TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

USA 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are some bizarre-looking restraints on T3... glad to hear that they improve the experience though!

They look weird, especially the fighter pilot-esque green restraint release buttons, but they made the ride so much better. I was able to ride it 4 times in a row without a headache. It's shaky, but at least the rapid directional changes can be enjoyed instead of beating you to a pulp.

No wonder why you thought that Storm Chaser was so nuts; you guys had the blue train. The wheel configuration that the blue train has makes it MUCH faster; I was there a couple weeks ago and they only ran the purple train, and tested the blue train after the park closed because the maintenance guys said earlier in the day that it was going so fast it was tripping the E-stop. It was still *REALLY* good in the purple train and definitely was not anything close to what I would call slow, but IMO one of the weaker RMC's. (To be a bit more specific on that, I'd rank it in order of increasing intensity as Lightning Run before the bunny hops --> Storm Chaser --> Lightning Run's finale.)

Do you think that they actually listened to your ride suggestions?

ConWyTHWEAAJbTd.jpg

ConWyTFWAAA19Fc.jpg

ConWyTHWcAAmQ_q.jpg

ConWyTIWAAAJz_z.jpg

Starting our visit to at Kings Island off awesome with rides on Banshee! Love this coaster!!!

Con5yEhWAAARmaZ.jpg

Wow! Been a great morning filming at Kings Island! Work is done... Now time to have FUN!!!

Con8hLJXgAANwq9.jpg

Con8hLKXEAQBXaQ.jpg

Con8hLKWEAALJwd.jpg

Con8hLLWIAA1zxG.jpg

You know what's a great way to wake up in the morning? Riding Diamondback at Kings Island!

CooCkd1W8AEFvh0.jpg

CooCkeEWEAA8bE9.jpg

CooCkd6XEAAk2aM.jpg

I have not been the biggest fan of newer B&Ms but I absolutely *LOVE* Banshee!

CooFxhnXYAE7X5C.jpg

So at Kings Island is doing "Christmas in July" today and they legit have Christmas trees up and music playing! lol

CooJCxsWgAAHRLU.jpg

CooJCxwWgAAJmHf.jpg

CooJCxxWEAAshI0.jpg

CooJCxtWEAAUArx.jpg

Always nice to see some love given to an Arrow suspended coaster! The Bat.

CooNaqNWIAE3dgw.jpg

CooNaqRWEAA0Z80.jpg

CooNaqXW8AADIsO.jpg

My #RetroGaming friends should appreciate this display at Kings Island!

CooZ41xWcAA6Z2n.jpg

CooZ41yWAAAg85W.jpg

CooZ41yW8AAMjm0.jpg

CooZ41zXEAA5K2K.jpg

Getting some great "behind the scenes" pics of The Beast.

CoogdXCWgAA2rQW.jpg

Cooazj0XEAA6fTm.jpg

Cooa1CYXEAAhoRh.jpg

Cooa5yNUIAARUIj.jpg

Soaking wet faces at Kings Island.

Cooj8f3WIAEotn1.jpg

Cooj8f7XgAEwELJ.jpg

No "Christmas in July" would be complete without Santa Claus! Did you know he spends his summer at Kings Island.

CoowWf5WgAAH-Y_.jpg

When it's busy at Kings Island they put on the super long train on Banshee!

Coo3gB2WcAAgq-t.jpg

Coo3gByXYAAELoU.jpg

Coo3gBzWIAEXQyH.jpg

What's your favorite inversion on Vortex at Kings Island? The loops, the corkscrews or the batwing?

Coo_-l2WIAAe7Hg.jpg

Coo_-l2W8AAHCvz.jpg

Coo_-l3WgAAT6aI.jpg

Coo_-l1WEAAQ_Lv.jpg

The Racer at Kings Island is an absolute CLASSIC! Are you "Team Red" or "Team Blue?"

CopJ8qLWgAAFZTi.jpg

CopJ8qOWgAgbUEX.jpg

Tower photo... And reverse tower photo!

CopavKUWAAAn9h_.jpg

CopavKYWIAAnONU.jpg

CopavLDWEAASfMy.jpg

CopavKUWYAEeGa7.jpg

Some of the awesome coaster views you can get from the top of the tower!

CophanUWYAAHJ2C.jpg

CophanYWEAA9ZZH.jpg

From the tower you can get an idea of where at Kings Island's new Mystic Timbers is going to go next year.

CopliicWgAEXHxf.jpg

CopliidWIAAWQRt.jpg

CopliidWYAQK2b7.jpg

CopliieXYAQzkUt.jpg

More awesome views from the tower!

CopOl84WgAAz3rZ.jpg

Son of Beast shrine over by Banshee at Kings Island - Do you miss this coaster? Yes/No?

CopoEyfWgAAtx3C.jpg

CopoEyhWAAAQe7u.jpg

Visiting from out of town, have limited time at Kings Island, or just hate lines we highly recommend FastLanePlus!

Copx_icXYAALWDG.jpg

CopyAtqWEAACd6D.jpg

A couple of awesome Diamondback pics from Hanno during our visit to at Kings Island today!

Cop4gMMW8AAf75G.jpg

Love that at Kings Island has #Pokemon themed games! I love Squirtle. What's your favorite #PokemonGo character?

Cop8HXIXYAAxK0s.jpg

Cop8HXKWYAA0OWW.jpg

Cop8OjxWgAANzzt.jpg

Cop8OjzXEAAsRGT.jpg

Just a few photos by Hanno of The Beast!

CoqEAX0XEAAyb9K.jpg

Dear theme parks around the world. Build one of these like at Kings Island. If you already have one, build another!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

CoqFw7EWgAEyII8.jpg

Sun is setting at Kings Island ... So you know that Beast night rides are happening soon!

CoqMhxHWAAAnEwy.jpg

CoqMhxFWEAAg1_K.jpg

CoqMhxLXEAAlf34.jpg

Night rides on The Beast are always awesome!

CosXipXWIAANtg0.jpg

Front seat view of The Beast! Who wishes they could be riding right now?

CosVcYjXEAAIK9c.jpg

We did! We had an AWESOME day at Kings Island! Looking forward to our next visit!

What a great trip! How does one get lucky enough to join you guys on a day like this.

This trip is what I like to call our "extended family" - a small group of people whom we've known most of them for around 10 years. We don't travel in "open" groups at the moment, only close friends and family, sorry.

What a great trip! How does one get lucky enough to join you guys on a day like this.

This trip is what I like to call our "extended family" - a small group of people whom we've known most of them for around 10 years. We don't travel in "open" groups at the moment, only close friends and family, sorry.

And if someone from the TPR site sees you and wants to walk up and say "hi"?

Awesome photo updates from your U.S. trip. It's also pretty cool to hear you guys enjoyed KK so much, even T3! Storm Chaser started out kind of sluggish when it first opened, but now it FLIES through the course! You guys even got to use the faster train, too!

Side note, I can totally understand your want to do park trips casually with folks you know rather than leading public tours to parks. Less having to keep up with multiple heads, and more about simply enjoying the parks for yourselves.

Glad to see you ride all these coasters, I was at Kentucky Kingdom 2 weeks ago and they Storm Chaser's blue train in the transfer station before I got on the first time, but I still enjoyed Storm Chaser a lot regardless. T3 wasn't awful, it was rather mediocre because it was still pretty rattly, but the paint looks really good since they repainted it a while back. Lightning Run was a lot of fun and a great first coaster of the day since it's close to the entrance.

Cot4yGPWAAAO967.jpg

We have just made it to @CedarPoint! Spending the next couple of days at America's roller coast!

Co3gv2IWIAAu1nG.jpg

One of my favorite sights in the world! The @CedarPoint skyline crossing the causeway!

Cot-2ZEWgAAzxVL.jpg

Love being back @CedarPoint!

CouAzeWWEAIiHIk.jpg

15 minutes for Raptor??? We picked a very good day to visit @cedarpoint!

CouFsJzWIAAdgvl.jpg

CouFsJ2WEAA2shu.jpg

CouFsJ4WgAEr_LO.jpg

Starting our day @cedarpoint on Blue Streak! Why? Because it's a classic and it's awesome!

CouL33lXEAUEWjc.jpg

CouL33mWAAAVqk_.jpg

A few things have changed here @cedarpoint since our last visit! Looking forward to all the new stuff!

CouYY3HWgAA_mcA.jpg

CouYY3FWYAEl8vN.jpg

CouYY3GXYAANOG-.jpg

CouYY3IWgAAQJhH.jpg

Just got off Millennium Force @cedarpoint! What an awesome ride!

Coui_NEWAAAHlqA.jpg

Coui_NGWIAAWITu.jpg

Coui_NJWgAAUI3X.jpg

The @CedarPoint mine ride! Another oldie but goodie!

CouynfKWgAA7uPy.jpg

CouynfGXEAEJe_6.jpg

CouynfJXgAE97RY.jpg

CouynfJWcAAE2xp.jpg

Just did the VR test on Iron Dragon @CedarPoint! It was great! Really added some extra fun to an older ride!

Cou8xAdUMAA4Otl.jpg

Cou8xBGUAAEO1CD.jpg

Cou8xAcUMAA-1YS.jpg

Cou8xBBUIAQ9P-b.jpg

The Iron Dragon VR test is being done @cedarpoint in the evening. Sign up and get a return time. It's really fun!

CovC81AUEAEiDdy.jpg

CovC81CVIAA2SwZ.jpg

CovC814UAAEr-my.jpg

CovC816VYAQef1l.jpg

Dinner @FamousDaves located in the marina next to @cedarpoint! Favorite place at the "Point" for dinner!

CovFbrCUIAAKWkc.jpg

CovFbrBVIAUWXIM.jpg

CovFbr_VYAIFOlD.jpg

CovFbr_UsAAzPlj.jpg

Just took my first ride on #Valravn @cedarpoint! Great ride! Nice to see a B&M Dive coaster at this park!

CovR7C0WgAAwjU3.jpg

CovR7C0W8AAV_gk.jpg

CovR7C1XYAAXHv_.jpg

Night time @CedarPoint is just beautiful! And night rides are AWESOME!!!

CovfUj2XgAAprP3.jpg

CovfUj4WgAA80tK.jpg

CovfUj4WEAA2Mw0.jpg

What's better than ending your night @CedarPoint on Millennium Force? An MF ride during fireworks! Kick ass!!!

CovgMRDWcAAAeu4.jpg

Always awesome running into TPR fans working @cedarpoint! We love you guys!!! You help make the park amazing!

CovnLbqXgAAn4qm.jpg

Good night @CedarPoint! See you again tomorrow!

CoxqrA_XEAIVAId.jpg

Good morning @cedarpoint! Starting our hotel early entry time on #Valravn!

CoxuqOIXgAE8vSa.jpg

CoxuqOIWcAANMFr.jpg

CoxuqOLXYAEXsRO.jpg

Kristen just rode her first Dive Coaster @cedarpoint! She freakin *LOVED* #Valravn!

Cox9BLfWEAA7KE_.jpg

Cox9BLhWAAAVzWU.jpg

Cox9BLhWEAA3gOa.jpg

Cox9BLhWcAQpzJL.jpg

Another first for Kristen @cedarpoint! She said Maverick is now her #1 steel coaster! Smart girl!

CoyGTMxXYAEEGFC.jpg

CoyGTMxWIAA-bkU.jpg

CoyGTMzWEAA7LCZ.jpg

Kristen is loving all the "big" @cedarpoint coasters now that she's 52"!

CoyTS2aXEAAy0o2.jpg

CoyTS2YW8AAnyTg.jpg

CoyTS2XXYAAunhP.jpg

CoyTS2ZWYAIGIkU.jpg

Which of the four Intamin coasters @CedarPoint is your favorite?

Coya-eSXEAEGocg.jpg

Coya-dgWEAAQs6m.jpg

Coya-dWXYAEhJCZ.jpg

Coya-dYWEAAsBAb.jpg

Taking a ride on Gatekeeper! Gotta love keyholing over the entrance of @CedarPoint!

Coyjj5xW8AAlTo4.jpg

It's not a visit to @CedarPoint without a visit to @TGIFridays!

Coy4W8yWgAABF4k.jpg

Coy4W8zW8AAKu_v.jpg

Coy4W80WAAAaQRb.jpg

Coy4W83WAAA5Ffb.jpg

We paid our final respects to Mean Streak @CedarPoint and it's awesome crew! Ride closes forever on Sept 16th!

Co3MSO2W8AAS8CJ.jpg

I took my final ride on Mean Streak!

443031955_meanstreaklastridegoodwins.thumb.jpg.09a437b8d0af9f1577074b2017b5e8f0.jpg

1572388145_meanstreaklastridejared.thumb.jpg.ca859ac571b9a14a40d336d51aae1d07.jpg

1751232357_meanstreaklastridekristen.thumb.jpg.54e482c5944eb9bdbf71ff8a38fe6641.jpg

64312062_meanstreaklastridenathan.thumb.jpg.9906dd25ed1e24d709237a8f49110684.jpg

The many faces of Mean Streak! lol (Photos by Hanno)

[twitter]

[/twitter]

Coza5RAWcAEo0V7.jpg

Coza5RBXEAAy_LV.jpg

Coza5RHWgAAwsXc.jpg

Coza5RBWgAAccok.jpg

Just took a ride on Rougarou @cedarpoint! Now THIS is how you "plus" a ride! Huge improvement over Mantis!

CozlUaQXEAI9NIa.jpg

CozlUaTWYAAnUOI.jpg

How many of our followers love to "kick some sky" on Raptor @CedarPoint?

CozygxkXEAAdpSU.jpg

CozygxmWEAAsD64.jpg

CozygxoWYAALLn2.jpg

More TPR fans working at Gemini @cedarpoint! We love you guys! And your ride is awesome, too!

Co0FwqTXgAAT-hz.jpg

Co0FwqUWIAQLPWH.jpg

Co0FwqWXEAAIJ5T.jpg

Co0FwqgWAAE0y7r.jpg

It's always "dinner & a show" at Tomo Hibachi @cedarpoint! (Located inside Hotel Breakers)

Co0CZB1XgAkKLKd.jpg

Who thinks this is what @cedarpoint should do to Mean Streak?

Co0TWJVWcAEubzu.jpg

Co0TWJWWEAEtFQ6.jpg

Co0TWJZXYAAuwzr.jpg

Beautiful sunset @cedarpoint tonight!

Co0lIOOXgAAyWl1.jpg

Maverick night rides! Insane! Absolutely better than "normal sex!"

image.thumb.jpeg.8978094c406ea04068dd45665bfa360e.jpeg

Closed out 2 days @cedarpoint with a night ride on Maverick riding with @coasterkyle! What a great end to our visit!

Co3B5jsXYAAMLSv.jpg

TPR fully approves of the @CedarPoint announcement yesterday! Mean Streak closes forever on September 16th!

Edited by robbalvey

Hmmm.

Maybe by next year's Coastermania!, there will be ____________________ in Mean Streak's place, perhaps that soon?

#hereshoping

Awesome report on Cedar Point, Robb! I really really REALLY want to get over there, next year or a bit later on.

Edited by Nrthwnd

As a former Mantis ride op, I'm still sad to see my baby turned into a floorless, but I totally get why they did it and Rougarou was running incredibly smooth the last time I rode it. CP is really looking nice after the past few seasons of upgrades.

Looks like a great time on the lake! How does Valravn compare to other Dive Machines?

To be honest I feel the Dive Machines all feel very similar, but that's not a bad thing because I really like this style of ride so that means Valravn gets a big thumbs up from me!