• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Wow the Matterhorn Bobsleds one has so much going on in it: http://ridesims.com/simulations/matterhorn-bobsleds/

This is an understatement. I've only been operating one side of the mountain, as it's super difficult as is. I've been trying to give it a whirl over the past few days, but I keep running into a cascade, which, I assume is their word for stacking. The instructions clearly explain the goal of clearing a cascade, (quickly move all sleds through the station after resetting the emergency stop...) but the explanation stops there. The lift stops working, and I can't figure out how to advance the carriages though the station. Anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Wow the Matterhorn Bobsleds one has so much going on in it: http://ridesims.com/simulations/matterhorn-bobsleds/

This is an understatement. I've only been operating one side of the mountain, as it's super difficult as is. I've been trying to give it a whirl over the past few days, but I keep running into a cascade, which, I assume is their word for stacking. The instructions clearly explain the goal of clearing a cascade, (quickly move all sleds through the station after resetting the emergency stop...) but the explanation stops there. The lift stops working, and I can't figure out how to advance the carriages though the station. Anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

A cascade will trigger an emergency stop. The steps to resolving this and returning to normal operation are:

1. Use the arrow key to designate which side you are resetting, and hold 'r' until it says "System Restarting"

2. Click the "Reset" button located just left of the E-stop

3. With the trains in the station area, move two to the maintenance track, and move other available trains to the storage track

5. Enter the block control panel and switch to manual

6. Click all the lit red keys one at a time to reset them. You may need to wait a few seconds to select each block because trains need to move out of the way.

5. Restart the lift (switch is near the entrance and single rider line switches)

6. Bring the remaining trains into the station until you have at least 8 there, and two on the maintenance track

7. Reopen the block control panel and switch to 'normal'

8. Resume operation

I keep thinking it would be cool to see an Indiana Jones Sim and an X2 sim on their site to play.

With Helix, I always leave one train in station and when I need to take one of the trains off the main circuit, I just swap trains. The one in the mechanic bay for the one in circuit.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It would have been nice for a reason as to why they are shutting down. Not just a "This is the way it has to be. The developer would be affected."

I would be much more understanding if they gave an actual legit explanation. It's pretty selfish just to close down and take the sims away from everyone. It would be like Robb just one day saying "Alright guys, I'm shutting down TPR tomorrow. Get your last posts in."

It's pretty selfish just to close down and take the sims away from everyone. It would be like Robb just one day saying "Alright guys, I'm shutting down TPR tomorrow. Get your last posts in."

I don't think it's selfish to do that with their own property when they put in so much time and effort for a free service. I think like when the TPR tours stopped due to not wanting to deal with the hassle and stupid people, Robb would be well within his rights if he just decided he was fed up of all the stupid comments that have been appearing lately on the forums and just closed the site and forums the next day. I mean it must take hours of work to moderate and run and although I really love the forums over facebook/twitter, I wouldn't be surprised if social media (outside of the forums)/youtube is where TPR gets the majority of it's hits from overall.