Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby dstephe9 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:49 am

Operations now are much better than 2011.. I actually made a post here in the horrible operations thread from then. After two visits back then i couldn't stand how the park was running and took a few years off from visiting. It has actually improved since then

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:01 am

Six Flags Announcement day is this Thursday, September 1st.

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY ANNOUNCEMENT NEWS YOURSELF!!!
The admins of this site will create the announcement page for when the information is released. If you create an announcement post yourself, your post will be deleted and you will be given a 30 day ban from the forums.

When other members make the posts, it creates additional work for the admins as they have to come in and clean up those posts and re-do them ourselves. So please, I know a lot of you think it will make you look "cooler" to be the "first" to break the news, but to us admins, you'll just be creating an annoyance for us.

We will get all the news posted as soon as we possibly can.

Thank you for your understanding.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:22 am

4D Interactive Thrill Ride JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis
Coming in 2017 to Six Flags Over Georgia

The Ride Voted “Best New Product in the World” to Debut for Park’s 50th Anniversary

AUSTELL, Ga. — September 1, 2016 — Six Flags Over Georgia — in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment — today announces the next generation of interactive thrills with the all-new 4D interactive thrill ride, JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis, coming in 2017. The amazing thrill ride was recently named by USA Today readers as one of the Top Ten New Amusement Park Attractions of the year and was most recently awarded the Brass Ring for “Best New Product in the World” by the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions.

“2017 will be an exciting year, as the park will be looking back at its 50 year history and debuting one of the world’s best innovative and interactive attractions, as the park looks toward the future,” said Six Flags Atlanta Properties Park President Dale Kaetzel. “The entire family can now join the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team and battle the iconic DC Super-Villains together.”

Engaging in a full-sensory journey on JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis, guests will tag alongside BATMANTM, SUPERMANTM, WONDER WOMAN, THE FLASH and GREEN LANTERN against Lex Luthor, The Joker and his henchmen. The interactive attraction features:
- A 22,000 square foot HALL OF JUSTICE to house this full-sensory thrill ride;
- A 4D ride experience with wind, fire, mist and fog effects, plus life-like animatronic
characters;
- A dramatic fight as the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team travels through laughing gas
and flames in 10 high-intensity scenes;
- One of the first-ever virtual loops, giving riders the feeling of going head-over-heels;
- High definition 3D animation that fully immerses riders into the city of Metropolis;
- All-new, Unreal 4 Gaming engine; and
- 6-passenger vehicles with multi-degrees-of-freedom to transport riders through all the exciting twists and turns without limitations.

Construction is already underway and JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis is scheduled to open in the spring of 2017. For more information on other Six Flags attractions for 2017, visit http://www.sixflags.com/newfor2017.
Key Art Animation Image.jpg
Logo_ SFGA_Justice League Battle for Metropolis.png
Photo_ SFGA_Shooting at Lex Luthor.jpg
Photo_ SFGA_The Joker Fire Element S.jpg
Photo_ SFGA_The Joker with green smoke.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:47 am.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:15 am

Awesome!!!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:38 am

Nothing for White Water or do the water parks do announcements later?

Come one. Come all. Ride the roller coaster in my pants.

Postby SFOGdude25 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:54 am

I like it! SFOG will now have 2 immersive dark rides! Not something many regional parks can say! Can't wait to finally check out one of these Justice League rides!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby The Geek Mojo » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:04 am

Usually White Water has their announcement with the other Six Flags parks. Curious if they get anything new next year. But as far as SFOG goes, I am very happy with this addition. I haven't ridden a JLBFM yet so I'm glad I'll experience it first at my home park. I know a lot of people wanted a coaster but I am perfectly fine with this addition...And it'll look great next to Superman. Now...if only they would get Superman fully operational, get more shade and paint it. *fingers crossed*

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:50 am

I saw some water parks on the list with new rides unless those are free water parks inside the theme parks..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby xstech25 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:53 am

Can you believe this sale they are having now.

-Rest of 2016 + all of 2017
-Parking included
-2017 Whitewater season pass included
-Bonus free ticket for Holiday in the Park

For $52. That's unbelievable, talk about desperation. If I were a park exec I would be scared that huge amounts of lower income people are going to buy season passes then eat at Wendy's right next to the park gates (that's what I do ) :Pr

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:56 am

^ Have to admit I totally got dinner at that Wendy's when I was there earlier this year.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!