Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 1036 - Reservation System Now Live!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:29 am

michaellynn4 wrote:Can I just say it's refreshing to see a positive reaction to the potential news of a Super Loop addition? Especially one DC-themed? You get so sick of the "CARNIVUL RIED!1" "NAHT A COSTAH!" attitude that you sometimes forget there are actually reasonably-minded people out there.

My only issue with the Larson Loops is them being marketed as coasters, which I think is rather silly. Of course, I feel the same way about Disk-O "Coasters". So it looks like SFOT is adding two new "coasters" next year! SFOT coaster cravers rejoice! :lmao: Seriously though, as a flat ride, I think both are great little rides! I would gladly take either one (though particularly a Disk-O) at MiA!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby coastercrazi » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:13 pm

I also agree...thats pretty funny...but if we werent big coaster fans i guess we wouldn't mind...
Crazi :lmao:

Postby Linders » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:42 pm

In the latest teaser they show Riddler Revenge, the Larson Loop, the Zamperla Disk'o, and Superman Tower. The other teaser had all Gotham City rides, along with the Larson Loop. Superman is the one that doesn't belong.
Also, the new Wonder Woman movie trailer came out the other day. I can't help but feel like one of the new rides will be themed to Wonder Woman. It wouldn't fit in with the Gotham City theme, but would work better by Superman. I wonder if they are going to throw either the Disk'o or Larson Loop (I'd bet on the Disk'o) by Superman and theme it to Wonder Woman. They could remove the old Caddo barge and put it there. Similar type of ride.
Or this could all be meant to throw us off and we are getting an S&S free spin and bumper cars. :lmao:

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby ArizonaGuy » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:50 pm

jynx242 wrote:^ Agreed.

Although they are not huge new "OMG AIRTIME!!" additions, people seem to forget the years of pissing and moaning about lack of flat rides. Then, when a park gets new flats, people piss and moan about deserving a coaster :lmao: :lmao: .

I agree. I recall several people complain in various Six Flags park threads about the lack of good flats, etc. Now the parks are getting some really good flats and people are bitching about that. There's more to a park than just roller coasters. Of course some Cedar Fair parks are modeled a little differently but most other parks want to appeal to a larger audience.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Texascoaster89 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:48 am

^The problem with the complaining I'm sure has a lot to do with the fact that it was 7 years between Titan and Pandemonium. Since then, as far as coasters go, they've done the RMC of Giant. Don't get me wrong, it's a great ride now, but it didn't add to the lineup. Realistically that means we're going on 8 years without a new roller coaster. Wild Mouses are fun, but with that being the only meat between Titan and whatever the next coaster will be...we've really been letdown on that aspect.

With that said, the package of flats they've added have been a nice success along with JLBFM. All nice things to round out the park, but being the "flagship park" that they refused to sell. It's time to be granted more of those marquee roller coasters. I'm not seeking some 30 million dollar B&M because I know the park will never spend the money, but there are things they can add for sure.

Postby coastercrazi » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:36 am

^Agreed...we really do need a coaster. It is just time for a new one. A BIG new one...I guess im fine with nore flat rides...but...

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Sportsdude360 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:55 am

Keep in mind here that SFOT will be known for having the best collection of flat rides at any SF park! And 2018 could be the year they're planning to build us a new coaster! I know everyone wants an RMC T-Rex Giga or some such. But I would personally love to see us get an RMC Mega-Lite using the new Raptor track!

Postby coastercrazi » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:33 am

Yes I am keeping that in mind. I AM really excited for the amount of flat rides we will have and to see what exaxtly we ARE getting...SFOT is really underrated for their flat rides tbh...cough cough RODEO cough cough....we have some great ones honestly.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby eskater132 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:24 pm

I can't wait to see what they do with that shopping center space they've had for so long. It's been sitting there vacant for years now!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:19 am

The Joker Will Wreak Total Mayhem in 2017 Iconic DC Comics Super-Villain Mastermind Plots to Seize the
Most Insane Coaster in the History of Six Flags Over Texas

ARLINGTON, Texas ─ September 1, 2016 ─ Six Flags Over Texas, the Thrill Capital of Texas, and Warner
Bros. Consumer Products, on behalf of DC Entertainment, announces the opening of its 13th and most maniacal roller coaster to date, an all-new free-fly coaster called, The Joker. Now home to the most roller coasters in the Southwest, Six Flags Over Texas is proud to welcome this wicked and chaotic thrill ride to reign supreme as the most dynamic coaster in the GOTHAM CITY section of the park.

“We are excited to continue our partnership with the DC brand because it resonates well with our guests, plus The Joker is undeniably one of the greatest Super-Villains of all time” said Steve Martindale, Six Flags Over Texas park president. “The unpredictability and gravity-defying somersaults on this award-winning, spinning vertical coaster is the perfect addition to our already impressive coaster line-up.”

After being lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill, the freestyle-coaster will wreak havoc as riders flip head-over-heels at least six times along the weightless journey. Thrill seekers will experience exhilarating leaps and dives along a horizontal plane, along with unexpected drops as they tumble from one level to the next. The wing seats amp up the pandemonium since riders will experience all of this chaos with no track above or below─ just the sky, ground and plenty of sinister thrills.
The unique design of The Joker features:

- Massive, imposing, floating and twisting I-box track frame in a unique two-tone design;
- One-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing
guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track;
- 4-D wing vehicles that seat up to 8 per vehicle with a total of 5 vehicles;
- Face-off seats that allow riders to face each other as they tumble head-over-heels;
- A 120-foot-tall, 90-degree hill that is ascended by an elevator-style, chain link lift; and
- Two beyond 90-degree “raven” drops giving the sensation of free-falling.

The Joker is expected to wreak total mayhem beginning in the spring of 2017, and reign supreme over the Super-Villainous roller coasters in the GOTHAM CITY section at Six Flags Over Texas.

Six Flags Over Texas is also announcing the start of 2017 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year— savings up to 70% off on a 2017 Passes! September 1 through 5, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Combo Season Pass with ever Pass purchased. Gold Combo Season Passes include admission to Six Flags Over Texas and Hurricane Harbor- Arlington, and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends.

2017 Season Passes provide unlimited visits for the rest of the 2016 season (including park admission to Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park®) plus all of 2017. Passholders may also purchase a Premium Season Dining Pass, which includes a lunch, dinner, and snack during every park visit, plus they will receive a 2017 All Season Sport Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Premium Season Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park.

For more information about the 2017 season, visit https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/newfor2017
joker thumb.jpg
The Joker Free Fly Coaster 2.jpg
The Joker Free Fly Coaster 3.jpg
The Joker Free Fly Coaster 4.jpg
The Joker Free Fly Coaster.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:50 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!