Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1066: Finnegan's Flyer POV video
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:22 am

boldikus wrote:Looks like the park added an update on their website. Apologies if its been mentioned here but update says the first drop has been increased from 74 feet to 81 feet and they are adding a second tunnel somewhere along the course.

Photos of construction there as well.

:nina:

defrocker wrote:
boldikus wrote:Looks like the park added an update on their website. Apologies if its been mentioned here but update says the first drop has been increased from 74 feet to 81 feet and they are adding a second tunnel somewhere along the course.

Photos of construction there as well.

We didn't get to vote on this. I call shenanigans! so much for #decidetheride... #we'rebuschgardensandwedowhatwewant

:nina: :nina: :lol:

I will say, I just realized that the logo was decided, and I'm glad they went with the Dragon Crest. I don't remember if I voted for the Red or Blue now (don't get old, kids...), but I think the red sets it apart from Griffon more, at least.

Also, I know people have been generally lukewarm on this coaster's stats, but I think it looks, and sounds, awesome! I love tunnels, interaction with other rides, and utilizing natural terrain, so just based on those things I dig it. I also think it'll have plenty of airtime, which is always a plus. :b I REALLY want to make my first trip back to BGW since 14 years ago next year, and get on this thing! I guess we'll see how things go...

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby StarWars » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:18 pm

Hmm. Looking at the post, it mentions they want us to guess where the second tunnel is. Looking at the old POV (hopefully they do a new one soon), nothing clear stands out. The only thing that I could think of was the helix at the end. That would be cool, I guess. Though, since Loch Ness Monster also has that, I'm not so sure that's it.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:27 pm

Now that nothing else has been announced, my thoughts on this coaster have improved! If it indeed uses terrain and forest setting well, this little coaster will be a ton of fun! Who wouldv'e thought an 80ft GCI would be the second largest coaster built in the US for 2017, behind a slightly larger GCI :p
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby defrocker » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:28 pm

What I find very interesting is how both GCI's are going to have to cross train tracks and interact with a water ride.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:58 pm

Im excited to see the theming around the coaster. If its themed anywhere near as good as Cobra's Curse it should be amazing.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:12 pm

Speaking of InvadR . . . how about another construction update? With a bit of Howl-o-Scream thrown in for good measure?

I went over to the park this morning, and they're definitely making progress. Nothing you could call "vertical" construction, but a lot more concrete has been poured, holes dug, and rebar put in place.
001.jpg
We're looking at you, Pokemon Go players!
002.jpg
Let's start with a train ride.
003.jpg
Entering Invadr's war zone.
004.jpg
"We dig dig dig dig dig dig dig it's what we like to do."
005.jpg
I think this is going to be a "tunnel"--or "shed."
006.jpg
But I doubt that it's a "mystery shed" like at Kings Island.
007.jpg
Let's take a peek at this footer. Be careful not to impale yourself on the stockade.
008.jpg
What's happening over by the train station and the path to LeScoot?
009.jpg
Remember to follow the concrete, for it will always lead you to rebar--and glory! And the possibility of more concrete to come.
009a.jpg
Yep--lots more concrete.
010.jpg
I think this is where the queue and station are going to be, but don't quote me on that. I don't have a set of blueprints. It does look like they're putting up a wall, though.
011.jpg
Here's a line of "Sonotubes." If I'm interpreting the BGW blog correctly, these are round footers for the run to the lift hill.
012.jpg
All I do is follow the concrete.
012a.jpg
Chains. I guess the invading Vikings are a bit kinky. The stick says something about a "c bent" and "20 feet."
012b.jpg
More rebar--or perhaps contemporary art.
013.jpg
Here's a look at that mess of rebar from a different angle.
013a.jpg
Meanwhile, over by LeScoot . . .
014.jpg
Lots of grading and digging have been going on between the flume and the railroad tracks.
016.jpg
Here's a closer look.
017.jpg
That's about all for Invadr, so . . .
018.jpg
. . . how about a nice light lunch?
019.jpg
Sorry, Europe in the Air fans. I imagine there's one or two of you, at least.
020.jpg
The ride is all boarded up for Howl-o-Scream's "Unearthed--Scarlett's Revenge" maze.
021.jpg
Here's a look at the "Circo Sinistro" site. This maze is replacing "Cutthroat Cove," and will feature "Room Roulette," in which you choose your own way through a room. It's located in Festa Italia.
022.jpg
Looks like they're getting "Lumberhacks" ready.
023.jpg
Hmm--this could be where they are assembling bents for InvadR. The Verbolten show building is in the background.
024.jpg
Vampires will be on the loose in "Bitten" again. This is the oldest maze at Howl-o-Scream. It's in the old Drachen Fire station not far from the Festhaus.
025.jpg
I think's there's nothing creepier than ventriloquist dummies.
026.jpg
I imagine they'll be part of the new "Sideshow Square" zone, which I assume is in Italy.
027.jpg
Hard to believe that Howl-o-Scream is less than a month away.
028.jpg
And, hey, Bierfest is just around the corner!
029.jpg
Oktoberfest is gearing up.
030.jpg
Hmm--speaking of beer, . . .
031.jpg
. . . I think this is good time to get one. Thanks for reading.
Last edited by cfc on Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:00 am.

Postby Jcoaster » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:46 pm

Great update. How is the Beir room? From what I've seen there seems to be plenty of selection.

InvadR's progress seems to be moving along at a nice speed.

Finally...I wish the closure of Europe in the Air was permanent ;)
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:53 pm

Very nice to be getting updates often, thanks for posting the pictures!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:16 pm

Jcoaster wrote:Great update. How is the Beir room? From what I've seen there seems to be plenty of selection.

The craft beer room is quite nice and seems to be a hit with guests. There's a good-sized selection of beers on tap from Virginia breweries (and some from out of state). They sell food, too (pretzels, German meatballs, etc.).

Postby Jcoaster » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:19 pm

cfc wrote:
Jcoaster wrote:Great update. How is the Beir room? From what I've seen there seems to be plenty of selection.

The craft beer room is quite nice and seems to be a hit with guests. There's a good-sized selection of beers on tap from Virginia breweries (and some from out of state). They sell food, too (pretzels, German meatballs, etc.).

Oh wow, I definitely be in there when I make my visit next season.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!