doesn't get VRed, I'm happy since that would kill the capacity of their only high capacity coaster. Thankfully I think the Steamin' Demon saved all of us from that fate. Then the Bobsled has seemingly been on the chopping block forever and it still seems to have another year in it, which is a good thing since it's the park's second best coaster.

The last few times I was there, the water park attractions were definitely more crowded than the ride side, so I can understand this addition. Other than the extreme drop pod slide, I can't recall them having any body slides. Maybe next year they'll finally get that coaster and we all know it will be a Larson Loop :(
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Sluggo77 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:22 am

They already have a Larson Loop. A Disk-O will be the next coaster :lmao:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:56 am

Sluggo77 wrote:They already have a Larson Loop. A Disk-O will be the next coaster :lmao:

Oh I forgot they added that one.

Haha I agree they'll go with a Disk-O. Or they could add VR to the Larson Loop.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:23 pm

Sluggo77 wrote:They already have a Larson Loop. A Disk-O will be the next coaster :lmao:

I'm Matt Ouimet and Disk O's are coasters
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:06 pm

The slides will complement the popular Alpine Freefalls in lower Splashwater Kingdom, offering thrill seekers the ultimate water park adventure.

I wonder what they mean by "complement...Alpine Freefalls", as if this is somehow going to use the same base structure with some modifications made. I know that space right there is pretty tight between the existing structure, the path, and the wave pool on one side, then the structure and the Comet on the other side. Or maybe they just mean it's also going into lower Splashwater and they'll install it over by the Bucket Brigade.

Either way, despite the fact that everyone probably wishes Great Escape would get a new coaster, the water park is where they make money here. Splashwater Kingdom is also a uniquely good water park considering the caliber and size of the attractions in their dry park. I wish more admission-included water parks had as many attractions.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!