Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 275: Halloween Horror Nights 2019 scare zones revealed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:41 am

Mater wrote:I have literally never come across someone who's dislikes The Simpsons.

I was always turned off by it as a kid, and while I've learned (partly thanks to TPR) that I'm able to watch it, I'm still not a "fan." (I've never cared for cartoons, so don't expect any academic criticism here, haha.) That said, I was hugely impressed by, and perhaps even loved the simulator at USO. The theming and even the ride experience itself was top-notch, not to mention more thrilling and satisfying than many simulators.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:08 pm

https://media.universalorlando.com/PressRelease/detail.aspx?id=57714&ct=27752

Tis the season for Krampus as Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort bring the terrifying dark Christmas legend to life in an all-new "Halloween Horror Nights" maze beginning September 16, 2016.

The creative minds behind the nation’s best and most extreme Halloween events unleash the wrath of Krampus, Legendary Pictures and Universal Pictures’ Christmas-themed horror film co-written and directed by Michael Dougherty, in a sinister new "Halloween Horror Nights" maze.

The dead of winter sets the stage for the terror that’s about to unfold one cold, dank and dreary Christmas Eve as the fabled anthropomorphic "half-goat, half-demon" horned creature emerges to terrorize those devoid of holiday spirit. In scenes lifted from the film, guests will navigate the dysfunctional Engel family home to encounter the evil ancient spirit of Krampus – the dark shadow of Saint Nicholas – and his band of Dark Elves and sinister Gingerbread Men, who cause the family to fight to see the light of day.

Universal Studios' "Halloween Horror Nights" is the ultimate Halloween event. For more than 25 years, guests from around the world have visited "Halloween Horror Nights" in Hollywood and Orlando to become victims inside their own horror film. The streets of each coast’s event are transformed into highly-themed scare zones where menacing "scare-actors" lunge from every darkened corner. Multiple movie-quality haunted houses are erected throughout the event, based on anything from iconic slasher films to hit horror television series to haunting original stories.

Additional details about Universal Studios' "Halloween Horror Nights" will be revealed soon. For more information about Halloween Horror Nights at either Universal Studios Hollywood or Universal Orlando Resort, visit http://www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com.
Krampus_HHN26_LR.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:10 am

This was such a great scare zone...can't wait to see it as a maze.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CedarFlags » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:22 am

Mr. Corn wrote:To the question above, Sorry, I don't know

Mini Rant:
They need to build non motion simulator attractions. I know people who hate motion simulators, so I could never take them. There are 4, yes only 4, non motion simulator rides in the park (Super Silly Spinner, FotH, Mummy, and Jurassic Park)!!!!

End Rant

Tbh, I feel you. I can ride coasters all day long, but Universal style rides make me SO NAUSEOUS. After getting off Forbidden Journey, I was so woozy that I could barely walk down the stairs off the exit platform.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby edgeboy » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:29 am

^I don't disagree, but the main problem is space. Non motion simulator rides require a lot of space, which is something that they don't have. When they do put in a roller coaster, it's like The Mummy, which everyone here complains about because it's too short. What do you expect?

So pick your poison: a very short roller coaster, or yet another, but much longer and more immersive motion simulator experience?

With some luck, we'll be getting a compromise with a long rumored SLOP dark ride.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby gearbm95 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:27 pm

I'm going to be in the LA area the first weekend of October and was thinking about hitting up HHN. I've been to the event in Florida once and was wondering if the mazes are on-par or better at the Hollywood park? Also, I wasn't the biggest fan of HHN in Orlando due to the mazes just being one big conga line throughout the entire thing, it killed the atmosphere and eliminated any chance of being startled or scared. Is this common practice at the Hollywood event as well?

Also, do you think FJ will be open during HHN?

Thanks!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:47 am

https://www.facebook.com/HalloweenHorrorNights/photos/a.99951016726.104329.94589241726/10153700569506727/?type=3

Alert: The commencement of The Purge begins September 16 as a scare zone at #UniversalHHN!
13939459_10153700569506727_8285852221381893687_n.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby DBJ » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:22 pm

The conga line does happen at HHN. I am pretty sure barring a technical issue, that FJ will be open for HHN. I am curious to see how it effects the lines for the mazes this year. Speaking of which, can't say I am interested in Purge - again, as a theme for a scare zone. Mostly because I find the movies scare free. However, with Walking Dead, Krampus, Texas, Freddy Vs. Jason, Michael Myers, and Exorcist, it is an incredible line-up.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby gearbm95 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:55 am

DBJ wrote:The conga line does happen at HHN. I am pretty sure barring a technical issue, that FJ will be open for HHN. I am curious to see how it effects the lines for the mazes this year. Speaking of which, can't say I am interested in Purge - again, as a theme for a scare zone. Mostly because I find the movies scare free. However, with Walking Dead, Krampus, Texas, Freddy Vs. Jason, Michael Myers, and Exorcist, it is an incredible line-up.

Damn, I'll probably pass on HHN then and hit up SFMM during the day for the coasters. It's disappointing that this "conga line" is a regular occurrence at their HHN events. I'd be willing to pay $25-30 more for a ticket if it was possible to go through the haunts in a group of 4-6 people.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby DBJ » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:31 am

As a silver lining, you will be at SFMM during Fright Fest so you will have the option of joining the conga lines for the mazes via the upcharge, or just enjoy the scare zones and entertainment during the FF.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!