Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1304 - Catwoman Whip Coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:04 am

Spinsanity Whirls into Six Flags St. Louis in 2017
New Ride Turns Up The Thrill Factor at the Eureka Based Theme Park

Six Flags St. Louis, the Coaster Capital of Missouri, will send guests reeling with the addition of the new Spinsanity in 2017. This intense thrill ride will give guests a rush of excitement with its dual rocking, spinning motion.

Spinsanity brings a different thrill to the park as the massive disc spins first one direction and then another while swinging from side to side. Forty guests sit on motorcycle-style seats facing outward as the disc flies along the 51-foot high half-pipe track all while whirling around at 14 revolutions per minute. The innovative attraction is the first-of-its-kind at the park.

“We continue to give our guests more and more unique thrills at Six Flags St. Louis,” said Pete Carmichael, park president. “The multi-directional movement of the ride combined with the innovative seating design makes Spinsanity a must experience ride.”

Spinsanity Fast Facts:

• 40 riders are seated on motorcycle-style, pedestal seats facing outward;
  • Giant disc rotates clockwise and counter-clockwise while arcing side to side;
  • Half-pipe track structure stands 5-stories tall; and
  • Rotates at 14 revolutions per minute
  • Riders must be a minimum of 48” tall to experience this innovative new thrill ride which will be located across from Tsunami Soaker in the Chouteau’s Market section of the park. Spinsanity is set to open spring 2017. For more information and a video highlighting upcoming 2017 Six Flags rides and attractions, visit https://www.sixflags.com/stlouis/newfor2017.
Six Flags St. Louis is also announcing the start of 2017 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year – savings up to 70% off of 2017 Season Passes! September 1 through 5, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Season Pass with each Season Pass purchased. Gold Season Passes include admission to Six Flags St. Louis and Hurricane Harbor as well as to any other Six Flags theme park, free parking and special admission offers for friends. 2017 Season Passes provide unlimited visits any operating day for the rest of 2016, including park admission to Fright Fest®, Holiday in the Park and all of 2017. Pass holders may also purchase a Premium Dining Pass, which includes a lunch, dinner, and snack during every park visit, plus they will receive a 2017 All Season Sport Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Premium Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park.
maxresdefault (5).jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:38 am.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby aaronmb » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:11 am

robbalvey wrote:

Judging by the comments, a lot of people don't like the additions. Would've preferred that Joker ride myself.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:21 am

^ I think it's a great addition. We actually got something unique to the season, whereas several of the other parks are getting the same thing. I don't even ride spinning rides, and I'm quite happy with Spinsanity.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:36 am

But where will this be placed at? I hope they don't remove any current rides!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:43 am

That looks to be Hurricane Force 5 at SFFT. It was the first Disk'O ride at any SF park. They are a lot of fun and a fine addition to any park's flat ride line up.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:51 am

Now, thanks to SFFT, I'm hoping for a water coaster to be added to SFStL in the future lol! That concept looks awesome!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:09 am

This is an exciting addition! well, at least to me.

I have a theory that Spinsanity will go in the area next to Skyscreamer and across from TW entrance. There's plenty of space over there
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Six Flags Cypress Adventures
HARD ROCK PARK Coming to Chaos Crafter 2019!!

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Tuly » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:32 am

castaway_kid wrote:
parkjunkie wrote:Haven't been on here a ton, so I'm not sure if that has been talked about...... but I thought some of you might find this interesting... The land that the park sold off has almost been completely cleared already

McBride & Son home bought all of it, they started clearing it last November and are building 4 neighborhoods, a park, and an elementary school. Apparently there is a clause for home buyers that they can not complain about any noises coming from the park.

This is upsets me slightly because now we know there is no room for major expansions without removing something. ): oh well at least we got a good flat this year!

Edit: Six Flags is having a disappointing year, to bad after all those years with unqiue rides. ):
Last edited by Tuly on Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:39 am.
Montu : The Boss : Goliath(SFGAM)
Coaster Count : 30

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:32 am

SixFlagsAstroworld wrote:This is an exciting addition! well, at least to me.

I have a theory that Spinsanity will go in the area next to Skyscreamer and across from TW entrance. There's plenty of space over there

Nope. It's going across from Tsunami Soaker

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Mad Hatter » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:53 am

HARLEYGUYJB wrote:
SixFlagsAstroworld wrote:This is an exciting addition! well, at least to me.

Nope. It's going across from Tsunami Soaker

Are they taking out the old Chevy Show building?

Last edited by Mad Hatter on Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:13 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!