TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

^ I think it's a great addition. We actually got something unique to the season, whereas several of the other parks are getting the same thing. I don't even ride spinning rides, and I'm quite happy with Spinsanity.

Haven't been on here a ton, so I'm not sure if that has been talked about...... but I thought some of you might find this interesting... The land that the park sold off has almost been completely cleared already

McBride & Son home bought all of it, they started clearing it last November and are building 4 neighborhoods, a park, and an elementary school. Apparently there is a clause for home buyers that they can not complain about any noises coming from the park.

This is upsets me slightly because now we know there is no room for major expansions without removing something. ): oh well at least we got a good flat this year!

Edit: Six Flags is having a disappointing year, to bad after all those years with unqiue rides. ):

Edited by Tuly

This is an exciting addition! well, at least to me.

I have a theory that Spinsanity will go in the area next to Skyscreamer and across from TW entrance. There's plenty of space over there

Nope. It's going across from Tsunami Soaker

Are they taking out the old Chevy Show building?

Edited by Mad Hatter

Haven't been on here a ton, so I'm not sure if that has been talked about...... but I thought some of you might find this interesting... The land that the park sold off has almost been completely cleared already

McBride & Son home bought all of it, they started clearing it last November and are building 4 neighborhoods, a park, and an elementary school. Apparently there is a clause for home buyers that they can not complain about any noises coming from the park.

I too heard that the new residents can not complain, but it will be a surprise if they don't, after a few years these residents will not be happy campers considering they're living in McBride homes. McBride homes are subpar built homes and one of the problems with a McBride home is supposedly they don't keep noise out very well..... that along with many other complaints about the homes, the complaining will then turn to Six Flags... you just wait and see, I was truthfully very surprised when i heard McBride was building these and not another company.

I can't tell if I would enjoy living by a park or hate it. Being able to gently hear freeze and some of the other coasters in the distance would be cool, but I'm sure it would get old after the first season. Especially when the fireworks shows start, since I'm in bed by 9 on nights where I have to work the next day.

Nope. It's going across from Tsunami Soaker

I'm not even going to recognize that area when I go back to the park.

This is upsets me slightly because now we know there is no room for major expansions without removing something. ): oh well at least we got a good flat this year!

Edit: Six Flags is having a disappointing year, to bad after all those years with unqiue rides. ):

According to Wikipedia, SFSTL is currently using only 283 of it's remaining 323 acres. That being said, they have another 40 acres to expand. To put this in perspective, the Beast, the world's longest roller coaster, fits inside a 35 acre spot at King's Island. Much can be done with 40 acres. The question is, how easily can this land be developed (is it way to hilly?)? And will they want to hold onto it for a sound buffer?

Maybe SFGAm stole it

... it's too early for this.

Happy it isn't the stupid flippidy, crapola, spinarama, 4d, cookie cutter, bail out, here's your steel coaster, addition! HOPING/PRAYING that's not what's to come next year. Give the park something WORTH coming for; especially with SDC's new coaster, Dollywood LR, KI's woodie and HW's wing coaster. It needs something BIG. And not S&S....

I really don't get what everybody's problem with these things are. It seems that everybody that has actually ridden one really likes the 4D's. Seriously, has anyone heard anything negative about them from people who have actually ridden them?

Nothing is wrong with them. They are a really fun ride. People just need something to complain about, really. It's just trolling.

Except the nearest 4D to Six Flags St. Louis is nearly 14 hours away in Texas. You have to realize that 90% of the people that go to Six Flags St. Louis wouldn't even know that the others exists.

This seems kinda like the Batman situation, where people pass of a good ride because it's a clone.

You got it almost perfectly right. The percentage is too low.

Some of us do... the primary reason we always take cruises out of Galveston rather than New Orleans, even though New Orleans is about 150 miles closer, is that we can add on two days at SFOT. Love those meal passes! The only additional cost is two hotel nights.

I think this is a great addition to the park, especially since it's the 40 seat version, which should really help with capacity. I do find it odd that SFGAm got yet another coaster, which will be their 3rd new coaster in the last 5 years. I really thought that SFStl would be getting one of the 4D coasters in 2017. I wonder if the park just doesn't generate enough revenue to justify a new coaster? Or maybe the park just got small additions in 2016/2017 due to JL being such a large addition in 2015?

Or maybe the park just got small additions in 2016/2017 due to JL being such a large addition in 2015?

Those Justice Leagues don't come cheep... some will argue that they are saving production cost money (mostly by splitting the bill over so many clones) by building so many, but those motion base vehicles they are using come with a pretty hefty price tag. While I don't have an exact price tag, I'd venture that the Justice League attractions cost about as much (if not more) than a decent size coaster and likely cost more than the S&S Free Spins they have been building.

We are also doing a Six Flags Themed TPR Bag-O-Crap Twitter give-away! See our Twitter feed for details on how to be entered to win this cool Six Flags stuff including a couple of those giant park "wall maps!" Continue to RT our tweets from later today to be entered for a better chance to win! Winner will be picked later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Click:

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CrSdak1VYAAlB1X.jpg

CrSda3yUAAAVJeQ.jpg

CrSdak3VMAAK2HI.jpg

According to Wikipedia, SFSTL is currently using only 283 of it's remaining 323 acres. That being said, they have another 40 acres to expand.

We just got the lamest addition in the chain (again) and you're talking about 40 acres of expansion in the future like it will ever happen. You're better off hoping for a fraction of the land to be used for a season long failure of a paintball course (again) themed to green lantern.

Long live Tidal Wave.

Or maybe the park just got small additions in 2016/2017 due to JL being such a large addition in 2015?

Those Justice Leagues don't come cheep... some will argue that they are saving production cost money (mostly by splitting the bill over so many clones) by building so many, but those motion base vehicles they are using come with a pretty hefty price tag. While I don't have an exact price tag, I'd venture that the Justice League attractions cost about as much (if not more) than a decent size coaster and likely cost more than the S&S Free Spins they have been building.

I have read the JLBFM ride itself is about $7 million, and it's another $3-$5 million to convert or construct the building, including the exterior, so about $10-$12 million total.

According to Wikipedia, SFSTL is currently using only 283 of it's remaining 323 acres. That being said, they have another 40 acres to expand.

We just got the lamest addition in the chain (again) and you're talking about 40 acres of expansion in the future like it will ever happen. You're better off hoping for a fraction of the land to be used for a season long failure of a paintball course (again) themed to green lantern.

Long live Tidal Wave.

Or maybe Laser Tag?